• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3: Broncos vs Seahawks ***MUST STICK IT TO THE MANNING (AGAIN)***

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. ESPN just had their round table for this game with bruschi, schlereth (what ever it's spelled) and two others. All of them said Seattle is going curb stomp the donkeys again this Sun. That whatever D the donkeys added this offseason, it still wasn't remotely enough to change the outcome.

Sounds good.

That worry's me even more.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one thing that worries me.

IF Denver watched the tape of us and SD and they saw Allen vs Sherman.

What if they put Welker on Sherman?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one thing that worries me.

IF Denver watched the tape of us and SD and they saw Allen vs Sherman.

What if they put Welker on Sherman?

Then Welker will get around 5 catches for 50 yards and be a non-factor in the game. Probably fewer than that because he doesn't the after the catch acceleration or Royal or Allen.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Welker will get around 5 catches for 50 yards and be a non-factor in the game. Probably fewer than that because he doesn't the after the catch acceleration or Royal or Allen.

5 catches for 50 yards!!! That means Welker will expose Sherman!!!! :gaah:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worry's me even more.

Not really. This wasn't like that tool Stephen Ahole Smith making stupid book it claims like Seattle couldn't keep Denver below 21 points.

They all just made it clear. Denver's improvements in the offseason isn't enough to get the job done against us.

I don't see a blowout like the SB, but this Seattle team + Clink = Seattle wins well.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle had about a 50% chance to win the Super Bowl but for some reason I'm feeling a lot worse about this home game. A banged up secondary with them getting Welker has me worried. Key for them is probably going to be Montee Ball. For Seattle it's going to be Maxwell, Denver really went after him in the preseason game.

Denver isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. I'm really confident in this game actually. Manning isn't going to duck or dive like Rivers to avoid the rush, and I dont think he has the arm any more to challenge these guys down field.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver isn't exactly lighting the world on fire either. I'm really confident in this game actually. Manning isn't going to duck or dive like Rivers to avoid the rush, and I dont think he has the arm any more to challenge these guys down field.

They really haven't been, but neither were the Chargers in the week 1. Seattle is going to get everyone's best and if they end up getting classic regular season Peyton Manning it's going to be hard to stop. Denver has been a first half team all season, so if the score is close at the half I'll be feeling pretty good.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. ESPN just had their round table for this game with bruschi, schlereth (what ever it's spelled) and two others. All of them said Seattle is going curb stomp the donkeys again this Sun. That whatever D the donkeys added this offseason, it still wasn't remotely enough to change the outcome.

Sounds good.

Well there's the kiss of death.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what people say... That's why the games are played... Don't meet me there beat me there... I do not expect a blowout either way... Should be a good game...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's the kiss of death.

Seahawks. Home game vs Statue of Omaha. Best D in the game. 12th.

Nuff said.

Unleash the dogs of war time. Kill. Destroy. Crush enemies.

LOB!!!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your confidence, but I've seen Seattle lose dozens of games at home over the decades.

I think we win, but I am not only about 55% sure on that one. It will be 3 confidence points on my pick'em this week.
You betcha! Being a ST holder since 1987, I have been to games when we lose more than we win during the regular season at home.
I have the unique displeasure of attending the Seahawks vs LA Rams at the kingdome in 1979 which was and still remains the worst game played in the history of the franchise.
With that in mind, take a glance at our home record since RW has been our QB and you might better understand my confidence.:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Simms is calling the game and the Broncos are 10-0 in the last 10 games he has called so take that for what it is worth...Haha

I honestly have no idea what to expect from this game. Obviously in Denver emotions are pretty high for this one. I think many in Denver actually do expect a loss in this one (I'm torn as my head says loss but my heart says win) but the big thing most are hoping is the Broncos just show they can compete with Seattle. Another blow out against them and you might hear the cries of Denver clear up in Seattle. Anyway just excited for 2 of the best teams in the league to enter into a knock down drag out fight tomorrow.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home primetime games are a chore to attend. It is so much more fun to attend the games when they are on Sundays.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Simms is calling the game and the Broncos are 10-0 in the last 10 games he has called so take that for what it is worth...Haha

I honestly have no idea what to expect from this game. Obviously in Denver emotions are pretty high for this one. I think many in Denver actually do expect a loss in this one (I'm torn as my head says loss but my heart says win) but the big thing most are hoping is the Broncos just show they can compete with Seattle. Another blow out against them and you might hear the cries of Denver clear up in Seattle. Anyway just excited for 2 of the best teams in the league to enter into a knock down drag out fight tomorrow.

