• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden Traded to the LA Clippers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New salary cap rules is changing things. I can't guarantee it will happen, but teams have already shown more willingness to dump good players for nothing to get below certain lines. Not impossible that it expands from there. It will be interesting to see.

At the same time, those lines are jumping upwards with the cap increases each year. I think it will ultimately balance out, just that you won't have teams like the Warriors willing to spend a ridiculous amount over the cap any more.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Sixers aren’t interested in Mitchell. Great player but I don’t know how he and Maxey co-exist. What you want Maxey to be is a more efficient Mitchell.

My bust out: the Warriors realize that their group is more well-rounded with Tobias Harris and they trade the Sixers Wiggins, Dray, or Klay for Harris, a future first and a future swap.
Bruh lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Hayward with new robot ankles
A guy that I like more than most is DeAndre Hunter down in Atlanta. Looks like the Hawks just recommitted to him though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias Harris is a great fit for you guys. And an added bonus I get to root for you to have a miserable regular season that has the Warriors panicked to add efficient scoring and rebounding.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are 76ers willing to give up Paul Reed? Wolves are always willing to give up a few 1sts for a center!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias Harris is a great fit for you guys. And an added bonus I get to root for you to have a miserable regular season that has the Warriors panicked to add efficient scoring and rebounding.
Respect for the troll but lol still

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start by saying I don't really want Levine. But how many teams do you see going on all in for him? Specifically what teams? Boston, Milwaukee, Clippers, Lakers are all a no almost certainly. So now you are talking about teams like the Hawks, Cavs, Heat, and other such teams.

The big difference for the Sixers is that they can wait until the offseason and sign someone out of space. So teams like the Bulls will realize that they can't let it run into the offseason or they may lose the player and get nothing in return.

Lavine is under contract for like 3 more season (big deal). So the Bulls dont risk anything by letting him play it out (another reason why thinking of being able to get him for nothing but picks is a pipe dream).

The space that the 76ers can create is what I would expect Morey to do. The players you just got is probably the team that the 76ers roll with for this year. Maybe one or two super low value additions that cost nothing more than a couple of completely meaningless 2nd rounders.

The 76ers have so few assets that the best way to take advantage of the ones they do is likely going to be to add via the offseason with cap space.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a few more early season trades and don't have to wait for the trade deadline.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Arrested Development fans

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are 76ers willing to give up Paul Reed? Wolves are always willing to give up a few 1sts for a center!
Probably. I swear he’s not a center and they’re playing him out of position.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't really change the outlook for the Clippers much imo. Their success still comes down to if Kawhi and PG are healthy. Since they've been on the Clippers, whenever those two play, they are REALLY good regardless of what the surrounding cast looks like. This issue is they're really both healthy for an extended period of time. Harden doesn't really change that. He'll boost them in the regular season and if history keeps pace, he'll shrink in the playoffs, but then it still comes down to if Kawhi and PG are there to bail him out. So no matter how you cut it, the Clips success still comes down to Kawhi and PG being healthy for 2 months straight in the post-season.

For Philly, its a plus that they can move on from the situation but that's about it. This changes nothing on court for them as the well was already poisoned with Harden to where he was never coming back and there was no return they were gonna get that would boost their roster. Their biggest concern now is doing everything they can to keep Embiid happy, which is essentially where they were had Harden never got upset because Embiid wants to win a championship and Philly was/is gonna have to keep making moves to show Embiid they're going for it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won this deal. You’re the moron.
The 2028 pick is great, but your team did nothing to help itself for this season. Could have at least gotten Norm Powell...

If the team doesn't perform this year, there's no telling free agents will even want to come to Philly.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2028 pick is great, but your team did nothing to help itself for this season. Could have at least gotten Norm Powell...

If the team doesn't perform this year, there's no telling free agents will even want to come to Philly.
The Sixers are a 50 win basketball team if they don’t make a move. They will make a move because they want to placate Embiid. A second move is coming this summer as they add on. At a minimum, they get minutes from Batum who will fit well with this squad. They get a better version of both Maxey and Tobias Harris without Harden on the floor. They also improved their head coach and their system. Things are looking up for the Sixers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2028 pick is great, but your team did nothing to help itself YET for this season. Could have at least gotten Norm Powell...

FIFY. Need a bit of patience, may have to wait until January to aggregate salary with the picks for help this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't really change the outlook for the Clippers much imo. Their success still comes down to if Kawhi and PG are healthy. Since they've been on the Clippers, whenever those two play, they are REALLY good regardless of what the surrounding cast looks like. This issue is they're really both healthy for an extended period of time. Harden doesn't really change that. He'll boost them in the regular season and if history keeps pace, he'll shrink in the playoffs, but then it still comes down to if Kawhi and PG are there to bail him out. So no matter how you cut it, the Clips success still comes down to Kawhi and PG being healthy for 2 months straight in the post-season.

For Philly, its a plus that they can move on from the situation but that's about it. This changes nothing on court for them as the well was already poisoned with Harden to where he was never coming back and there was no return they were gonna get that would boost their roster. Their biggest concern now is doing everything they can to keep Embiid happy, which is essentially where they were had Harden never got upset because Embiid wants to win a championship and Philly was/is gonna have to keep making moves to show Embiid they're going for it.

I think I would have preferred a Brogdon trade for the Clips, but wouldn't hurt my feelings to see this blow up on them.

That said, of course they completed this trade in time to get Harden ready to play Wednesday vs the Lakers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little late to the party so apologies if this has already been discussed, but do we know if either Harden or Westbrook are going to be completely content being a #4 option?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little late to the party so apologies if this has already been discussed, but do we know if either Harden or Westbrook are going to be completely content being a #4 option?
This likely sends Westbrook to the bench with reduced minutes.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think Leonard and George signed off on the deal and they at least think they have a plan. I doubt they are too concerned what Westbrook thinks but it seems to me that he and Harden will split ball handling.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have preferred a Brogdon trade for the Clips, but wouldn't hurt my feelings to see this blow up on them.

That said, of course they completed this trade in time to get Harden ready to play Wednesday vs the Lakers.
Not sure Harden will even be in uniform on Wednesday, but PJ might be.

The Clippers (2-1) start a back-to-back set in Los Angeles against the Magic on Tuesday before facing the Lakers on Wednesday. The Clippers have four days off after that back-to-back for coach Tyronn Lue to incorporate Harden and Tucker before opening a three-game road trip in New York against the Knicks on Monday.

On that road trip, Harden could play his former Nets team in Brooklyn on Wednesday before the Clippers finish the swing at Dallas next Friday.

Last edited: