• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome CBS/ESPN refugees, and all Seahawks Fans!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Kyle glad to see you join in. This is damn cool board. It is way different then the ESPN board. That board is all about trolls and arguing with trolls, very little about football. Some posters actually like doing so ( even though they claim to hate trolls).
This is the slow time of year for football, so keeping the conversation going means you need posters to pitch in and post.
I'm saying this for those other members that need to be encouraged or prodded to pitch in.
Your a good poster Kyle so jump right in!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boards over on cBS used to be live all year round. Stoker and people like cagezilla and 4-5 others kept the discussions going all throughout the dead season.

Sounds like both boards had a good fan base, but quite a different feel to them. On the good-old BS board there were a lot of spirited debates among the seattle fan base, but most of the trolling came from opposing fans and more often than not in threads more related to them anyway. A lot of the deep discussion threads about all things hawks were avoided by the trolls.

They sure did have their share of assholes and idiots. The GB fans cried and cried over that Tate TD all the way up through the end of the board. The Redskin fans were just horrible human beings. The 9'r fans were a mixed bag, but mostly total douche bags.

Still, the format of ESPN is setup to create more trolls and thrive on them. People complained about the trolls on cBS, but I preferred them to what I saw on a regular basis on ESPN.

In any event, I wish more of the regular posters at cBS seahawks board would find their way over here. The mix of both crowds would be interesting.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post WizardHawk! Your dead on about the ESPN board being setup for trolls. In fact I fell a lot of posters there have come to rely on the trolls to keep the action going. Makes for lazy posters who no longer talk football but go back and forth with trolls.

I to hope for more CBS Seahawks posters! As you said it would make for a interesting mix. At the same time I'd like to see the ESPN posters who have joined up actually do more posting.

This board is new and all posters have a chance to shape it into something they would enjoy. However you got to put in the effort.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help if a seahawk fan took ownership of this board and helped put up a custom banner header like so many of the other boards.

As for how much action there is/isn't here now, it will come as the summer draws to a close and the season approaches.

I don't know about you, but we get so little consistently good weather that there is no reason to be inside posting when the sky finally opens up. I won't be here nearly as much as June pushes the sun out more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as a custom banner, well I'd love that. Any idea how to do that?

As far as when good weather hits, I'm with you! I'm not going be posting as much, which is why I'd like the slackers to start contributing.

You know we actual have a good number of members, it's just that some are not adding their two cents. If everyone just adds a little we'll make to football season, if not then this board could die for lack of interest.

I'm not going to let that happen!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker was a power poster at cBS and if people engage in compelling discussions he will be around I'm sure. I believe at least one or two others have at least poked their heads in here, but we will see how much they bring over the dead season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be here Harold, but I will say I have never played a lick of competitive football or baseball in my life, so I am well below the curve when it comes to analysis. Mostly what I offer is educated guess/opinion. All I know is from what I have learned watching the game and ESPN message boards. I have loved reading the links here about the Offense and Defense that get into more detail and the names for different schemes, etc. This helps me tremendously.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker was a power poster at cBS and if people engage in compelling discussions he will be around I'm sure. I believe at least one or two others have at least poked their heads in here, but we will see how much they bring over the dead season.

Oh, I've been keeping up with what's happening. I've had some personal issues, but I know what people are talking about.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah from what I've seen you post you know plenty! When ever I see see an article that sheds some light about football and how it works , I plan to put it out there for everyone. A educated fan is a good fan and this board is for fans that love football.

To hell with the Jerry Springer board the ESPN board has become.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I've been keeping up with what's happening. I've had some personal issues, but I know what people are talking about.

I have no doubt you are up to speed on things, but I fear you won't post nearly as often without the sort of very detailed and informed posts from others that sparked all of those pages of thoughts and debates on that board. I admit I didn't join in much in those threads because I just didn't have the depth of information some of you had. I'd toss an opinion here and there and then stand back and watch you guys go full tilt.

If this board is to be as alive as that one it needs more of those types of posters.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hoping to have more good posters on the way. I plan to empty ESPN of all real football fans! Waiting for a new member soon.

SeaFanJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep yep...I finally came over and registered. Time to have another place to go when I'm not in the mood for trolls.

I've been just not going there instead and it's killing me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any event, I wish more of the regular posters at cBS seahawks board would find their way over here. The mix of both crowds would be interesting.

I cringe at the fact that 90% of the people over here refuse to be objective about anything.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcomr SeaFanJ, what took you so long? Dig right in and give your thoughts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cringe at the fact that 90% of the people over here refuse to be objective about anything.

Mmmm football fans not being objective? Noooooo. Really? I'm not sure what exactly your talking about when you say 90%.

Many of these threads are just about the players we have drafted or links to how the defense or offense works.

Sure you got the posts that are ...how should I say it..bais? But 90% come on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Qualify refuse. Have you asked for objectivity and been blown off? What I see is a mix of posts and responses and the only thing that stands out is the fans of other teams that chime in have been FAR more reasonable than anything I ever saw on cBS. Not all fans have objectivity and not all are into it do the depths of the conversations that used to be regular fodder on the cBS hawks board.

I still see a few fairly well informed posters and at least there is activity. Again, I'll trade the depth for the lack of hatred and trolling over there.

Anyone looking for a different angle on this board should make some attempt to test the waters and see if others will buy into what they are selling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Qualify refuse. Have you asked for objectivity and been blown off? What I see is a mix of posts and responses and the only thing that stands out is the fans of other teams that chime in have been FAR more reasonable than anything I ever saw on cBS. Not all fans have objectivity and not all are into it do the depths of the conversations that used to be regular fodder on the cBS hawks board.

I still see a few fairly well informed posters and at least there is activity. Again, I'll trade the depth for the lack of hatred and trolling over there.

Anyone looking for a different angle on this board should make some attempt to test the waters and see if others will buy into what they are selling.

Amen to that. I think a good argument makes for a interesting post or thread. This board is like a new born baby. Got learn how to crawl before you can walk. We all have got to get to know each other.

Lets get this board a rocking!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I PM'd Dredinis and Jive about some things concerning this conflict. I think it has to be understood that the Hawks who came over from ESPN, did so because of some Niner trolls.

I have an idea, and would like to see what you guys think of it. What about having a stickied thread at the top of this board, where outsiders (non-seahawk fans) are allowed to post? Could make it no-holds barred if you want. Just throwing that out there. If they wanted to comment on a new thread, they could just allude to it in the stickied one.

You know I think this idea is a good idea. To get things rolling you need a little back and forth. Nothing like a good debate between real fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some quality posts on several of the Seahawk threads from SF fans of this board. The structure of this board is such that the most recent and popular threads are up on the main board and the most recent in any sub category is listed on the main NFL list and this promotes people checking out threads from all over the board.

When I first came here I made a thread in the UW board basically challenging the nothing but troll threads on that board and one of the mods came in and cleaned up and moved some of it. There is an established history of the mods here not putting up with trolling on team boards.

Having said that, I've been impressed that so far I haven't seen any real trolling from opposing fans on this board. They come and disagree and post their views, but I don't see the hate and vitriol of the other boards.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a stickied thread for non Seahawks fans is a great idea!

What does everyone else think? Seeing ESPN posters come over only to wander back to ESPN has me thinking why?

Will everybody loves a good argument. Some good back and forth with real fans (not trolls or village idiots) would provide for a good back and forth. I think that is what is missing here.

Talking football is fine and all but you need some passion that arguing with others provide. Having everything being love and respect for all things Seahawks doesn't make for a interesting board.

Can we make this happen?

:fencing::fencing: