• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Harden Traded to the LA Clippers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are a 50 win basketball team if they don’t make a move. They will make a move because they want to placate Embiid. A second move is coming this summer as they add on. At a minimum, they get minutes from Batum who will fit well with this squad. They get a better version of both Maxey and Tobias Harris without Harden on the floor. They also improved their head coach and their system. Things are looking up for the Sixers.

The Sixers are a deeper team right now. Batum, RoCo, and Martin will all be in the rotation. If they can make a move during the season to get a star, great. Otherwise they roll with this team to a 50+ win team and probably get knocked out in the conference semis or finals.

Or maybe move one of them for Hield.

But then go for whatever FAs are out there in the offseason.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's vs the Lakers, they will make sure it happens lol.
You replied before I added this from the trade article....

The Clippers (2-1) start a back-to-back set in Los Angeles against the Magic on Tuesday before facing the Lakers on Wednesday. The Clippers have four days off after that back-to-back for coach Tyronn Lue to incorporate Harden and Tucker before opening a three-game road trip in New York against the Knicks on Monday.

On that road trip, Harden could play his former Nets team in Brooklyn on Wednesday before the Clippers finish the swing at Dallas next Friday.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? @Mecca @fightinfunbags

My Condolences to Mecca -

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Harden the biggest p@ssy/baby in sports history?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are a deeper team right now. Batum, RoCo, and Martin will all be in the rotation. If they can make a move during the season to get a star, great. Otherwise they roll with this team to a 50+ win team and probably get knocked out in the conference semis or finals.

Or maybe move one of them for Hield.

But then go for whatever FAs are out there in the offseason.
I'm thinking round 2.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got 2 firsts and a pick swap which is better than Mann. You said Morey was delusional. It’s time for you to take ownership of the fact that you don’t know value in the NBA when it comes to moving players.

Sixers get 2 firsts, 2 2nds, and a 2029 Clippers pick swap. That swap could be very valuable. And they took on no more years and they actually shed 22 million in Tucker. Morey did great here:

Morey did very well.

It is a drastic overpay by the Clippers to get an aging malcontent ball hog who doesn’t fit their roster.

Desperation move.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are the Clippers doing? That team is fucked, with Westbrook and Harden.

I feel bad for Paul George.

Paul George isn’t exactly a proven winner either.

Russ isn’t the issue. He has been great playing his role since he got in LAC.

I can’t comprehend why the Clippers would want Harden considering they already have Russ.

Doesn’t make sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George isn’t exactly a proven winner either.

Russ isn’t the issue. He has been great playing his role since he got in LAC.

I can’t comprehend why the Clippers would want Harden considering they already have Russ.

Doesn’t make sense.

That was my question about this yesterday. They brought in a guy who needs the ball a lot when they already have 3.

I heard the Clippers color analyst talking about how he played unselfishly in Philly last year and was more of a distributor and how well that'll work with the Clippers.

I'm laughing listening to him and thinking..."Yeah, until the 2nd half of the season when he decided he wanted to be the "old James Harden" again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question about this yesterday. They brought in a guy who needs the ball a lot when they already have 3.

I heard the Clippers color analyst talking about how he played unselfishly in Philly last year and was more of a distributor and how well that'll work with the Clippers.

I'm laughing listening to him and thinking..."Yeah, until the 2nd half of the season when he decided he wanted to be the "old James Harden" again.
Not sure how valid but Doc Rivers said the tipping point came when he didn’t get picked for the All Star team. He internalized that as “fuck it! I have to do old Harden things”.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how valid but Doc Rivers said the tipping point came when he didn’t get picked for the All Star team. He internalized that as “fuck it! I have to do old Harden things”.

It was right about that time that he changed how he was playing, so it makes as much sense as anything. Had to have been frustrating as hell for Doc trying to coach with that going on.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was right about that time that he changed how he was playing, so it makes as much sense as anything. Had to have been frustrating as hell for Doc trying to coach with that going on.
Thinking back though, I don’t think he really did change up that much on the court. His shots per game didn’t change. His assists per game didn’t change. I’m not in the locker room but from what I’ve read his attitude and coachabilty changed.