• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russ Francis killed in Plane crash

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gotta be a tough way to go. If they're turning back it means shit was seriously wrong and they knew it.

RIP.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was healthy, he was as good as any TE during his era. And there were some damn fine TE’s during his era. Casper, Newsome, Dupree, Chester, Trumpy… he was right up there with all of them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He changed the TE position in the NFL.

I had no idea that he was that close to my age.

RIP Big Guy.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ Francis was a member of probably the most talented Patriots team ever. And I can’t think of them without getting a bit pissed once again about the “Ben Dreith Game” … this explains it all as best as any:

RIP Russ and shake the hand of whoever up there helped with “The Tuck Rule” … I’m sure you already did

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Russ, one of mine and many Patriot fan favorites.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ Francis was a member of probably the most talented Patriots team ever. And I can’t think of them without getting a bit pissed once again about the “Ben Dreith Game” … this explains it all as best as any:

RIP Russ and shake the hand of whoever up there helped with “The Tuck Rule” … I’m sure you already did
I'm still pissed!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pissed!
I'm pissed that the NFL didn't take his pension and shove the empty envelope up his ass. He admitted that he pulled the call out of his ass because it would have given the ball back to the Patriots. He did it because he knew that the Steelers had several injuries earlier in the day and the road to the Super Bowl was wide open. The only satisfaction was that the Raiders still lost.

That alone should have warned the NFL about officials having a favorite teams and never allowing them to call that team's games. Then again, Goodell was the Jets' legal beagle when BB left them high and dry.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed that the NFL didn't take his pension and shove the empty envelope up his ass. He admitted that he pulled the call out of his ass because it would have given the ball back to the Patriots. He did it because he knew that the Steelers had several injuries earlier in the day and the road to the Super Bowl was wide open. The only satisfaction was that the Raiders still lost.

That alone should have warned the NFL about officials having a favorite teams and never allowing them to call that team's games. Then again, Goodell was the Jets' legal beagle when BB left them high and dry.

Ken, the divisional game was in 1976 … the SB was in 1977 and the Raiders WON that SB (*#@-=‘)
… also, that ref was stricken from officiating a Patriots game for 11 years(!)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… also, that ref was stricken from officiating a Patriots game for 11 years(!)
Big deal. He could screw other teams when he officiated ""FOR"" the Raiders.

All that did was tell officials not to admit anything but it was okay to screw anyone playing against 'your' favorite team.

Says a shitload about how much the NFL values providing a quality and fair football game.

AND the league was so "ANTI" gambling on games until LV cut them in on the money.