• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The case for firing RR and staff

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure everybody has some reasoning for shitcanning RR and staff. Probably some people have reasons as to why he should stay.

Here are my reasons why he should be fired:

-gambled on Wentz. Wentz sucked before he got injured.

-gambled on oline signings, mostly from Carolina. Oline sucks this year, contributing to redskins sucking.

-poor roster building - Bostic is terrible, no lbs, poor oline depth, and the seemingly only solution is to hire carolina retreads.

-bad coordinator decisions at times - defense to start the year, every year, offense has a few great gameplans and a few horrible ones.

-commanders are never prepared after a break - first game of the year, after byes.

-Commanders are consistently outcoached, often by coaches in their first or second year as head coaches (see Brian DaBoll).

-their are innovative coaches out there to be hired. Hell, steal practically anybody from Andy Reid’s staff…

-there are plenty of weapons already on the team: TM is a legit #1 wr, Dotson looks very good, Samuels is very good, have a legit rb tandem, that are being wasted.

Your thoughts?

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all your points are valid, I’m not there just yet. First, who we gonna get that is better? Second, I’m not sure anyone can succeed in this circus.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing happens until there is new ownership , then the options open up

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure everybody has some reasoning for shitcanning RR and staff. Probably some people have reasons as to why he should stay.

-gambled on oline signings, mostly from Carolina. Oline sucks this year, contributing to redskins sucking.

-poor roster building - Bostic is terrible, no lbs, poor oline depth, and the seemingly only solution is to hire carolina retreads.

-bad coordinator decisions at times - defense to start the year, every year, offense has a few great gameplans and a few horrible ones.

-commanders are never prepared after a break - first game of the year, after byes.

-Commanders are consistently outcoached, often by coaches in their first or second year as head coaches (see Brian DaBoll).

-their are innovative coaches out there to be hired. Hell, steal practically anybody from Andy Reid’s staff…

-there are plenty of weapons already on the team: TM is a legit #1 wr, Dotson looks very good, Samuels is very good, have a legit rb tandem, that are being wasted.

Your thoughts?
I completely understand why you feel the way you do. I was right there with you until Ron went 6-1-1 with Heinicke as his QB. I'm not sure there is a coach in the league that can go 6-1-1 with Taylor Heinicke and be the only team to beat the Eagles.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we miss the playoffs new ownership would probably fire him. If we somehow make the playoffs, He has a chance to stay.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While all your points are valid, I’m not there just yet. First, who we gonna get that is better? Second, I’m not sure anyone can succeed in this circus.

I'm not sure I agree with the "bird in hand is worth two in the bush" line of thinking.

Why stay with somebody who is so obviously mediocre, when there's a chance for somebody great? Many of the new hires from all of these young coaches are doing quite well - the Benglas dude, The Eagles dude, the Dolphins dude, the Jets dude, the Giants dude. Some - like Saleh with the Jets and DaBoll with the Giants - have their teams in position to make the playoffs despite a subpar roster.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with the "bird in hand is worth two in the bush" line of thinking.

Why stay with somebody who is so obviously mediocre, when there's a chance for somebody great? Many of the new hires from all of these young coaches are doing quite well - the Benglas dude, The Eagles dude, the Dolphins dude, the Jets dude, the Giants dude. Some - like Saleh with the Jets and DaBoll with the Giants - have their teams in position to make the playoffs despite a subpar roster.
There is definitely a trend toward younger guys out there. But, is this the right environment for a young guy who has never been a HC before? It’s risky because there is just so much extraneous shit the HC has to deal with here.
also, we have got to get out of this mentality of running away from problems and evolve to running toward opportunities. By this, I mean dumping RR without knowing who you replace him with is more of the same. We are more likely to get stuck with a Zorn than a Shanahan.

this team is not far off from being a serious contender. We have a short window where we have a lot of the pieces in place to make a run, sans QB and an OL or two. You bring the wrong HC in here or one that’s inexperienced, and that window could be squandered. We need a QB. This, more than a HC, is holding us back.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we miss the playoffs new ownership would probably fire him. If we somehow make the playoffs, He has a chance to stay.
I think we finish 0-3 unless Dallas sits everyone.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are a playoff team then we will have to defy the odds
Like I said. No time to feel sorry for ourselves. Time to put our big boy pants on and play our way in. We are the 7 seed right now. It's on us.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a trend toward younger guys out there. But, is this the right environment for a young guy who has never been a HC before? It’s risky because there is just so much extraneous shit the HC has to deal with here.
also, we have got to get out of this mentality of running away from problems and evolve to running toward opportunities. By this, I mean dumping RR without knowing who you replace him with is more of the same. We are more likely to get stuck with a Zorn than a Shanahan.

this team is not far off from being a serious contender. We have a short window where we have a lot of the pieces in place to make a run, sans QB and an OL or two. You bring the wrong HC in here or one that’s inexperienced, and that window could be squandered. We need a QB. This, more than a HC, is holding us back.
While I agree with some of your post, a new regime is needed under new ownership. Put the correct infrastructure in place and a new younger HC will flourish with this roster. I would not mind hiring Eric Bienemy as HC right about now. From the Andy Reid coaching tree and has ample experience as a OC and will gain immediate respect from the players. I believe his experience will have an immediate impact on the team and the team is in the playoffs in his first season, no question. With Snyder gone, the toxic culture gone and a new GM, next year would be set up for success imo. We just need to add a few peices to the puzzle, possibly retain Del Rio and keep it moving in the right direction.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with some of your post, a new regime is needed under new ownership. Put the correct infrastructure in place and a new younger HC will flourish with this roster. I would not mind hiring Eric Bienemy as HC right about now. From the Andy Reid coaching tree and has ample experience as a OC and will gain immediate respect from the players. I believe his experience will have an immediate impact on the team and the team is in the playoffs in his first season, no question. With Snyder gone, the toxic culture gone and a new GM, next year would be set up for success imo. We just need to add a few peices to the puzzle, possibly retain Del Rio and keep it moving in the right direction.
Biemeny would be a great choice.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting screamed on by Mahomes on the sideline was a bad look for Biemeny. Not saying that means he can't coach. It was just a red flag for me. I'd love to see him get a shot though. Need more minority coaches.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your thoughts?
Other than #1 n #2 as I'm no longer sure Wentz was a RR move. And I don't know if I'd even call what RR has allowed to happen to the OL a gamble. At times it seems more like an outright "Fuck it!" move. I don't see anything anyone could really push back on.

Though it can be read into the shitty coaching reasons. You could add refusal, inability or failure to adjust/change game plan not working. Or flip it and say going away from a gameplan that appears to be working. I know skinsdad posted a tweet that went something to the effect of they run a couple good plays involving Robinson and then take him out the game. So much so that he only got 4 carries in the 2nd half which was asinine. The Skins were only down 14-3 not 28-3.

I'll also add RR can't seem to help himself when it comes to unnecessarily chasing points. Going for 2 when it was 14-9 wasn't necessary and that decision n that decision alone that made it an 8 point game instead of a 7 point game.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its risky as well if Snyder is still around because there isn't a first time coach he hasn't rode roughshod over. Even handpicked Spurrier felt the Danny's wrath. Then again Snyder's rode roughshod over experienced HCs as well which is reason #26352816 why he needs to be gone for good.