• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden Traded to the LA Clippers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My talking out the side of my ass idea?

Cavs get anxious, Bulls implode.....

Lavine to Cavs, Mitchell to 6ers, trash and picks to the Bulls.

Again : This hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE.

Just playing fantasy trade machine.
But also for @ducky

In your opinion does this net a player like the 4 I mentioned?

Expiring contracts plus 3 firsts and 3 pick swaps? I’ll also add that Sixers are in position to send extra expiring and take a role player back with 2-3-4 years left on their deal in order to help receiving team clear even more cap for their rebuild.

Washington Portland and Toronto are already in rebuild mode and Bulls may soon follow.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But also for @ducky

In your opinion does this net a player like the 4 I mentioned?

Expiring contracts plus 3 firsts and 3 pick swaps? I’ll also add that Sixers are in position to send extra expiring and take a role player back with 2-3-4 years left on their deal in order to help receiving team clear even more cap for their rebuild.

Washington Portland and Toronto are already in rebuild mode and Bulls may soon follow.
If your competition is not Utah/Knicks/Thunder?

Probably.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Sixers aren’t interested in Mitchell. Great player but I don’t know how he and Maxey co-exist. What you want Maxey to be is a more efficient Mitchell.

My bust out: the Warriors realize that their group is more well-rounded with Tobias Harris and they trade the Sixers Wiggins, Dray, or Klay for Harris, a future first and a future swap.
I wouldn't give that much up for Wiggins.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last point is your best one. The people making the move may not even be employed anymore if they don’t hit on their own teams pick during the tanking stage of the rebuild.

You cited the Lakers but I’m talking about the Sixers and Clippers, two franchises that have spent a number of years in the lottery.

Clips have only barely missed the playoffs since 2010 though and have an owner that isn't as thrifty as his predecessor. Lakers have been in the lottery much more of late.

It seems odd for you to hype up the possibility of the Sixers bottoming out as you're expecting them to make moves for big pieces. Counter-intuitive.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have another year before needing to move Mitchell. He's been discussed only because his extension eligibility is coming up, his player option isn't until '25/'26. Would the Sixers hold out for that?
I hope based on fit and the forthcoming planned commitment to Maxey that they pass on Mitchell based on fit and cost.

If I went into a lab and could create a player from scratch to place around Embiid/Maxey:

- 6’6” to 6’9’’ and long wing span
- potential to be All NBA defense
-can rebound his position better than average
- guy who can stroke the 3 at 38% plus and he can do it with catch and shoot or off his dribble
- people debate about whether this guy is really a 3 or a 4 because he has the versatility to play both

Now help me out: who is this guy in the NBA? It sounds like Klay Thompson 5 years ago.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raptors flounder, maybe OG or Pascal shake lose at the deadline.

But, you would be outbid if you think all you need to get a deal done is what you got from the Clips.

Good news is, wait a year and you could have the chance to sign one outright.

You will have close to 60 mil and this is your potential shopping list.

Yeah cap space is better than a fat, whiney baby.

You can't bank on a trade but that might be their best option.

I wouldn't bank on getting any of those FA's. Only reason you trade for OG or Siakam is if you think they won't make it to the offseason which would be a great reason. I think obviously those two would be ideal fits. Nothing else makes on that FA list, at least listed.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope based on fit and the forthcoming planned commitment to Maxey that they pass on Mitchell based on fit and cost.

If I went into a lab and could create a player from scratch to place around Embiid/Maxey:

- guy who can stroke the 3 at 38% plus and he can do it with catch and shoot or off his dribble
- people debate about whether this guy is really a 3 or a 4 because he has the versatility to play both

Now help me out: who is this guy in the NBA? It sounds like Klay Thompson 5 years ago.
You can't have Jaden McDaniels

Edit: He misses on the rebound part, but I think that would be the easiest add.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips have only barely missed the playoffs since 2010 though and have an owner that isn't as thrifty as his predecessor. Lakers have been in the lottery much more of late.

It seems odd for you to hype up the possibility of the Sixers bottoming out as you're expecting them to make moves for big pieces. Counter-intuitive.
Not at all. Joel Embiid is turning 30. I’ve been really consistent in saying here that tomorrow is never promised with Embiid and based on my vision of his window as a great player the Sixers have at most 3 years left in that window. At most. His injury history says…God I don’t even want to speak it into existence so I won’t say what I’m thinking. Large men don’t age gracefully. When the skills go, they go. Embiid knows this as well. He wants a ring. If they fail again the next two years, no way he doesn’t beg out at that point.

I like it like this. It should be a feast or famine cycle. I don’t want to be the Stockton/Malone Jazz or the Tatum/Brown Celtics. Optimize your window, then get shitty and rebuild.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Sixers aren’t interested in Mitchell. Great player but I don’t know how he and Maxey co-exist. What you want Maxey to be is a more efficient Mitchell.

