• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2: Bears (1-0) at Houston Texans (1-0)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we have any options at oline. We have the worst center in football and a RG that we started AGAIN tonight even though everyone could see he quit on the field last week. If there were options, I would have to believe we would have done something by now. This is the oline we’re gonna get for the next 15 games. Gonna be painful.

The best part is Jenkins is playing pretty shitty so we probably won’t pay him, meaning we’ll need a new center and 2 new guards. Zero continuity for Calebs second year.
It's a fucking disaster, As good as Poles has been, for a former o-lineman, it is a fucking disaster.

I mean it, and I can't stress it enough...Shelton's play has been all-time bad. I'm not sure I have ever seen anything like it? That is damning af.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could pluck a center and RG off any practice squad in football and they’d at least give a better effort than Shelton and Davis have in two games.

It’s absurd.
That they didn’t get a center in the draft was so stupid. Even if it was a kid that made a lot of mistakes at least he would have a mean streak and try to knock some people on their ass. Watching Shelton and Davis have multiple plays where they touch nobody or fall on their asses is just too much.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one where he missed receivers downfield. You?
Dude, I have battled BWW fir years.

This has nothing to do with that.

If you think Williams is part of the problem, you are missing the truth. Sorry, not sorry. Again, go watch the two games again, and just watch the interior line.....it is historically bad.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they didn’t get a center in the draft was so stupid. Even if it was a kid that made a lot of mistakes at least he would have a mean streak and try to knock some people on their ass. Watching Shelton and Davis have multiple plays where they touch nobody or fall on their asses is just too much.

That they traded for Bates and he couldn’t crack the lineup and then got hurt is criminal.

That they allowed Nate Davis to do nothing all offseason and then do even less in real games is a firable offense.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think Williams is part of the problem, you are missing the truth. Sorry, not sorry. Again, go watch the two games again, and just watch the interior line.....it is historically bad.
I’m not saying, “get rid of him, he sucks!”, after two games. I’m saying he is not playing well. (Despite Chris Collinsworth blowing smoke up our asses).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying, “get rid of him, he sucks!”, after two games. I’m saying he is not playing well. (Despite Chris Collinsworth blowing smoke up our asses).
No quarterback will EVER play well, when the Center is like...."Well, I snapped it successfully....I'm out...later.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie QBs typically don’t play well.

It’s the job of the GM to give them help and the coaching staff to develop them.

The Bears are yet again failing in all aspects.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the times that Collinsworth, "blew smoke", he was actually dead accurate. The kid is a special talent. He is gonna be good. Bank on it.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No quarterback will EVER play well, when the Center is like...."Well, I snapped it successfully....I'm out...later.
Center is terrible. You’ll get no argument on that from me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally. He has done nothing post snap but let rushers go straight past him.
It's actually unbelievable how bad he has been. I mean it, I don't think I've ever seen an o-lineman on his ass or battling air more in two games than this chump. The film is embarrassing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the times that Collinsworth, "blew smoke", he was actually dead accurate. The kid is a special talent. He is gonna be good. Bank on it.
I see a Trevor Lawrence trajectory at best. I’d certainly settle for that. Good but not great. In our history that’s all we’ve ever needed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of his first half throws were special.
After watching Fields these last years, if nothing else, it's "on-time" and accurate.

I can't for the life of me understand the depth chart tho. Ok, Swift is the starter, but Herbert needs more plays, and Homer ahead of Roschon? What in the actual fuck is that? Everett still got two attempts before Kmet's name was even mentioned tonight. Waldron has been a disappointment so far. Feels like the same old scared offense, tho I gotta admit, I'd be scared too with that interior o-line. Fuck Coleman Shelton in his ear. He has been just awful.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree.
Certainly hope you’re right. Just remember that five years from now, “I know I was right! He just had bad coaching!” doesn’t make you correct.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The interior line has been bad.

Caleb Williams has also been "bad"... and that really isn't a debate.

You can give him a pass or go easy on him due to his rookie level of experience. That's fine, I am certainly grading him on a sliding scale. However, he is throwing the ball quite poorly and missing open receivers by large, large margins on pivotal plays. If we're simply to judge a QB by NFL standards. Caleb Williams has been quite poor. His line having issues doesn't just excuse him misfiring on rudimentary passes and/or missing wide open WR's on pivotal 3rd downs.

That does not mean that I don't have high hopes for Caleb. I think he has an extremely bright future.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this loss is worse than just a -1 in the standings. That drive in the 3rd quarter where Caleb got headspun out of bounds, then Houston threw a chin checker AND head butted us, all with no flag was a defining moment of the season. #1, the effing refs should've thrown a flag, or 2. When they didn't, and the bears didn't respond, it will cause problems with this group the rest of 2024. When I say respond, I don't just mean with a brawl, I mean by scoring a touchdown on that drive. You can't let a team of hoodlums like Houston rough you up in an alley fight, not fight back and let them walk with no prosecution. We're finished, I'll watch, but don't feel much for this team. Led by a couple of metro sexuals (Caleb & 'flus) that aren't going to stand up to bullies. Not my style, not he NFL's style. The rest of the league now knows they can bully the bears without consequences and they will.