• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Twolves trade Butler to 76ers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when you put your signature on something.

I agree to a point. Generally speaking, I tend to believe that you play for the contract you signed and then ask for more when it's expired.

However, we are generally talking about 4 and 5 year contracts. A lot can change in 4-5 years.

Imo, teams need to be open to re-negotiating a players contract if, during the life of that contract, circumstances have changed to the point that the player may deserve more.

I have no issue with Butler asking to have his contract renegotiated, especially when the T-Wolves were handing out bigger deals to guys who aren't as good as he is.

However, when the T-Wolves refused, he should have played out his deal and then told them to go fuck themselves when he became a UFA.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. Generally speaking, I tend to believe that you play for the contract you signed and then ask for more when it's expired.

However, we are generally talking about 4 and 5 year contracts. A lot can change in 4-5 years.

Imo, teams need to be open to re-negotiating a players contract if, during the life of that contract, circumstances have changed to the point that the player may deserve more.

I have no issue with Butler asking to have his contract renegotiated, especially when the T-Wolves were handing out bigger deals to guys who aren't as good as he is.

However, when the T-Wolves refused, he should have played out his deal and then told them to go fuck themselves when he became a UFA.

If the system wasn’t broken to where the twolves could pay more, that would’ve been more likely

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

The problems so far with the Celtics offense have been:

1.) They are missing too many open shots
2.) They have gone to the ISO game too much

I'm not too worried about #1, too many good shooters on the Celtics and this should even out. Problem #2, OTOH, is something worth keeping an eye on. The C's do have some decent ISO options... but in the modern NBA, defenses are just too good for this to be as high of a proportion as it has been for the C's.

There have been hints and glimpses of the beautiful, ball movement offense that the C's are capable of with their talent... but (obviously) they haven't put it together with any sort of consistency yet. We'll see if that day comes.

Kyrie's game is ISO heavy.

It is literally the reason why I think he is difficult to play with and also why I don't think his amazing stats don't really help the team that much.

Because I think the other guys are more efficient when Rozier is at the helm and they get better ball movement.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some good points, I will agree with the circumstances change part though when it’s possible that a contract can be reduced when they change the other direction.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's game is ISO heavy.

It is literally the reason why I think he is difficult to play with and also why I don't think his amazing stats don't really help the team that much.

Because I think the other guys are more efficient when Rozier is at the helm and they get better ball movement.
It hasn't only been Kyrie guilty of this sin... guys like Tatum, Brown and Rozier have been playing hero ball as well... and there has been too much standing around by everyone.

That said, there will always be an ISO element to Kyrie's game... he's too talented at it, and (in fairness) there is a time and a place for that skill.

The key will be keeping percentages in check... leaning less on ISO and more on team offense.

I still have plenty of confidence that they'll work out the kinks.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn't only been Kyrie guilty of this sin... guys like Tatum, Brown and Rozier have been playing hero ball as well... and there has been too much standing around by everyone.

That said, there will always be an ISO element to Kyrie's game... he's too talented at it, and (in fairness) there is a time and a place for that skill.

The key will be keeping percentages in check... leaning less on ISO and more on team offense.

That would getting their best passer (Hayward) involved more

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with all of this.

And I still think the Celtics core group is unlikely to win a title without bringing in somebody better than anyone currently on the roster.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this.

And I still think the Celtics core group is unlikely to win a title without bringing in somebody better than anyone currently on the roster.

Especially since their best player may never be the same after his horrific injury.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points, I will agree with the circumstances change part though when it’s possible that a contract can be reduced when they change the other direction.

Well then the team can cut you/negotiate a buyout. Seems like it does kind of work both ways.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then the team can cut you/negotiate a buyout. Seems like it does kind of work both ways.

But if the team cuts you then you still get paid and a player doesn’t have to accept a buyout right?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With GS being (quite possibly) the best team of all time... you very well may be right on this front...

Still, we haven't seen these C's at their best yet. We'll see if Hayward can get back to his old self and the whole team can congeal on top of that...

If the C's can get to the Finals (certainly not a gimme... far from it), they do match up well against GS... not that they're a better team per se, they just happen to match up well. So that'll make it interesting, at least. IMO.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the team cuts you then you still get paid and a player doesn’t have to accept a buyout right?

True but a team doesn't have to acquiesce when a guy like Butler makes noise. Just like a player can refuse the team (and still get paid the deal he signed), the team can refuse to cave to the player (and the player still gets the money he signed for). I'm just saying it's a two way street (not exactly the same of course, a team is different than a player). Both sides sign a deal, but sometimes things change and the deal changes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely agree that it should work both ways. The players association will never allow it though.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-1 in a 76ers uni.... :yahoo:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves 2-0 w/o him

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it's been awhile since I've seen the NBA standings like this. Dare we say, parity anyone.....