• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twolves trade Butler to 76ers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, of course... but it takes two to tango.

That's gonna make it hard. I doubt it... in the near term, anyways.

Nor do I see a need for it.

But we'll see.

Need is perhaps not the best word to describe the situation.

But ultimately, what are the Celtics expectations this year? If it is reaching the finals, then they need to start turning things around pretty soon. Or they will be facing a pretty tough challenge in the playoffs.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... theoretically, I'm not dead set against the idea of a trade.

I just don't see one materializing in the near term... for multiple reasons. Perhaps the most relevant being that there is no pressing reason for the C's to make a move...

I would love to get something for Rozier, and we know Phoenix is already interested.

But the are a terrible fit otherwise.

I was hoping they would just S&T Smart.

also, right now the Celtics will have 4 first rounders in the 2019 draft.

I don't expect that they will keep all 4.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to get something for Rozier.

And Smart is expendible with Brown there.

but it's not a great time to be shopping for a 2 way 2-guard.

Better make sure of Kyrie's intentions before moving Rozier.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should have signed in Philly

He would be playing with the big 3 of Simmons, Embiid and now Butler

Instead he has the big 3 of Rondo, ball and hart lol

More like the big 4 of Ingram, Hart, Kuzma and Ball, but spin it however you want. He came to LA for more than just basketball, some things Philly will NEVER provide. You know, entertainment, lifestyle, weather, and opportunities after his playing career is over.

He would actually have LESS 3 pt shooting in Philly than he has in LA with that trade (and his presence pushing Redick to the bench).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need is perhaps not the best word to describe the situation.

But ultimately, what are the Celtics expectations this year? If it is reaching the finals, then they need to start turning things around pretty soon. Or they will be facing a pretty tough challenge in the playoffs.
Meh... I'm not hitting the panic button yet.

It's slightly disappointing (but forseeable) that the C's are getting off to a sluggish start... they've got flux in the roster and guys coming back from injury. Beyond that, they've played a bunch of road games so far... that will even out.

Still plenty of time for things to shake out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier is a FA after this year anyway.

RFA though, they can tender him and have right of refusal. Both are FA this summer, with Kyrie being an UFA and free to do as he pleases.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah look what happened to that classless POS Durant, he won 3 titles and 3 Finals MVPs after pulling his crap

I think you are smart enough to know what you did wrong. Durant played out his contract at least. Obviously you aren’t an advocate of personal responsibility.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are smart enough to know what you did wrong. Durant played out his contract at least. Obviously you aren’t an advocate of personal responsibility.

This is the same argument thrown against Paul George and Kawhi. At least they let their teams know well in advance of free agency of their intentions to leave.

IMO, Butler has every right to feel slighted by the Wolves. They brought him to be a difference maker, then decided to extend the underproducing kids instead of him.

As far as this trade, it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers miss Saric. This likely minimizes any impact from the anticipated improvement of Fultz, as he's not going to have the ball in his hands much. He certainly can't be a spot up shooter, but neither can Simmons. A lot of talent, we'll see how it meshes. And of course, they need to make sure he stays.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same argument thrown against Paul George and Kawhi. At least they let their teams know well in advance of free agency of their intentions to leave.

IMO, Butler has every right to feel slighted by the Wolves. They brought him to be a difference maker, then decided to extend the underproducing kids instead of him.

As far as this trade, it will be interesting to see how much the Sixers miss Saric. This likely minimizes any impact from the anticipated improvement of Fultz, as he's not going to have the ball in his hands much. He certainly can't be a spot up shooter, but neither can Simmons. A lot of talent, we'll see how it meshes. And of course, they need to make sure he stays.
I would think Fultz gets traded for a shooter, and Butler is staying because the Sixers can pay him far more than any other team and that was the main reason he wanted out. Philly is good and young as well so he can have the money and compete. Can't see how he wouldn't stay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point isn't that the Celtics are a broken team with bad chemistry or anything like that. My point was, and remains, that there is such a thing as having too much talent on a roster.

Agree to a point. There is such a thing as having too much talent, but that only applies, imo, if players start having issues about paying time and shots and can't be convinced to sacrifice for the good of the team.

While too much talent can be a problem, it's a problem that every coach would love to have. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to a point. There is such a thing as having too much talent, but that only applies, imo, if players start having issues about paying time and shots and can't be convinced to sacrifice for the good of the team.

While too much talent can be a problem, it's a problem that every coach would love to have. lol

Oh not doubt about that. Stevens certainly isn't complaining.

But I have to think that Ainge is plotting to make some sort of big move. Perhaps he keeps his powder dry until the offseason or maybe he waits until next year to make a serious run for AD but I waiting a year likely means another year of watching from the outside.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh not doubt about that. Stevens certainly isn't complaining.

But I have to think that Ainge is plotting to make some sort of big move. Perhaps he keeps his powder dry until the offseason or maybe he waits until next year to make a serious run for AD but I waiting a year likely means another year of watching from the outside.

It seems like they are all in on AD.

Not sure anyone else really fits.

Maybe Beal if the Wiz are willing to blow it up.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler had a contract, be a man. Sounds simple enough.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Fultz gets traded for a shooter, and Butler is staying because the Sixers can pay him far more than any other team and that was the main reason he wanted out. Philly is good and young as well so he can have the money and compete. Can't see how he wouldn't stay.

It would come down to whether or not he fits with the Sixers IMO. If he has similar issues with Simmons and Embiid that he had with KAT and Wiggins, he may not want to stay. He is definitely going to push them hard (as well as Fultz, which could be trouble; he may now NEED to be moved).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would come down to whether or not he fits with the Sixers IMO. If he has similar issues with Simmons and Embiid that he had with KAT and Wiggins, he may not want to stay. He is definitely going to push them hard (as well as Fultz, which could be trouble; he may now NEED to be moved).

We know that both are willing defenders. That should be a good start.