• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The case for firing RR and staff

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is called dreaming. :D As kbso said ... who knows what is possible with a new owner. I have wanted Kyle as HC since when he was here. Sean is waffling a bit too much for me at the moment.
I don't see Shanny going anywhere. Him n Lynch have formed formed an impressive pair n if Purdy is what he seems to be over these last few games. Kyle might be looking at multiple trips to the SB in the next few years.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Shanny going anywhere. Him n Lynch have formed formed an impressive pair n if Purdy is what he seems to be over these last few games. Kyle might be looking at multiple trips to the SB in the next few years.
I don't see him going anywhere either breed ... like I said, I was dreaming. Would also love to see him come here and win, it would be a nice kick in the teeth for Dan. Don't expect it though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him going anywhere either breed ... like I said, I was dreaming. Would also love to see him come here and win, it would be a nice kick in the teeth for Dan. Don't expect it though.
I do think if McVay left he'd be in play for us assuming Dan is gone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think if McVay left he'd be in play for us assuming Dan is gone.
he would cost us some draft picks in the 1st round . he is under contract

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle never should have been allowed to leave here. I thought the plan would have and should have been Kyle replaces Mike here when Mike was ready to go. Imagine the long term stability this franchise would have enjoyed. I should have known better. We don’t deserve that kind of a franchise.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely deserve that kind of franchise. We deserve that kind of franchsie as much as any franchise in any sport.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams have similar success against winning teams. That is why most teams are .500 and below. It is a ridiculous statistic..

Its ridiculous that shitty teams have a shitty record against teams that aren't shitty?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen and ladies if there still is a lady or two on board, Ron Rivera is a coward, NO, not in the classical sense but because he has gone to great lengths to hide an obvious weakness as a coach. Some years ago I posted a similar threat to this one about firing Ron Rivera…

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season. .Oct 29, 2020

Outlining reasons for firing Rivera then and was summarily told that it was too soon for all of that. I’ll admit that at the time his handling of Dwayne Haskins had me wondering about this form of cowardice but I failed to put a keystroke to my thoughts and this might appear to be a bit of revisionist history. Before I go on let me state this unequivocally …more young QBs are ruined in the NFL than are successfully developed and that’s because ownership continues to hire men as head coaches who don’t know what the hell they are doing with the talents that they have.

Sorry to anyone who wants to believe that development is primarily on the young QB, but proof positive is Daniel Jones who went from shit to a playoff-winning QB while also becoming a major part of the reason why that team got the win. How did this happen and of what relevance does any of this have to do with Daniel Jones, Brian Daboll, and Rivera being a coaching coward?

Here’s a brief history of Rivera’s QBs as a head coach.

• Cam Newton+
  • Will Grier*
  • Kyle Allen x2*
  • Alex Smith
  • Dwayne Haskins*
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Taylor Heinicke
  • Garrett Gilbert
  • Carson Wince
  • Sam Howell*
( * Denotes rookie/ developmental player/ + Denotes undeveloped exceptional athlete)

If you’re looking for that young QB that Rivera and/or his staff developed by design and effort, you won’t find one on the list of players that he’s had in his long mediocre career. What he’s done if you think about his moves since coming to DC, is a concerted effort to cover that weakness by going after veterans (Allen, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Wince, Heinicke) who he’s felt safer with than having to actually develop a long term answer in the same manner that Daboll has done to resurrect the career of Jones in NY. To make my point crystal clear, with a penchant to rely on his own personal comfort and not the best interest of the team, name anyone on his coaching staff, here or in Carolina that had a history of developing young QBs and/or were hired to appease rather than build a modern-day QB centered team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen and ladies if there still is a lady or two on board, Ron Rivera is a coward, NO, not in the classical sense but because he has gone to great lengths to hide an obvious weakness as a coach. Some years ago I posted a similar threat to this one about firing Ron Rivera…

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season. .Oct 29, 2020

Outlining reasons for firing Rivera then and was summarily told that it was too soon for all of that. I’ll admit that at the time his handling of Dwayne Haskins had me wondering about this form of cowardice but I failed to put a keystroke to my thoughts and this might appear to be a bit of revisionist history. Before I go on let me state this unequivocally …more young QBs are ruined in the NFL than are successfully developed and that’s because ownership continues to hire men as head coaches who don’t know what the hell they are doing with the talents that they have.

