• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penalties

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we had 8 for 70 yards, so yes that it is too many and for a lot of yards. Many will call them undisciplined and stupid. I have rarely been one to bash officials but last night , with exception to the first half offensive PI, i thought we got the short end of the stick. Just some of the ones i remember.

1. False Start on the rookie TE - i thought this was our worst penalty of the night. It made it 3rd and G from the 7 , instead of the 2. Crowd was really into it at that point. No excuses on that one though.

2. 2 holding calls on OLine. First one was against the Rookie . 2nd against Steele maybe ?? The 2nd one - i kind of blame a little on Pollard. He hit the hole and then bounced it way outside. When this happens Olinemenn love to grab.

3. The penalty on Jordan Lewis for illegal contact. I thought it was a terrible call. The WR engaged him it looked like. Very minor.

4. The unsportsmanlike on Wilson - please. That was really bad on the officials and the booth official tried to take up for the officisl that threw the flag , but Joe Buck said it was very minor.

5. The late hit on 54 - this one can be argued. He actually did the same thing earlier in the game. It looked stupid , yes. Then if you watch the replay - Jones was in bounds the step before the hit. Was he headed out- yes. 54 really didnt even hit him that hard. The momentum and it being the QB made it look a lot worse. The official in the booth kind of took our side on this one. Sure it could be called.

6. Face Mask on Joseph. Just reached up when the WR made a move and his hand got caught in the face mask. He immediately let it go , so maybe better technique could have prevented that one.

I think we had one more hands to the face but i dont remember it. I just dont think all these were stupid and undisciplined. Yes they were penalties and they hurt us and 8 is too many, but i dont think we can blame it on the coaches either. Im a huge homer and always will try to back up our players. Maybe you saw these differently than me.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO most of the flags on Dallas were legit, problem is the refs aren't flagging the other team on obvious penalties.
I agree with this statement. Most Cowboys games are like this. The opposition gets favorable calls or non calls and it does not matter where the games are played. In this past game the Giants OL held over and over when Jones scrambled and should have been called for at least one false start that that was ignored. There were at least two blatant PI that should have been called on the Giants as well. The one on Brown in the endzone cost us a TD.. it should have been 1st and goal on the one yard line. There was another 4th down where a Cowboys reciever got mugged and no flag.

Granted I am not ever going to say the refs did a good job.. lol. It been going on ever since the current dbag commish gained power and escalated ten fold in 2017.