I can predict one thing with absolute certainty.... Lynch will get more than 6 carries.... :] Other than that I expect a dog fight also... I don't think it will be a blowout either way...

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a petition on change.org to have Simms removed from this telecast and Seahawks fans weren't the ones to put it up. I think it had something like 40,000 signatures as recently as a couple days ago. It doesn't sound like Broncos fans like Simms very much.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a petition on change.org to have Simms removed from this telecast and Seahawks fans weren't the ones to put it up. I think it had something like 40,000 signatures as recently as a couple days ago. It doesn't sound like Broncos fans like Simms very much.

I know all about the petition. Bronco fans don't like him announcing games and with good reason. He usually doesn't have much good to say about the Broncos. Some question whether some of his hatred for the Broncos begins to shine through. I mean during his time Elway outshone him most of the time. Then we have his son was picked up by the Broncos to only have him suffer an injury in a game that was actually pretty darn serious and he doesn't think the Broncos organization did the best in helping his son through that. Throw in then when Manning was going through the will he stay in Indy or not thing Simms made some not so nice comments about Manning to then text Manning and try to apologize and Manning come back with a comment like "I don't even watch or care about your show and I know plenty of others who don't either." So there is a lot to not like for him in Denver.

Beyond that he just is a very boring and at times I feel uneducated about the teams he is announcing about. The guys know who they are announcing before Sunday so you would think he studies up (and I'm sure he does some) but he makes comments about players that just make no sense.

I guess the thing for Broncos fans is he is part of the top pair for CBS so they draw the top game which usually is the Broncos. So we get him a lot and to hear him over and over again even when a good play happens say something ridiculous against the Broncos gets old.

The petition thing was over the top. He does what he is paid to do. I'm betting he is told to speak highly of the underdog and lately the Broncos haven't been the underdog much.

The 10-0 thing was just a funny observation about him announcing Broncos games.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all about the petition. Bronco fans don't like him announcing games and with good reason. He usually doesn't have much good to say about the Broncos. Some question whether some of his hatred for the Broncos begins to shine through. I mean during his time Elway outshone him most of the time. Then we have his son was picked up by the Broncos to only have him suffer an injury in a game that was actually pretty darn serious and he doesn't think the Broncos organization did the best in helping his son through that. Throw in then when Manning was going through the will he stay in Indy or not thing Simms made some not so nice comments about Manning to then text Manning and try to apologize and Manning come back with a comment like "I don't even watch or care about your show and I know plenty of others who don't either." So there is a lot to not like for him in Denver.

Beyond that he just is a very boring and at times I feel uneducated about the teams he is announcing about. The guys know who they are announcing before Sunday so you would think he studies up (and I'm sure he does some) but he makes comments about players that just make no sense.

I guess the thing for Broncos fans is he is part of the top pair for CBS so they draw the top game which usually is the Broncos. So we get him a lot and to hear him over and over again even when a good play happens say something ridiculous against the Broncos gets old.

The petition thing was over the top. He does what he is paid to do. I'm betting he is told to speak highly of the underdog and lately the Broncos haven't been the underdog much.

The 10-0 thing was just a funny observation about him announcing Broncos games.

I just thought it was funny that there was a petition. It reminds me of some things that happened back when the Hawks weren't nationally relevant. We'd get FOX's #6 or #7 broadcast crew unless we were playing a team that was nationally relevant, then we'd get one of their top broadcast crews. It was usually a crew made up of brand new broadcasters or a new team-up. We were also FOX's "gimmick test" team. I remember one game we had where the entire broadcast had background music. It was brutal.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be a good one ,one way or another and WELCOME TO SEATTLE AGAIN DONKS lol