• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome CBS/ESPN refugees, and all Seahawks Fans!

Tru2976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am an ESPN refugee...need somewhere to talk Hawks, especially on Gamedays!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Tru2976.

Looks like a lot of the gang is here. Who are we missing?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I haven't seen Phat post anywhere for quite a while. Hope he finds his way here.

ThroatYogurt4You

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up peeps. I used to be Moobtoob over on ESPN, posting there since 2004 but haven't been around much since I discovered Reddit and ESPN was taken over by trolls. GOod to be somewhere else.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome ThroatYogurt$You !

Take a look around SportsHoopla. I think you'll like it. No need to worry about trolls taking over here, good posters rule this site.
Good to see more posters checking in. More to come I'm sure. Any way make yourself at home.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is when he can find the time. He has been busy lately.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys-

Making the transition while the ESPN boards close up. Many of you already know who I am.

Looking forward to some non-troll infested conversations for a change. Maybe I can actually start talking more football instead of being busy squashing 9er trolls!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Jakedog! Good to see. You here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Phat over on ESPN. Told him to drop in for a visit. Sure hope he does.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, just made the jump. I'm using the same handle that I made back in 2001. However, a lot of the asinine B.S. there kind of kept me off of the ESPN forums. Then, during football season, I was blocked out. Don't know why and quite frankly, I really didn't care anymore.

That being said, last season freak'n ROCKED! Looking forward to this season and a friend of mine is taking me to the September 15th game! May God have mercy on my liver!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Tech God and what took you so long ? This is a board where good posters rule and trolls get the heave ho. Take a look around the site, I think you'll like what you see.

You know anybody on this board?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over to ESPN to see the response to the Wright pick up and I found the following:

*I couldn't even view the comments at all using Internet Explorer. It probably has something to do with my computer and the version used but I can't imagine that I was the only one have this issue. I had to use Google Chrome to view the comments.

*I could only view 5 comments (and their "sub-comments if there are any") at a time!

*Trolling is definately at an all-time low. Heck, I don't troll other teams (I would say boards but there are none there anymore) but I don't want any comments at all linked to my personal FB account. Just a few mentioned Harbaugh being a hypocrite but nothing really beyond that.

*Main article had about 190 comments and Sando's blog on it had 17 (3 of which were responses from Sando who is probably panicking about now). Both of those numbers are way down from what they would have been previously.

*I did see one actual troll account (fake name on FB account with an evil clown face but the guy was actually being civil!).

ESPN really shot themselves in the foot trying to stay "modern". Between the format change 2 years ago and this I imagine that their post traffic is currently down about 75-80% from peak.

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Refugee

Found this board via the ESPN Forums, which I lurked at for years. Was surprised to see they were closed and was worried there would be no place for me to go to keep up with the Hawk talk. Been a fan since the Navy transferred my Dad up here back in '79. Been thru the bad and the good, and took a lot heat for being a fan when I lived in DC for 12 years.

My plan is to do more than lurk here, like I did over at ESPN, but for now just looking around and getting a lay of the land.

Loved the game last night was was impressed with a lot of the young guys they were trying out, especially that Williams kid and Christian Michael.

Really looking forward to a great season this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Seahawksgal. Feel free to post and add to any discussions on this forum. You will find the team pages are a safe place to talk football. Trolling and taunting aren't allowed here like it is on other boards on this forum. Feel free to ask any questions. Harold is our board mod and will help you any way he can.

Go Hawks!

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Seahawksgal. Feel free to post and add to any discussions on this forum. You will find the team pages are a safe place to talk football. Trolling and taunting aren't allowed here like it is on other boards on this forum. Feel free to ask any questions. Harold is our board mod and will help you any way he can.

Go Hawks!

Thanks for the welcome WizardHawk. The trolls were the main reason I never posted over on ESPN. I love football, especially the Hawks, and while I have some knowledge of the game, it's nothing compared to what a lot of you have.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Seahawksgal ,
Good to see new members still rolling in. A lot of those that use to post on ESPN Seahawks board are posting here, minus the trolls, so hopefully you feel right at home.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been floating around here and there on the baseball pages here ever since ESPN started changing, but hey, good to be here!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been floating around here and there on the baseball pages here ever since ESPN started changing, but hey, good to be here!

Welcome AceKeptic! Good to see you. Getting to be like a big reunion here.

Seahawksgal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Seahawksgal ,
Good to see new members still rolling in. A lot of those that use to post on ESPN Seahawks board are posting here, minus the trolls, so hopefully you feel right at home.

Thanks Harold. As I read a lot of the post, I recognize a lot of names from the Hawks board at ESPN which is nice.:nod: