• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twolves trade Butler to 76ers

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This checks out" - Kyrie Irving

Cavs were done winning 'ships anyways. They pretty much FLUKED their one title over the Warriors because of a Curry injury, Green suspension. . Warriors can realistically win the next 4 titles if they keep it all together.

Guys still make their money and have the greatest run in NBA history

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been terrible.

But, it's to be expected with that injury.

I think Kyrie is the bigger issue.

Those other guys are gonna have to find a way to be successful with less touches.

Or, something has to give.

As for who has the better starting 5....

I usually give the team that has the best overall player the nod if it's close.

But, it has to be close.

Lakers have the best player on the planet. However, nobody in their right mind would rank them higher than Denver, 76ers or Celtics.

I think, health permitting, that the 76ers have the best player in Embiid.

Tatum and Simmons are up for debate.

But, I would take Ben.

Jimmy is better than everyone of the Celtics roster, sans Tatum and Kyrie.

So, yeah.....

1 thru 5, I give it to Philly as long as they don't start Fultz.

Most of Boston's reserves are better than Markelle.

He completely fucks up the math.

I have been saying this since last spring and even before that.

The Celtics aren't as good as people assume they should be. Because Kyrie doesn't have the impact people assume he should when they see the stat line and the highlights. Yes, he is completely unguardable. But he also disrupts flow for his teammates who thrive off of quality ball movement.

Ainge has the pieces to make a splash move, and I suspect he will in the next 2 years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying this since last spring and even before that.

The Celtics aren't as good as people assume they should be. Because Kyrie doesn't have the impact people assume he should when they see the stat line and the highlights. Yes, he is completely unguardable. But he also disrupts flow for his teammates who thrive off of quality ball movement.

Ainge has the pieces to make a splash move, and I suspect he will in the next 2 years.

The question is whether the Celtics make a move now to unclog the team a little.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I like the move for Philly. The guy's a great player but he seems to be a bit of a headcase, is that what the 76ers want in their locker room? Have to see what happens.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is whether the Celtics make a move now to unclog the team a little.
The answer is no... the C's are fine and in absolutely no rush to make a move.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is no... the C's are fine and in absolutely no rush to make a move.

Maybe so. You and I disagreed about the Celtics this season. You argued that the Celtics are revolutionizing basketball by being truly positionless. You think that is still true?

The Celtics are going to be very good this year. But players are going to be disgruntled.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. You and I disagreed about the Celtics this season. You argued that the Celtics are revolutionizing basketball by being truly positionless. You think that is still true?
Finals or bust, yes.
flyerhawk said:
The Celtics are going to be very good this year. But players are going to be disgruntled.
Hasn't happened yet under Stevens... we'll see, I guess.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know about being disgruntled. The Rozier reports seem blown out of proportion.

What I do know is that adding Hayward and Kyrie does not help nearly as much as people think. They are both very good (although Hayward is struggling), but neither is the type of player that can put a team on his back for weeks at a time. And minutes those guys are getting takes away PT from other really good players.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about being disgruntled. The Rozier reports seem blown out of proportion.

What I do know is that adding Hayward and Kyrie does not help nearly as much as people think. They are both very good (although Hayward is struggling), but neither is the type of player that can put a team on his back for weeks at a time. And minutes those guys are getting takes away PT from other really good players.
Jury is still out... the C's hit an early season road trip that (admittedly) kicked their arse, to say nothing of the fact that a guy like Hayward is still working his way back from a hellacious injury.

Speaking for myself, I still find these takes of the C's having too much talent... (they're gonna fight over playing time, the minutes for all are gonna be diluted too much, etc)... to be amusingly ridiculous.

It's a lot of pointing to a rather obvious net positive and trying to manufacture negativity.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question for boston is if Hayward ever comes back to form after the Greusome injury. He just might not make it back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma can be a fickle bitch, especially to a classless POS like Butler.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephens has done a terrific job of managing minutes. Basically all the guys outside of Hayward is getting their normal shot attempts

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephens has done a terrific job of managing minutes. Basically all the guys outside of Hayward is getting their normal shot attempts
I agree.

The problems so far with the Celtics offense have been:

1.) They are missing too many open shots
2.) They have gone to the ISO game too much

I'm not too worried about #1, too many good shooters on the Celtics and this should even out. Problem #2, OTOH, is something worth keeping an eye on. The C's do have some decent ISO options... but in the modern NBA, defenses are just too good for this to be as high of a proportion as it has been for the C's.

There have been hints and glimpses of the beautiful, ball movement offense that the C's are capable of with their talent... but (obviously) they haven't put it together with any sort of consistency yet. We'll see if that day comes.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

The problems so far with the Celtics offense have been:

1.) They are missing too many open shots
2.) They have gone to the ISO game too much

I'm not too worried about #1, too many good shooters on the Celtics and this should even out. Problem #2, OTOH, is something worth keeping an eye on. The C's do have some decent ISO options... but in the modern NBA, defenses are just too good for this to be as high of a proportion as it has been for the C's.

There have been hints and glimpses of the beautiful, ball movement offense that the C's are capable of with their talent... but (obviously) they haven't put it together with any sort of consistency yet. We'll see if that day comes.

Need to get someone who can actually shoot shoot as well as defend in the same ballpark as Smart.

I don't know who the next star on the block is for the TD, but a Smart/Rozier combo is a good start to any trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just Rozier. It's also Jaylen Brown. It's also Marcus Smart.

My point isn't that the Celtics are a broken team with bad chemistry or anything like that. My point was, and remains, that there is such a thing as having too much talent on a roster.

IMO, the Celtics are going to make a trade in the not too distant future. And it could be a blockbuster.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karma can be a fickle bitch, especially to a classless POS like Butler.
Yeah look what happened to that classless POS Durant, he won 3 titles and 3 Finals MVPs after pulling his crap

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Celtics are going to make a trade in the not too distant future. And it could be a blockbuster.
It's possible, of course... but it takes two to tango.

That's gonna make it hard. I doubt it... in the near term, anyways.

Nor do I see a need for it.

But we'll see.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, of course... but it takes two to tango.

That's gonna make it hard. I doubt it... in the near term, anyways.

Nor do I see a need for it.

But we'll see.

I'd like to get something for Rozier.

And Smart is expendible with Brown there.

but it's not a great time to be shopping for a 2 way 2-guard.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get something for Rozier.

And Smart is expendible with Brown there.

but it's not a great time to be shopping for a 2 way 2-guard.
Yeah... theoretically, I'm not dead set against the idea of a trade.

I just don't see one materializing in the near term... for multiple reasons. Perhaps the most relevant being that there is no pressing reason for the C's to make a move...