• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera draft picks that matter

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big move to go from LBer to DE, but his speed will help and it tells me that this staff is putting their players in the best places to succeed.
I'm not down on him, I just think that's it's taken two years to see him being better in another position and that's a setback no matter who's making such a move. (Square peg, round hole)
He is also apparently still being counted into the LB rotation, so not only is he trying to learn a new position with a new coaching staff, he’s also trying to keep up to speed on his old one, in a new system.

With that kind of investment, I think he’s playing the year out with us.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, I was not pro RR but I figured it was all Dan could do. He had a couple of good coaches and made a mess of it.

Apparently Chase is still being misused. Maybe he figures it out one day.

Dan with any good QB would not have worked very well. Cousins was his best and he let him walk. Then got a 3rd for Kirk when he could have got a 1st but didn't want to trade with Shanahan.
Every year, there is someone who surprises me in at least one of the four major sports as taking a job that I don’t think they should take.

As much as you can say LOL Jets, or LOL Dan Snyder, or Peter Angelos is so meddling that he would deny a contract based off a medical exam……..there are still only 32 GM jobs in the NFL, and 32 head coaching jobs, and the same goes in the other sports. Someone is bound to take it. I always thought Snyder should be trying to get lightning in a bottle by giving someone young a chance, and not doing a retread. I hated Rivera because I saw the downward trends, figured he would hire a bunch of his buddies and we would tread water or get worse.

Now, we’re in a great position with a new owner who is finally doing this the right way, and building out a front office that is modern and equipped to succeed in the NFL.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was pulling for Tua due to injury worries, thats it. We thought Young was the BPA, and nobody thought Herbert would look so good playing QB but not have done crap with a god.tier offense and defense. Like someone.else said, whoever we picked at the time.was doomed
sorry but you dont pass on qbs when you dont have one . your scouts are professionals , how did they miss on his work ethic ? nowi know i supported chase before that draft but i also brought up the qbs . the truth is RR and his staff blew the scouting

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but you dont pass on qbs when you dont have one . your scouts are professionals , how did they miss on his work ethic ? nowi know i supported chase before that draft but i also brought up the qbs . the truth is RR and his staff blew the scouting

I totally agree. I believe as fans none of us pushed for Tua due to injury scare, and nobody really thought Herbert was good enough to take at 2. I don't remember any strong push for Tua. Please don't remind me how Riveras staff was so terrible. We passed on too many guys

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. I believe as fans none of us pushed for Tua due to injury scare, and nobody really thought Herbert was good enough to take at 2. I don't remember any strong push for Tua. Please don't remind me how Riveras staff was so terrible. We passed on too many guys
I agree that there was an injury scare with Tua. I felt the same about. Jayden Daniels coming into the draft. We'll have to see how it plays out for Daniels but I have high hopes.

My comment when Chase was drafted is even if he was a 16 sack a year guy wasn't a good QB a more important need.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its like he fell off the turnip truck from his panther days.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way the Junkies just played BMitch's comment and he dd not name a player so that is the fans and media naming someone.