• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The case for firing RR and staff

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you are seriously not comparing him to Hurts he sucks at throwing that's a fact not opinion
OH wait, there are more comparisons at the professional level...

Fields...

1674007724409.png

VS. Trevor Lawrence...

1674007817848.png

VS. Jalen Hurts...

1674007883288.png

VS. Sam Howell...

1674007978391.png

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are starting to convince me on Fields. However, rumor is that the Colts are offering a King's ransom for him apparently.
No doubt if the Bears put him on the block the bidding is going to be fierce!! Here's a statement from their new GM...

"We're excited about his development and where he goes next. He showed ability to be impactful with his legs. There's flashes with his arm. Now if we can put that together, I think we have something really good."

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt if the Bears put him on the block the bidding is going to be fierce!! Here's a statement from their new GM...

"We're excited about his development and where he goes next. He showed ability to be impactful with his legs. There's flashes with his arm. Now if we can put that together, I think we have something really good."
Do you really think this current FO is competent enough to explore his availability? If so, this would presumably be the 2nd time in 2 off seasons the WFT has checked in on Fields availability. They supposedly kicked the tires on every teams QB last off season per RR.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee No one was at fault, but Griffin for his first couple times he was dinged, the Atlanta game and the Baltimore game. He refused to protect himself and even became incredulous over it after the Minnesota game. He came back too soon as well for the Dallas game, but that's the mindset n nature of the game. The shitty Fed Ex field then made its contribution to Griffin's injury log. a couple times even with the 1st time in the playoffs. If M Shanny bears any responsibility for Griffin's extensive injury history. Its for allowing him to continue to play against Seattle. But Griffin, imo, was the one who was ultimately responsible for mounting up of injuries he suffered.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think this current FO is competent enough to explore his availability? If so, this would presumably be the 2nd time in 2 off seasons the WFT has checked in on Fields availability. They supposedly kicked the tires on every teams QB last off season per RR.
When it comes to this front office it's safe to say that the sun will shine on a dog's ass every once in a while! So there's the only thing that they've offered us since taking control...Hope! I don't believe that they kicked the tires, did any significant field work, investigated, or did anything else related to contacting other teams last year. As proof, I offer you one Carson Wince, who a blind squirrel could have spotted as a shot player. Rivera isn't very truthful but he's ok at selling BS to hungry fans looking for any inkling of hope during the off-season. I don't buy into BS salesmen and don't trust them to do anything close to exploring his availability. The plan is my own and if folks were to take a moment to think about it, it is one of the few plans offered anywhere related to this team for 2023.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to this front office it's safe to say that the sun will shine on a dog's ass every once in a while! So there's the only thing that they've offered us since taking control...Hope! I don't believe that they kicked the tires, did any significant field work, investigated, or did anything else related to contacting other teams last year. As proof, I offer you one Carson Wince, who a blind squirrel could have spotted as a shot player. Rivera isn't very truthful but he's ok at selling BS to hungry fans looking for any inkling of hope during the off-season. I don't buy into BS salesmen and don't trust them to do anything close to exploring his availability. The plan is my own and if folks were to take a moment to think about it, it is one of the few plans offered anywhere related to this team for 2023.
Completely agree with the whole "selling bs" statement. We have become a desperate fan base and will buy into anything at this point. Any success is automatically multiplied into nonsense. We aren't "close" to competing and we aren't "just a QB away" as some have said. We are clearly the 4th best team in the NFC East and its not close at this point. The PollyAnnism and Gomer Pyle comments need to stop.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee No one was at fault, but Griffin for his first couple times he was dinged, the Atlanta game and the Baltimore game. He refused to protect himself and even became incredulous over it after the Minnesota game. He came back too soon as well for the Dallas game, but that's the mindset n nature of the game. The shitty Fed Ex field then made its contribution to Griffin's injury log. a couple times even with the 1st time in the playoffs. If M Shanny bears any responsibility for Griffin's extensive injury history. Its for allowing him to continue to play against Seattle. But Griffin, imo, was the one who was ultimately responsible for mounting up of injuries he suffered.
Let me ask you this in relation to this... If YOU, Breed, as the owner (or head coach) invested in a QB as this team did and knew that he didn't have the polished skills to protect himself, would you just let him go or continue with that investment by properly training him to protect himself before putting him out against live fire?

Next, if YOU, Breed, as owner or (responsible head coach, insist upon not playing your significant investment by allowing him to play (coming back too soon) when you knew that he wasn't ready to go?

One other thing, if you Breed as owner or head coach, want your men playing on a proven, dangerous field like FedEx? What would you do about it?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree with the whole "selling bs" statement. We have become a desperate fan base and will buy into anything at this point. Any success is automatically multiplied into nonsense. We aren't "close" to competing and we aren't "just a QB away" as some have said. We are clearly the 4th best team in the NFC East and its not close at this point. The PollyAnnism and Gomer Pyle comments need to stop.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
Agreed!! it's almost as if folks forget about everything when a new season comes around, honestly, I don't understand it!