Sorry to anyone who wants to believe that development is primarily on the young QB, but proof positive is Daniel Jones who went from shit to a playoff-winning QB while also becoming a major part of the reason why that team got the win. How did this happen and of what relevance does any of this have to do with Daniel Jones, Brian Daboll, and Rivera being a coaching coward?

• Cam Newton+
  • Will Grier*
  • Kyle Allen x2*
  • Alex Smith
  • Dwayne Haskins*
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Taylor Heinicke
  • Garrett Gilbert
  • Carson Wince
  • Sam Howell*
( * Denotes rookie/ developmental player/ + Denotes undeveloped exceptional athlete)

If you’re looking for that young QB that Rivera and/or his staff developed by design and effort, you won’t find one on the list of players that he’s had in his long mediocre career. What he’s done if you think about his moves since coming to DC, is a concerted effort to cover that weakness by going after veterans (Allen, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Wince, Heinicke) who he’s felt safer with than having to actually develop a long term answer in the same manner that Daboll has done to resurrect the career of Jones in NY. To make my point crystal clear, with a penchant to rely on his own personal comfort and not the best interest of the team, name anyone on his coaching staff, here or in Carolina that had a history of developing young QBs and/or were hired to appease rather than build a modern-day QB centered team.
Amazing sir!
Ladies and Gentlemen...the legend has returned!

1/16/23 = Sportshoopla holiday honoring the day the great Sty returned!!!!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Cam Newton+
  • Will Grier*
  • Kyle Allen x2*
  • Alex Smith
  • Dwayne Haskins*
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • Taylor Heinicke
  • Garrett Gilbert
  • Carson Wince
  • Sam Howell*

Glad you are back and your philosophy of sitting qbs for a yr seems good . how do you feel about howitzer ? (SM)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing sir!
Ladies and Gentlemen...the legend has returned!

1/16/23 = Sportshoopla holiday honoring the day the great Sty returned!!!!!!!
Yikes!! LOL

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you are back and your philosophy of sitting qbs for a yr seems good . how do you feel about howitzer ? (SM)
He's ok but still a long shot to becoming more than what he appears to be or the long-term answer in DC. I am not in favor of handing him the job and from what I've read on these posts so far, that's exactly what some here are in favor of. Here's the question for those insisting upon having him compete for the job next season... If the plan is to rid themselves of Wince and Heinicke or possibly keep Heinicke, where's the competition?
BTW: I posted a plan that included Howell. One will relegate him to backing up fields and further development and the second provides him with plenty of young competition for the job. What are your thoughts on the plan?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's ok but still a long shot to becoming more than what he appears to be or the long-term answer in DC. I am not in favor of handing him the job and from what I've read on these posts so far, that's exactly what some here are in favor of. Here's the question for those insisting upon having him compete for the job next season... If the plan is to rid themselves of Wince and Heinicke or possibly keep Heinicke, where's the competition?
BTW: I posted a plan that included Howell. One will relegate him to backing up fields and further development and the second provides him with plenty of young competition for the job. What are your thoughts on the plan?
Chase for fields and a 3rd . Fields with these weapons and some new lineman and I think he takes off

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will have a HC line outside Ashburn if Snyder sells the team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think trading him saves us draft picks
My concern is his resume' thus far... The Bears have just over 100 million to spend in free agency and are likely to prefer draft capital over players, but if Young is acceptable to them, fine!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is his resume' thus far... The Bears have just over 100 million to spend in free agency and are likely to prefer draft capital over players, but if Young is acceptable to them, fine!
Straight up?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up?
No, @dad offered a scenario in which Washington gets Fields for Young and a third-rounder. If that is what it takes I'm all for it, but I'm pretty convinced that Chicago will be asking for draft capital... likely a 1st and whatever else they can get. IMO, Fields is a game-changer for Washington.