• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5: Bears at Raiders (in London)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we played in London vs Tampa in 2011. It's weird watching a night game during the day. It kind of messes with ya. lol. It's better than the 9:30 AM London games the league has scheduled before, I do suppose.

Who knows what's up with Roquan? There's whispers of Trubisky being healthy enough to backup Daniel this week. It also looks like he should be able to return after the bye. I guess we'll see how the staff elects to play it.

Will we give Hicks an extended rest and make sure he's good coming out of the bye week? It's not a terrible idea. RRH and Nick Williams looked fantastic.

Hopefully the team doesn't get distracted with some of the peripheral QB/Roquan noise and the long trip. Not to mention, some could call this a let down spot. However, I think our D is too good to allow that.

Daniel and the offense do enough. Run game fairs a little bit better. Oakland hangs in there, but the Bears pull away and get the win without too much of a sweat in the 4th quarter.

Bears 20
Raiders 10

Lord help us if Chase Daniel decides to have himself a day and make this "QB controversy" a big thing.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is gonna rest anyone that is banged up imo-especially after our next men up played so well vs. the Vikings and considering the bye and our schedule becomes crazy hard going forward from this game. If we lose this game, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off...so let's not do that. I don't care by how much, honestly, just bring home the dub.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sleep on the Raiders. They're not all that great but they beat the Broncos in week 1 (looking pretty solid doing it) and just beat the Colts in Indy while scoring 31 points. Not that we can't or shouldn't win the game but they're not going to be total pushovers, especially with the neutral field overseas.

This just has too many markers of a letdown game. Defense playing lights out, big talent differential, bye next week, coming off a big division win, not having to deal with a hostile crowd in a road game. I just don't have a great feeling about it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sleep on the Raiders. They're not all that great but they beat the Broncos in week 1 (looking pretty solid doing it) and just beat the Colts in Indy while scoring 31 points. Not that we can't or shouldn't win the game but they're not going to be total pushovers, especially with the neutral field overseas.

This just has too many markers of a letdown game. Defense playing lights out, big talent differential, bye next week, coming off a big division win, not having to deal with a hostile crowd in a road game. I just don't have a great feeling about it.

The sucker bet game...for sure...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I do tend to agree that there's some thing that scream "trap" about it.

Oakland isn't that bad.

Decent young RB. Great (and I mean great) looking young TE. D is slightly better than it gets credit for.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this one is a trap game. We're going to win big and Daniel's gonna throw for over 300. Mack is going to either (A) go crazy or (B) be so covered up by the Oakland protection that everyone else does.

Because of course that happens. The aftermath from fans (and posters) is going to be insane. And Biscuit will come back vs. the better teams and struggle...and thus it goes...You can kind of see it coming. Never anything simple as a Bears fan.

I should kick a Patriots fan in the nuts today. They've had it way too easy for 2 goddamn decades. We show potential...and it's Rex f*cking Grossman/Kyle Orton...or Smokin Jay/Josh McCown...or Trubisky/Chase Daniel. FML.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's a bit disturbing is that the Raiders have been in London all this week, practicing and getting acclimated to the change in time zones, practice field conditions, etc. I don't think the Bears arrived until today, maybe yesterday - not sure. But the Raiders claimed they learned from their previous trip to London, claiming that waiting too long to go there hurt them in the subsequent game they lost.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that's a bit disturbing is that the Raiders have been in London all this week, practicing and getting acclimated to the change in time zones, practice field conditions, etc. I don't think the Bears arrived until today, maybe yesterday - not sure. But the Raiders claimed they learned from their previous trip to London, claiming that waiting too long to go there hurt them in the subsequent game they lost.
The nice thing is that the game is at noon on the players' body clocks at least. If it was one of those weirdo 9 AM games then that would suck.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh...They played the Seahawks and Patriots in 2018 and 2017, respectively (The Patriots game in Mexico City)...and got annihilated both times. I would have expected the same result in Oakland.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing is that the game is at noon on the players' body clocks at least. If it was one of those weirdo 9 AM games then that would suck.

I'm actually sad about that because the early game was always televised and now I have to go out to the sports bar during the 1PM craziness rather than enjoy the game from the comfort of my own home.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually sad about that because the early game was always televised and now I have to go out to the sports bar during the 1PM craziness rather than enjoy the game from the comfort of my own home.
Not sure where you live, but out here in Vegas, the game will be televised locally on Fox.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you live, but out here in Vegas, the game will be televised locally on Fox.

Minny and the Giants down here in Florida...

I'm in Dolphins country, so just looking at he schedule I guess it won't be so bad at the local sports bar as the Dolphins are on bye. Granted, most of them might have thrown in the towel by now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny and the Giants down here in Florida...

I'm in Dolphins country, so just looking at he schedule I guess it won't be so bad at the local sports bar as the Dolphins are on bye. Granted, most of them might have thrown in the towel by now.
The way the Dolphins are playing, it wouldn't surprise me if those fans show up with bags over their heads.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is going to either (A) go crazy or (B) be so covered up by the Oakland protection that everyone else does.
:agree:
I envision Mack creating at least 2 defensive TD.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should win. Secondary blots out the Raiders receivers and the Raiders O goes to mostly harmless real fast.

Not counting on anything, but this is very winnable.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should win. Secondary blots out the Raiders receivers and the Raiders O goes to mostly harmless real fast.

Not counting on anything, but this is very winnable.

It looks like they could potentially be without a couple of O-lineman and Tyrell Williams as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good start...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Gruden just has a great game plan. Our pass rush is non-existent and our front is getting no push against the run.