• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Bears at Raiders (in London)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sleep on the Raiders. They're not all that great but they beat the Broncos in week 1 (looking pretty solid doing it) and just beat the Colts in Indy while scoring 31 points. Not that we can't or shouldn't win the game but they're not going to be total pushovers, especially with the neutral field overseas.

This just has too many markers of a letdown game. Defense playing lights out, big talent differential, bye next week, coming off a big division win, not having to deal with a hostile crowd in a road game. I just don't have a great feeling about it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminded me a lot of the defensive effort @ Miami last season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic performance.

Roquan Smith STILL has personal issues. He was shit today.

Pathetic tackling.

Only guy that came to play today was Allen Robinson. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The score really should have been more like 31-14. We suck hard.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stop the run game, but that killer penalty on Oakland's punt took the wind out of our sails. You could sense that it would be a game changer and that's exactly what it was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't stop the run game, but that killer penalty on Oakland's punt took the wind out of our sails. You could sense that it would be a game changer and that's exactly what it was.

Ya, that stupid fucker should be checked for a concussion. What a dumb-fucking play. Game likely would've been all-but-over if he just lets him punt the goddamned thing. Selfish play.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F*cking f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck

What a pile of f*ck

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that stupid fucker should be checked for a concussion. What a dumb-fucking play. Game likely would've been all-but-over if he just lets him punt the goddamned thing. Selfish play.

At this point, how many punts are actually getting rushed and/or blocked because of pressure in the NFL? With all the advanced metrics and what not, I find it nearly impossible to believe that it makes any sense to be aggressive in that situation.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, how many punts are actually getting rushed and/or blocked because of pressure in the NFL? With all the advanced metrics and what not, I find it nearly impossible to believe that it makes any sense to be aggressive in that situation.

It makes absolutely zero sense. Possession, with good-to-potentially great field position, with a 4-point lead and dwindling time in the 4th, would've all-but-guaranteed a win there.

Totally moronic.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck yourself with a cactus.
is

Cost me a chance for $600 in survivor if it makes you feel better.

But HAAHHAHAAHHHA lost to the Raiders...while the Pack have a 14point lead

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF is crap for offensive linemen grading.

I don't know. How else do you grade O-lineman?

Your personal eye test? I would rather go with the eye test and film grade of former scouts, GM's, coaches, etc.

You know what I mean?

PFF has brought in O-line coaches who have been dissenters of the system and they leave the place stunned at how they agree with 99% of the graded plays.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes absolutely zero sense. Possession, with good-to-potentially great field position, with a 4-point lead and dwindling time in the 4th, would've all-but-guaranteed a win there.

Totally moronic.

After we got that stop and were about to get the ball back with 5:30 remaining. Oakland having 1 time out. I felt really good about where we were. When I saw Pierre-Louis run into the punter, a pit in my stomach formed that still hasn't left. It felt like all of the momentum we had just got sucked out of us in that instant.

BTW... If you didn't have a feeling that direct snap fake punt was coming. I don't know what to tell you. I knew fucking damn well that Gruden was going to do that. I don't think we were fooled either. It looked like we reacted and read the play accordingly. We just got beat to the spot.

Another point being missed in this game is Holtz dropping that pass which would have extended our previous drive into FG range, picked up the first down (seemingly... he still needed to turn and put his shoulder down) and ran more clock.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we got that stop and were about to get the ball back with 5:30 remaining. Oakland having 1 time out. I felt really good about where we were. When I saw Pierre-Louis run into the punter, a pit in my stomach formed that still hasn't left. It felt like all of the momentum we had just got sucked out of us in that instant.

BTW... If you didn't have a feeling that direct snap fake punt was coming. I don't know what to tell you. I knew fucking damn well that Gruden was going to do that. I don't think we were fooled either. It looked like we reacted and read the play accordingly. We just got beat to the spot.

Another point being missed in this game is Holtz dropping that pass which would have extended our previous drive into FG range, picked up the first down (seemingly... he still needed to turn and put his shoulder down) and ran more clock.

Never even heard of the guy before today??

I mean, I don't mean to nitpick, maybe he's still recovering en sech, but holy fuck, what in the fuck is wrong with Burton??

I still think he bitched out on us last year against Philly.

And I've said this already, but we would have been better with Kwiatkowski today. Smith looked lost out there today, and Trevathan was a ghost.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is

Cost me a chance for $600 in survivor if it makes you feel better.

But HAAHHAHAAHHHA lost to the Raiders...while the Pack have a 14point lead
Hahahahahahaha! You’re out money, you pathetic piece of shit. Should’ve picked the eagles, moron.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game again, I would just like to state that Jon Gruden is a cheating fuck, and the Raiders o-line dominated by playing dirty af. I saw more illegal chop blocks in that game, than I have in an entire season by all fucking teams. Richie Incognito should be in a fucking mental ward.

Dirtiest o-line play I've seen in years. The refs really shit the bed in that game, as it was being done on almost every play. Not cut blocks...chop blocks.

Watch the game again, and you will see our d-line more concerned with protecting themselves than they were playing football.

Fuck the Raiders. I hope karma slaps them in the dick.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game again, I would just like to state that Jon Gruden is a cheating fuck, and the Raiders o-line dominated by playing dirty af. I saw more illegal chop blocks in that game, than I have in an entire season by all fucking teams. Richie Incognito should be in a fucking mental ward.

Dirtiest o-line play I've seen in years. The refs really shit the bed in that game, as it was being done on almost every play. Not cut blocks...chop blocks.

Watch the game again, and you will see our d-line more concerned with protecting themselves than they were playing football.

Fuck the Raiders. I hope karma slaps them in the dick.

Oh shut up

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shut up
giphy.gif

Sure thing Checkdown Charlie.