• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Umpire Incompetence

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More MLB umpire incompetence. how could Heim possibly be called for a violation there? He was completely off to the side and the only part of the plate he was touching/covering was the middle of the plate with his foot.

I can’t say it is the worst call ever, because this the MLB we are talking about. But this certainly makes a highlight reel of bad calls. And it was even made by the replay booth, which really has zero excuse for getting it wrong.

Inexcusable.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More MLB umpire incompetence. how could Heim possibly be called for a violation there? He was completely off to the side and the only part of the plate he was touching/covering was the middle of the plate with his foot.

I can’t say it is the worst call ever, because this the MLB we are talking about. But this certainly makes a highlight reel of bad calls. And it was even made by the replay booth, which really has zero excuse for getting it wrong.

Inexcusable.
"Umps finally got one right! 7-6 Good Guys!" ___Hawk Harrelson

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked safe to me. Regardless of the rule violation.

His hand got plate before the tag.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant See Ken Jeong GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn’t even looking at that. But the runner was specifically called safe due to “Violation”. So that was not the point. Hair did not commit a violation on that play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t even looking at that. But the runner was specifically called safe due to “Violation”. So that was not the point. Hair did not commit a violation on that play.
I don’t really understand why he was standing behind the plate and in foul territory.

If he’d stood at the front of the plate, where he should’ve been, all he had to do was drop the glove.

The ump made a bad call by saying the runner was out in the first place.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the violation, he was definitely out. But again, that’s not the point. If replay came back and called him safe due to a reversal, I could live with it. It was a close play. But they specifically called him safe due to violation.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some umps with punchable faces . Several

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve never seen guys so in the weeds calling balls and strikes as what I’m experiencing now. I can live with a guy having a weird strike zone. What I’m seeing now is wholly inconsistent zones to the point where hitters have no idea what’s a strike and what’s not on any given night.

The technology is available. Computer and laser generated balls and strikes can’t get here soon enough.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its getting beyond ridiciulous and umpires appear to be the only profession in the world where you literally cannot face punishment for not doing the basic functions of your job. Even the damn players get punished.

Umps never suspended. Its ridiculous.

The Twins have their own issues as it is in losing to the shit Royals and striking out 15 times a game. They dont need their oppenents helped by the umps. Last night Brady Singer and his 5.65 ERA was untouchable because hes a sinker slider pitcher that was getting 5-7 inches below the zone on every pitch.

That isnt the case of a ump having a bigger zone and you need to adjust. That is a objectively blatant ball that even Tony Gwynn couldnt hit.

They are ruining the game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its getting beyond ridiciulous and umpires appear to be the only profession in the world where you literally cannot face punishment for not doing the basic functions of your job. Even the damn players get punished.

Umps never suspended. Its ridiculous.

The Twins have their own issues as it is in losing to the shit Royals and striking out 15 times a game. They dont need their oppenents helped by the umps. Last night Brady Singer and his 5.65 ERA was untouchable because hes a sinker slider pitcher that was getting 5-7 inches below the zone on every pitch.

That isnt the case of a ump having a bigger zone and you need to adjust. That is a objectively blatant ball that even Tony Gwynn couldnt hit.

They are ruining the game.
Are they really never punished? I would think the worst ones get fired at least, don't they?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they really never punished? I would think the worst ones get fired at least, don't they?

No they basically have no reprecussions.

And im not even talking termination. Like when they have an objectively bad game where there are repeateded missed calls. Nothing happens. They dont sit a week or anything. Just right back at it, every single time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they basically have no reprecussions.

And im not even talking termination. Like when they have an objectively bad game where there are repeateded missed calls. Nothing happens. They dont sit a week or anything. Just right back at it, every single time.
I don't think this is accurate

Here's a great article on umpiring in the modern era especially with all the new rules

Here's a good thread about it

Obviously they make plenty of mistakes but it's lazy griping to say they all suck always and no one cares

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is accurate

Here's a great article on umpiring in the modern era especially with all the new rules

Here's a good thread about it

Obviously they make plenty of mistakes but it's lazy griping to say they all suck always and no one cares

No it is accurate lol. They are out umpiring the next series every time.

The only time they are ever punished is if its really bad in the playoffs then they are moved off of series. But even then the worst ones with tenure still end up getting priority.

They are not held to the standard that players and coaches are. If an ump in a game today has a blatnatly bad game calling balls and strikes, or out and safe on the bases. He will be at his next spot for tomorrows game then head to his next series after that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is accurate lol. They are out umpiring the next series every time.

The only time they are ever punished is if its really bad in the playoffs then they are moved off of series. But even then the worst ones with tenure still end up getting priority.

They are not held to the standard that players and coaches are. If an ump in a game today has a blatnatly bad game calling balls and strikes, or out and safe on the bases. He will be at his next spot for tomorrows game then head to his next series after that.
Don't read the links, believe what you want, I don't really care

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't read the links, believe what you want, I don't really care

The links??

You posted reddit haha.

Nothing that says "Angel Hernanedez after terrible ump card and 3 crucial missed calls in Texas/Angels series to miss his next two scheduled series"

You literally ASKED us if they get punished. They showed a article stating they have a tough job and a fucking reddit post of someone saying he knows umps ahhaha'

Yeah, youre out of your depth you made that clear when you first entered the discussion.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The links??

You posted reddit haha.

Nothing that says "Angel Hernanedez after terrible ump card and 3 crucial missed calls in Texas/Angels series to miss his next two scheduled series"

You literally ASKED us if they get punished. They showed a article stating they have a tough job and a fucking reddit post of someone saying he knows umps ahhaha'

Yeah, youre out of your depth you made that clear when you first entered the discussion.
Posted two things tough guy. You already know this crap doesn't work on me.