• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Possible trade on Draft Night

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We thought the Pats were going to take Forbes. WOW!! Good thing MM turned down the 3rd round pick to trade for moving up. That would have been robbery. Disaster avoided. So, we had Forbes over Gonzo and Jones

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We thought the Pats were going to take Forbes. WOW!! Good thing MM turned down the 3rd round pick to trade for moving up. That would have been robbery. Disaster avoided. So, we had Forbes over Gonzo and Jones
glad we didnt trade up !! this would have pissed me off even more

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh skinsdad would've had to fine and temporarily ban half the members on this board. As street fight would have broken out, keyboards, monitors and mice would have been shattered

Side note: in about 3 years, he should be able to hold about 20lbs extra without losing any speed or quickness. Im confident if they actually wanted Forbes, it's going to work out by year 2

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Forbes will play early and often. They were willing to give up a 4th to go get him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh skinsdad would've had to fine and temporarily ban half the members on this board. As street fight would have broken out, keyboards, monitors and mice would have been shattered

Side note: in about 3 years, he should be able to hold about 20lbs extra without losing any speed or quickness. Im confident if they actually wanted Forbes, it's going to work out by year 2
well if he adds the weight i will elevate him from stick figure to twig

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god they didnt give up any more picks

I agree. I didn't think we had to trade up to get this guy. But MM was willing to give up a 4th to land him. They must really love him. I cant see him being off the field. If Martin becomes the new Mcann he will have alot of snaps on this defense. So, is the camp battle really between BSJ and Fuller for the other outside CB position?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I didn't think we had to trade up to get this guy. But MM was willing to give up a 4th to land him. They must really love him. I cant see him being off the field. If Martin becomes the new Mcann he will have alot of snaps on this defense. So, is the camp battle really between BSJ and Fuller for the other outside CB position?
what they love i could care less , they need to make good picks in round 1 , one hit , one potential bust , and one looking like he wont get a 5th yr option is unacceptable .

fuller will start and BSJ will at 1st

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what they love i could care less , they need to make good picks in round 1 , one hit , one potential bust , and one looking like he wont get a 5th yr option is unacceptable .

fuller will start and BSJ will at 1st

you dont think Forbes starts week 1?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what ? he still has to earn it
This for sure.

Because the OP labeled me "negative", I hesitated to respond.

That being said, I have a couple of observations.

How do we know that they wanted to move up for Forbes? Perhaps they wanted to move up to take jones? We don't know that. It appears that a CB was the target for a trade up, but that is not a fact. I don't care what Dean says about it. He has been wrong numerous times about these types of things. Pitt traded up to get jones, maybe we were trying to best Pitt to Jones? We simply don't know. Rivera claims they wanted Forbes at 16...he never said they wanted Forbes at 14. Draft night alters plans and the board as well.

Secondly, just because they wanted a player or loved him doesn't mean he will work out and is magically an All Pro. This same front office loved carson wentz, bid against themselves, and grossly overpaid for a player who was awful and is now out of the league.

Lastly, this behind the scenes snapshot shows that JDR has the same type of authority that EB has. Rivera said that JDR will do flips if Forbes is the pick. JDR apparently yelled "we got him..woo!"
Surely if EB wanted an offensive player and had GM duties, he would have trumped JDR? Surely EB would have advocated to build the #25 offense instead of reinforcing the a top 5 defense right?

The Billy Graham crusade continues and we all must get in line with our faith and hope it appears...smh

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This for sure.

Because the OP labeled me "negative", I hesitated to respond.

That being said, I have a couple of observations.

How do we know that they wanted to move up for Forbes? Perhaps they wanted to move up to take jones? We don't know that. It appears that a CB was the target for a trade up, but that is not a fact. I don't care what Dean says about it. He has been wrong numerous times about these types of things. Pitt traded up to get jones, maybe we were trying to best Pitt to Jones? We simply don't know. Rivera claims they wanted Forbes at 16...he never said they wanted Forbes at 14. Draft night alters plans and the board as well.

Secondly, just because they wanted a player or loved him doesn't mean he will work out and is magically an All Pro. This same front office loved carson wentz, bid against themselves, and grossly overpaid for a player who was awful and is now out of the league.

Lastly, this behind the scenes snapshot shows that JDR has the same type of authority that EB has. Rivera said that JDR will do flips if Forbes is the pick. JDR apparently yelled "we got him..woo!"
Surely if EB wanted an offensive player and had GM duties, he would have trumped JDR? Surely EB would have advocated to build the #25 offense instead of reinforcing the a top 5 defense right?

The Billy Graham crusade continues and we all must get in line with our faith and hope it appears...smh
dont hesitate to post here if you want on any subject . its called debate and let your feelings be known . its a message board