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed!! it's almost as if folks forget about everything when a new season comes around, honestly, I don't understand it!
oh no. i had them pegged as a .500 team at best maybe a 9 win team if things got right. I'm with you and duke, this team needs more to compete and i don't see things getting better until maybe 24 or 25 with a new owner and management in place.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no. i had them pegged as a .500 team at best maybe a 9 win team if things got right. I'm with you and duke, this team needs more to compete and i don't see things getting better until maybe 24 or 25 with a new owner and management in place.
Patience is a virtue and these things take time. It will get better once the new owner gets here. I agree with your timeline.

A good GM will do wonders here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the safest bets in all of professional football is wagering on how Washington finishes! Plus or minus 1 they have finished in the 7,8, and 9 range for decades!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin turned mid field into a 300+ lb defensive tackle. That is how he got hurt. Cousins came in and "helped" tie the game. A punt return won it. The next week I believe Cousins threw for over 300 yards and a win. It was a miracle, Griffin was healed until his damaged knee gave out again.

Then Griffin rushed back "all in for game 1." Well, not so much.

In the meantime the guy that says QBs don't get a chance to get groomed said that Cousins has reached his ceiling. He can't make any plays with his legs etc. AJ McCarron and Greg McElroy could do the same. And of course Griffin was cheated by the system. Several years later while in Baltimore Griffin was making the same mistakes as well as not being able to stay healthy. Now gone and has a successful broadcasting career.

So lets jump forward to Dwayne Haskins. I argued he wasn't worth a 15th round pick. I also argued he wasn't as good as the guy who was at Ohio State with him but lost his job and transferred to LSU ... Joe Burrow. I was told he couldn't beat out Haskins and I was wrong. Sadly Haskins is dead due to not being able to manage his life while Burrow is a star. What are the chances Tomlin didn't give Haskins every chance in the world? I don't think Mike Tomlin is that kind of coach.

So what are we left with, a guy that cried he was mistreated and wanted to be a pocket passer but none of those skills and a guy that couldn't manage his life and died way too soon.

:noidea:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the safest bets in all of professional football is wagering on how Washington finishes! Plus or minus 1 they have finished in the 7,8, and 9 range for decades!
Yup. We are stuck in mediocre purgatory.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin turned mid field into a 300+ lb defensive tackle. That is how he got hurt. Cousins came in and "helped" tie the game. A punt return won it. The next week I believe Cousins threw for over 300 yards and a win. It was a miracle, Griffin was healed until his damaged knee gave out again.

In the meantime the guy that says QBs don't get a chance to get groomed said that Cousins has reached his ceiling. He can't make any plays with his legs etc. AJ McCarron and Greg McElroy could do the same. And of course Griffin was cheated by the system. Several years later while in Baltimore Griffin was making the same mistakes as well as not being able to stay healthy. Now gone and has a successful broadcasting career.

So lets jump forward to Dwayne Haskins. I argued he wasn't worth a 15th round pick. I also argued he wasn't as good as the guy who was at Ohio State with him but lost his job and transferred to LSU ... Joe Burrow. I was told he couldn't beat out Haskins and I was wrong. Sadly Haskins is dead due to not being able to manage his life while Burrow is a star. What are the chances Tomlin didn't give Haskins every chance in the world? I don't think Mike Tomlin is that kind of coach.

So what are we left with, a guy that cried he was mistreated and wanted to be a pocket passer but none of those skills and a guy that couldn't manage his life and died way too soon.

Pretty much how I remember it as well

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too many excuses being made for bad QBs. Now it’s Fields. Worst oline, no WRs, poor coaching, no development, etc. he still has one of the worst accuracy stats in the league. He Just haven’t done anything to prove he is worth a chase young and 1st round pick. Pass big time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields could turn into a Lamar type still. He has only been in the league two years. I wouldn't trade for him though.
Funny, Jackson still throws like a 9th grader while Fields has shown a much better touch, spin rate and feel for the overall passing game B4 the Bears stunted his growth.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many excuses being made for bad QBs. Now it’s Fields. Worst oline, no WRs, poor coaching, no development, etc. he still has one of the worst accuracy stats in the league. He Just haven’t done anything to prove he is worth a chase young and 1st round pick. Pass big time.
You as well
Play to your strengths. Post about politics, this football topic ain't working for you.

You guys still make Dallas football fans not look so bad.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You as well
Play to your strengths. Post about politics, this football topic ain't working for you.

You guys still make Dallas football fans not look so bad.
@PDay8810 i know you’re feeling good now that your girls finally made it out the first round, although they done it against the worst team in the playoffs. Hey it’s a lot better than what the redskins done though. Nothing @j_y19 said was unreasonable for you to respond the way you did.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PDay8810 i know you’re feeling good now that your girls finally made it out the first round, but they did it against the worst team in the playoffs. Hey it’s a lot better than what the redskins done though. Nothing @j_y19 said was unreasonable for you to respond the way you did.
Call it a hunch Bovie...history observation

And No, like you, I'm excited to see this years playoff meltdown for my team. Kicker came outta no where. Should be fun.

Brightside: least Joy has game discussing politics. You should keep looking.