My bust out: the Warriors realize that their group is more well-rounded with Tobias Harris and they trade the Sixers Wiggins, Dray, or Klay for Harris, a future first and a future swap.
Depends what they can get for Harris or before the deadline.

No guarantee Mitchell leaves CLE and if he did it's probably NY but it all depends on how CLE goes in the playoffs imo.

Mitchell and Maxey is kinda like a Mitchell and Garland duo. Not ideal but if they can add a player like Wiggins. Mitchell, Maxey and Embiid is a pretty insane trio.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My talking out the side of my ass idea?

Cavs get anxious, Bulls implode.....

Lavine to Cavs, Mitchell to 6ers, trash and picks to the Bulls.

Again : This hasn't been mentioned ANYWHERE.

Just playing fantasy trade machine.
throw up GIF

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your competition is not Utah/Knicks/Thunder?

Probably.

You are always going to come up with a team that is going to want most of the players that have been mentioned here where the rest of the league is going to want them as well and EASILY be able to kill an offer of cap relief and draft picks a long ways out.

Guys like the Raptor pair, Levine, Mitchell and some others mentioned here is just fan dreaming. No way it happens to the 76ers. Just not enough assets.

OG Anunoby
Jerami Grant
Pascal Siakam
Kyle Kuzma

These are just guys named in this thread today.

I wasnt looking for a list of players in the top 100 that you WANT to trade for. I was saying show me a guy in that range that moved for only expiring contracts and picks in the past.

It just doesnt happen anymore. Too much competition in the trade market. There would be a team that would top that offer.

Out of that list, Kuzma is would be one guy you could get. Zero chance the Raptors would take just expiring deals and a picks for those two players.

Grant would be an interesting case. I could see some GM's looking at him as a negative asset because of the contract.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs have another year before needing to move Mitchell. He's been discussed only because his extension eligibility is coming up, his player option isn't until '25/'26. Would the Sixers hold out for that?
Agree.

Just spitballing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't have Jaden McDaniels

Edit: He misses on the rebound part, but I think that would be the easiest add.
He fits a lot of this. He falls shy on the rebounding. School still out on his three point shooting but last year was a great sign if he can sustain it. He more than makes up for it with his defensive ability.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always going to come up with a team that is going to want most of the players that have been mentioned here where the rest of the league is going to want them as well and EASILY be able to kill an offer of cap relief and draft picks a long ways out.

Guys like the Raptor pair, Levine, Mitchell and some others mentioned here is just fan dreaming. No way it happens.

I wasnt looking for a list of players in the top 100 that you WANT to trade for. I was saying show me a guy in that range that moved for only expiring contracts and picks in the past.

It just doesnt happen anymore. Too much competition in the trade market. There would be a team that would top that offer.

Out of that list, Kuzma is would be one guy you could get. Zero chance the Raptors would take just expiring deals and a picks for those two players.

Grant would be an interesting case. I could see some GM's looking at him as a negative asset because of the contract.
New salary cap rules is changing things. I can't guarantee it will happen, but teams have already shown more willingness to dump good players for nothing to get below certain lines. Not impossible that it expands from there. It will be interesting to see.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New salary cap rules is changing things. I can't guarantee it will happen, but teams have already shown more willingness to dump good players for nothing to get below certain lines. Not impossible that it expands from there. It will be interesting to see.
And that’s especially true of teams looking to rebuild.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but even if Chicago implodes, the rest of the league gets to join on the bidding too. That was my point. You arent getting a top player 50-75 player with just future picks and expiring contracts. Someone will beat that offer. The Chicago GM might as well be signing his own termination papers to only take picks 3-6 years down the road in exchange for his best asset.

Let me start by saying I don't really want Levine. But how many teams do you see going on all in for him? Specifically what teams? Boston, Milwaukee, Clippers, Lakers are all a no almost certainly. So now you are talking about teams like the Hawks, Cavs, Heat, and other such teams.

Someone said it above. Very similar spot that the Lakers were in last year. Guys like Rui, DLo ect are the type of players they are looking at realistically. This trade gives the 76ers a chance to re-shufffle the deck chairs. It doesnt give them the flexibility to get a new boat. (Again....at least for this year. During the offseason all bets are off in sign and trades).

The big difference for the Sixers is that they can wait until the offseason and sign someone out of space. So teams like the Bulls will realize that they can't let it run into the offseason or they may lose the player and get nothing in return.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Jr is 6'5 and may not have quite that upside, but could be a cheaper get. OG, Kawhi, Grant, Wiggins, Cam Johnson, Craig, Bridges, Barnes, Patrick Williams, O'Neale, etc. You don't need to spend big IMO, there are some cheaper options.

Reactions: DJ