• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera draft picks that matter

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase was misused and so was Jamin Davis. I said so at the time with young and just gave up when Davis came along. It's too late to convert Young into a Parsons type of LBer, and we finally have a professional group in here trying to convert Davis into a DE.
rr did,nt have the smarts petibon did.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few of us never wanted Ron Rivera and said so when he was hired. None of this happens, with Chase being the possible exception, if Rivera and his failed band of Panthers north wasn't used as a stop gap to quell the pending uprising in Washington football nation against Snyder. It happened anyway, but unfortunately, a few years later than necessary.
This is true, I was not pro RR but I figured it was all Dan could do. He had a couple of good coaches and made a mess of it.

Apparently Chase is still being misused. Maybe he figures it out one day.

Dan with any good QB would not have worked very well. Cousins was his best and he let him walk. Then got a 3rd for Kirk when he could have got a 1st but didn't want to trade with Shanahan.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase was misused and so was Jamin Davis. I said so at the time with young and just gave up when Davis came along. It's too late to convert Young into a Parsons type of LBer, and we finally have a professional group in here trying to convert Davis into a DE.
Last night on his pod, Keim said they feel good about Jamin. Feels like he's going to make the roster. Things could change, but the staff isn't as down on him as the fans are. We'll see.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night on his pod, Keim said they feel good about Jamin. Feels like he's going to make the roster. Things could change, but the staff isn't as down on him as the fans are. We'll see.
Big move to go from LBer to DE, but his speed will help and it tells me that this staff is putting their players in the best places to succeed.
I'm not down on him, I just think that's it's taken two years to see him being better in another position and that's a setback no matter who's making such a move. (Square peg, round hole)

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big move to go from LBer to DE, but his speed will help and it tells me that this staff is putting their players in the best places to succeed.
I'm not down on him, I just think that's it's taken two years to see him being better in another position and that's a setback no matter who's making such a move. (Square peg, round hole)
looked like a rookie sat.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's flashed enough since he's been here to warrant a roster spot. Doubt he gets extended, but let's see how he does at DE.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's flashed enough since he's been here to warrant a roster spot. Doubt he gets extended, but let's see how he does at DE.
I haven't given him enough time and attention to cal it, so I also defer to you.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in a thread a few days ago that some folks get down on players and never let up.

I have brought up Monte Coleman more than a few times. Monte was a 212 lb safety from Central Arkansas. Petibon saw potential but Coleman needed coaching .... and more size. Each year he gradually improved until maybe 7 or 8 years if not more he became a starting LBer.

Sometimes guys need time and coaching. Certainly we know the coaching the past 4 years at least was subpar.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I know I said something about Tua but was happy about Young. I did not want Herbert and still believe he is overrated. Ultimately, I am glad they chose Young because Tua and Herbert would never lead us to a SB but would have prevented us from getting JD, who I believe can lead us to a SB.
Fair enough and to an extent. Part of me feels like had we drafted Tua or Herbert back then. Something fucked up would've befallen them.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned in a thread a few days ago that some folks get down on players and never let up.

I have brought up Monte Coleman more than a few times. Monte was a 212 lb safety from Central Arkansas. Petibon saw potential but Coleman needed coaching .... and more size. Each year he gradually improved until maybe 7 or 8 years if not more he became a starting LBer.

Sometimes guys need time and coaching. Certainly we know the coaching the past 4 years at least was subpar.
he played 2nd most games in skins history.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was pulling for Tua due to injury worries, thats it. We thought Young was the BPA, and nobody thought Herbert would look so good playing QB but not have done crap with a god.tier offense and defense. Like someone.else said, whoever we picked at the time.was doomed

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody was pulling for Tua due to injury worries, thats it. We thought Young was the BPA, and nobody thought Herbert would look so good playing QB but not have done crap with a god.tier offense and defense. Like someone.else said, whoever we picked at the time.was doomed
I kinda wanted Tua, but I knew with Haskins on the roster, Rivera was going to be forced to try and make that work. I never wanted Haskins and was all in on Chase. The only person who was kinda buyer beware on Chase that I can remember was Sportster.