• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's why I'm against firing Rivera or anyone else right now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im man enough to apologize when im wrong. My bad @duke1861
Lol....I am the idiot for trolling....all good sir.

I posted on March 25, 2020 with a post title

"And that's all folks"

I said I was leaving because I did not trust the front office and the direction the organization was going.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....I am the idiot for trolling....all good sir.

I posted on March 25, 2020 with a post title

"And that's all folks"

I said I was leaving because I did not trust the front office and the direction the organization was going.
Lol....i went back to that Giants tread because i wanted to see the reaction of the 2pt conversion decision. Ran across your post in that tread. Promise i wasnt stalking you bro. Once again my apologies.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....i went back to that Giants tread because i wanted to see the reaction of the 2pt conversion decision. Ran across your post in that tread. Promise i wasnt stalking you bro. Once again my apologies.
Lol..never even crossed my mind at all.

All good my friend.

No need to apologize.

You should look up the post. I was a tad over dramatic...lol

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading between the lines, minority owners (Rales, Magic) want Rivera gone now. JDR's seat is scorching hot with Chris Harris potentially waiting in the wings.

Screenshot_20231009_112259_Instagram.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid coach....not sure why you would want to fire him at all.
Another bullseye DJ.
For us confused folks who need to be educated, why should Rivera stick around again?

You said he was a good coach in an MLB thread. Can you provide evidence to support that?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Mayhew!!!!!!!!!!

I think a season-saving drive will give Harris pause. Magic has seen enough but Rivera always goes on some type of streak. That is why he stuck around CAR for so long. The front office must be changed IMO...completely. We cannot move forward under the coach centric method.

Call me a homer but I think several GM candidates would love this job. I could be wrong.

I think several coaching candidates would love this job. Again, I could be a homer and be very wrong.

I agree that Rivera was probably the best we could do under Snyder. I think that is true.
Harris now owns the team though and I think we can do much better. Again, I could be wrong on that as well!
New ownership makes this job coveted

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Mayhew!!!!!!!!!!

I think a season-saving drive will give Harris pause. Magic has seen enough but Rivera always goes on some type of streak. That is why he stuck around CAR for so long. The front office must be changed IMO...completely. We cannot move forward under the coach centric method.

Call me a homer but I think several GM candidates would love this job. I could be wrong.

I think several coaching candidates would love this job. Again, I could be a homer and be very wrong.

I agree that Rivera was probably the best we could do under Snyder. I think that is true.
Harris now owns the team though and I think we can do much better. Again, I could be wrong on that as well!
What GM candidates would you like or prefer? Do you think Kyle Smith would be interested in returning especially under new ownership or leadership?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What GM candidates would you like or prefer? Do you think Kyle Smith would be interested in returning especially under new ownership or leadership?
I like Mike borgonzi. He is the Assistant GM in KC.

I would like to pluck an assistant GM from a winning organization. Maybe the ravens, chiefs, bills or 49ers?

Someone who has enjoyed success at every level in a front office and knows what a winning culture is and what a competent front office is.

That is why i want change sooner than later. Rivera had no front office experience when he took the job. Hurney is a joke. That can't happen. We might the worst front office in the league.

Borgonzi had worked his way up the ranks in KC. So has Kyle.
The difference is experience with a winning franchise.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assistant GM Eagles- Alec Halaby

Assistant GM SF- Adam Peters

Assistant GM KC- Mike Borgonzi

Assistant GM BUF- Brian Gaine

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assistant GM Eagles- Alec Halaby

Assistant GM SF- Adam Peters

Assistant GM KC- Mike Borgonzi

Assistant GM BUF- Brian Gaine
This is what Harris should be focusing on. Securing a competent GM to run this team. Then let the new GM do his job, hiring the next HC. That is the order of actions we need. Not firing Ron and replacing him, then hiring a GM. You will greatly limit your GM candidates if you fill the HC position and then make the new GM live with the new HC selection.

patience everyone. We aren’t fixing the Snyder mess in one season. There is an old adage that goes something like this. When making a major change the best decisions are ones that result from running towards a new opportunity, now away from the current situation. Have a plan you are implementing, don’t just react. Firing RR today is a reaction.

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one reason why I don't believe that it's a good time to fire Rivera or any of his staff right now is because it is far too late for that.

Too late??? Sty what the Eff are you talking about???

Well several years ago, I posted an in-depth look at this team and called for his dismissal. (Here's the link)

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season. .Oct 29, 2020

At the time I was met with dismissal, some ridicule, and a fair amount of "way too early" for that at the time. So, okay, we ride with Ron. Subsequently, when I noticed zero changes I reintroduced the dismissal notion. (Here's that link)

The case for firing RR and staff Jan 16, 2023​

Letting Rivera go doesn't change the identity or personality of the team, that's honed over time and reinforced during training camp when you have a head coach who's entering his 4th season in charge.
Now, after yet another embarrassing loss on national television, the faithful are lighting torches and priming pitchforks as calls mount for the immediate dismissal of Ron Rivera et.al. Beyond my opening reason (it being too late) or the rehashed ones in prior postings, there are other things to consider.

Number one among them is that the team has been sold and the Dwayne Haskins standard must take precedence. Remember that? I do, and here’s how that works. When Rivera was hired there were numerous reminders that Haskins wasn’t drafted by or endorsed by the new management team, perhaps he actually sucked or was not managed well but ok, fair enough, so why shouldn’t that same mindset apply to Rivera and company who find themselves in the exact same situation with the Josh Harris ownership team? Dwayne got seven starts, and that should be the metric for Rivera, seven games. However, there’s one caveat to those seven games… he’s 2-3 through the first five so he must lose the next two!!

Hopefully, there’s little doubt that any man and his associates who have paid 6.2 Billion dollars for a NFL team has a determined intent on putting his stamp on the newly acquired product and that he and his team will want every advantage that they can get towards that redo. A top 5 draft pick helps this team more than another middle of the road finish ever could.

I love the fire that EB brings to the team and the changes to the culture that he’s begun on the offensive side of the ball. That said, it would be unfair to him to elevate him to HC against the laissez-faire attitudes of parts of the team, not under his tutelage. If they want to elevate him to HC, do it during the off-season when he’s able to work with a new GM and put his imprint on the entire team during workouts and training camp.

Bringing in a new coach or changing the current one does nothing to enhance the future of this franchise right now. That future begins in earnest in 2024 and there’s nothing that can be done about the current basic make-up of the squad, perhaps a tweak here and there but the main cast of characters won’t change either. Admittedly I wanted Rivera and Co. gone long ago, but as I stated in the opening, now it’s far too late for that.
I agree with you. But, next time, instead of war and peace, just give us the last paragraph, bruh :L