• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Broncos vs Seahawks ***MUST STICK IT TO THE MANNING (AGAIN)***

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call, MKHawk... I didn't think we'd get this one... Very exciting to see RW play like he did on that last drive... He WILLED us to victory with his 3rd down conversions w/ his legs...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call, MKHawk... I didn't think we'd get this one... Very exciting to see RW play like he did on that last drive... He WILLED us to victory with his 3rd down conversions w/ his legs...

That's the thing about Wilson... He has the legs to make play's but he's SO smart picking his spots to run and he only run's if it's totally necessary.... If the games on the line he will use his legs more if that's what the defense gives him.... SUCH a clutch drive, but this is nothing we haven't seen before... Wilson is the real deal...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this game will be enough to convince any of the TV networks with the ability to flex games to prime-time to give the Hawks another prime-time home game. Remember the reasoning we got for why there weren't more prime-time home games was that the Seahawks blow too many teams out at home on prime-time, leading people to turn the channel too early for the networks' liking.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds like a bit overreaction, but I think we passed too much. Yes, our passing game did really well yesterday but I really want this team more focused on the run. Credit where it's due, the passing game in the OT drive really worked well to setup lynch's 5 yard TD run to seal it. But I still think we passed too much. The only way to for sure gain yards without a large risk of fumbles is by running the ball. And our passing game almost cost us the game.

But I'm happy that we won and that's all that matters. Looking forward to Week 5 @WAS.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this sounds like a bit overreaction, but I think we passed too much. Yes, our passing game did really well yesterday but I really want this team more focused on the run. Credit where it's due, the passing game in the OT drive really worked well to setup lynch's 5 yard TD run to seal it. But I still think we passed too much. The only way to for sure gain yards without a large risk of fumbles is by running the ball. And our passing game almost cost us the game.

But I'm happy that we won and that's all that matters. Looking forward to Week 5 @WAS.

I think there are some situations where we should run more depending on what the game dictates.... Sometimes Bevell does tend to take chances when it's not really necessary... He's done that in the past where it's 1st and goal from the 1 and we pass 3 times... Yeah it's good to mix it up we all know that but, sometimes Bevell does tend to throw in situations where we can just kill the clock and win the game... But hey it's hard to complain with the results we've had the last couple years... I just think we can make it easier on ourselves in certain game situations...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, I don't agree at all. We ran the ball 37 times, passed 38. It was the same balance we always preach about. The run didn't work most of the second half, there was one stretch where we ran the ball 10 times for less than 10 yards. The game is going to ebb and flow, but in the end, Lynch ran the ball 26 times.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I don't agree at all. We ran the ball 37 times, passed 38. It was the same balance we always preach about. The run didn't work most of the second half, there was one stretch where we ran the ball 10 times for less than 10 yards. The game is going to ebb and flow, but in the end, Lynch ran the ball 26 times.

So, just to clarify:

in the 3rd and 4th quarter (not including Russell Wilson's kneel to end the 4th), the Seahawks had 12 carries for 14 yards and 8 of those were on 1 run. Denver stacked against the run and forced Seattle to throw to get yardage, and it worked for them for a time (40 yards running and 35 yards passing on OT drive).

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just to clarify:

in the 3rd and 4th quarter (not including Russell Wilson's kneel to end the 4th), the Seahawks had 12 carries for 14 yards and 8 of those were on 1 run. Denver stacked against the run and forced Seattle to throw to get yardage, and it worked for them for a time (40 yards running and 35 yards passing on OT drive).

There was also that drive after the Ball fumble in the first quarter where Kearse threw to Wilson to get first-and-goal at the 6 before the Seahawks ran it 3 times and came up short of the touchdown. I had no problems with running it on first and second down there. They needed six yards and there was no reason to think Lynch couldn't get that on two runs. When he was only able to get 5, I would have been okay with a pass play on third down there. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't, but in that situation I think Denver was looking for the run, so it couldn't have hurt to throw it once.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are up two scores with 9 minutes to go pull out holmgrens old playbook and run 3 times and punt . not necessary or reasonable to throw in that situation.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are up two scores with 9 minutes to go pull out holmgrens old playbook and run 3 times and punt . not necessary or reasonable to throw in that situation.

1) with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, the Seahawks were up 5, not 14 (Since Denver scored their first TD with 9:20 left in the game).

2) A holding call on the first play of the 9:00 drive, put the Seahawks behind the eight ball early in that drive, forcing the next few pass calls. Then a 0 gain did basically the same thing. There was too much time on the clock to precipitate calling just running plays and getting a 3 and out.

3) The Seahawks last drive was nothing but 4 runs, and with their time outs, Denver was able to keep nearly 1:00 on the clock for Manning to score with.

4) When you are averaging 1 yard a carry for the entire half, it is reasonable to think that 1:30 off the clock with 9:00 left and a 5 point game isn't going to get it done. Denver was selling out against the run, so Seattle took what they were given.

I think the balance that Seattle showed was actually pretty good. The play calling fit the situation, and I have no problems with it. Only Seahawks fans could be upset with the team for running nearly 40 times for not running the ball enough (oh, yeah 40 times at a 3.4 ypc).

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Seattle's decision to send out only T-Jak for the coin flip?
I'm thinking our super QB was using that time to help organize the offense. (in case we win the toss).

Another great RW decision.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I expect a little more from Manning than that. That sounds like something one of those Denver Post tools would say.

There's really no excuse on a 13 play drive. Get off the field and you get a shot.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I expect a little more from Manning than that. That sounds like something one of those Denver Post tools would say.

There's really no excuse on a 13 play drive. Get off the field and you get a shot.

Probably a little frustration after the game... He's usually a really good sport ... I think he really wanted that game and emotionally had a moment... The OT rules were worse before

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what his defense thinks of that comment. Basically he is saying he wasn't going to get a shot at winning the game because he didn't believe his defense could stop us.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole ot thing is getting blown out of proportion. The guy was asked what was it like not even getting a chance in overtime and his response basically that it kind of sucked.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole ot thing is getting blown out of proportion. The guy was asked what was it like not even getting a chance in overtime and his response basically that it kind of sucked.

Yes, I retract my previous post. He basically said he would have rather settled it in regulation as I think anyone would have.

The league rules already favor the offense so I believe the "premium on the flip," line has to do with the idea that any defense, not just Denver's, is put at a disadvantage in any form of sudden death OT. The rules now are certainly better than before, but a defense basically cannot allow a pass behind them because a TD wins, so they have to play a bit deeper, and cannot take as many chances with blitzing, etc. If the Hawks lose that toss, the Hawks might lose the game as well, since both offenses proved during the game they could move down the field and score. Add in the OT factor of having to play more conservative with the DBs and you likely get a similar scenario with Denver scoring a TD to win.

I guess people can call that whining, but as Peyton said, "that's the way it is."