• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wk 14: Seahawks @ Texans

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way he gets signed is if it cheap contract.

Only way he gets signed by ANYONE is on a very team flexible contract. I could see him get a contract that has a lot of incentives based on play.

IMO, he's a good RB and every time he's been able to string 2 or 3 games together he's looked good. It's just be very rare for that to happen.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way he gets signed by ANYONE is on a very team flexible contract. I could see him get a contract that has a lot of incentives based on play.

IMO, he's a good RB and every time he's been able to string 2 or 3 games together he's looked good. It's just be very rare for that to happen.
Eh. He is hit and miss even in the rare healthy moments. For a guy of his build he seems a little contact adverse at times, and is easily brought down, even in 1 on 1 situations, which our recent backs, such as Lynch, Rawls, and Carson would seek out contact and hit the D hard.

I hope he goes crazy these next 4 games but I have my doubts. However the Rams have been strangely weak against the run in the Donald era so there is some hope he can be productive.........if he doesn't get injured.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep it was never a issue with his talent it's always been his durability, or lack there of. No one wants to pay someone that only plays 50% of the time in the best of worlds because they are ALWAYS injured. I also feel Penny will be "limited" this week in practice I bet. lol

Carroll: "Uh, Rashaad is uncertain for this weeks game against the Rams. He's dealing with a shoulder issue so limited a bit in practice."
Derp Reporter: "So do you think he'll play?"
Carroll: "It'll be a game time decision." *looks to other reporters*

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. He is hit and miss even in the rare healthy moments. For a guy of his build he seems a little contact adverse at times, and is easily brought down, even in 1 on 1 situations, which our recent backs, such as Lynch, Rawls, and Carson would seek out contact and hit the D hard.

I hope he goes crazy these next 4 games but I have my doubts. However the Rams have been strangely weak against the run in the Donald era so there is some hope he can be productive.........if he doesn't get injured.

Yah. Some guy was arguing with me that we should totally keep Rashaad. I was like, "WHAT!? It's one game and against the worst rush D in the NFL." He countered with: "Well Collins didn't do anything!" And I was like, "Nor did Penny (1 YPC on 7 carries) when we played Jacksonville where Collins averaged 4.4 yards."

*queue crickets*

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams game next week will determine our season... If we can win, our road to winning out looks a lot more promising... If we can beat the Rams and Cards beat Rams tonight, that would give the Rams 2 straight losses and give the Cardinals more of a cushion in our division... This would give the Cards a great shot at sitting players the last week of the season pending on what they do over the next 3 weeks and what TB/GB do as well...

Problem is, we have only won 1 game over the last 5 against the Rams where we were pretty much manhandled in each of those losses (outside of maybe, one)... We're 2-7 in the last 9 and 5 and 11 over the last 16...

With that said, it's going to be a tall order but its a must win or we're done...

Remaining Games:
@ Rams
vs Bears
vs Lions
@ Cards

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams game next week will determine our season... If we can win, our road to winning out looks a lot more promising... If we can beat the Rams and Cards beat Rams tonight, that would give the Rams 2 straight losses and give the Cardinals more of a cushion in our division... This would give the Cards a great shot at sitting players the last week of the season pending on what they do over the next 3 weeks and what TB/GB do as well...

Problem is, we have only won 1 game over the last 5 against the Rams where we were pretty much manhandled in each of those losses (outside of maybe, one)... We're 2-7 in the last 9 and 5 and 11 over the last 16...

With that said, it's going to be a tall order but its a must win or we're done...

Remaining Games:
@ Rams
vs Bears
vs Lions
@ Cards

It's like I always say.

Have faith until they say Seattle is Eliminated.

If we make it. Remember this Fudgeism

"It ain't the best team who wins it all. Sometimes it is the hottest team"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remaining Games:
@ Rams
vs Bears
vs Lions
@ Cards

With TB and Green Bay right there i see no way the Cards rest players in week 18. If they drop a single game they wont be the #1 seed. Now that could change between now and the week 18 games but I don't think it will. Also GB holds tie breaker over the Cards so they are actually only a 1/2 game a head of them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like I always say.

Have faith until they say Seattle is Eliminated.

If we make it. Remember this Fudgeism

"It ain't the best team who wins it all. Sometimes it is the hottest team"

I will always believe there is a chance. Even if Seattle loses another game they actually still have a chance for the post season at 8-9. Had the Hawks won the games they should have won or i should say had no business losing( Titans when up big, WFT, Steelers, Saints ) this wouldn't even be an issue. The loss to the Saints, Washington and Vikings right now really hurt as they are who the Hawks are battling with for that final spot and they all hold the tie breaker over the Hawks.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but we know their both injury prone... move on... There's some young guys on the roster and a lot of RBs are plug and play or can be had in the 3rd-4th rounds. Focus on spending the money on the line instead....
Do you still feel the same way? He's been healthy for 5 straight games now... When's the last time we could say that about Chris Carson? He he finishes the season with 6 straight healthy games, how many other RB's in the league could say the same? If his health issues are past him, we'd be crazy not to resign him...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still feel the same way? He's been healthy for 5 straight games now... When's the last time we could say that about Chris Carson? He he finishes the season with 6 straight healthy games, how many other RB's in the league could say the same? If his health issues are past him, we'd be crazy not to resign him...

Last year?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel the same way. he spent 3.67 years being injured and useless. i would let some other team take the risk and pick up a RB in the draft.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny probably won't go for it but the FO should go with a 1yr prove it deal with incentives. If another team goes over the top cause of his last 5/6 games than so be it and move on.