• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost a Ted Ginn type of play against StL last year, although with all due respect to Ginn, that toss pitch was horrible which makes this one more alarming. :bullshit:

Oh man- that play brings back some bad memories! I'm thinking the 49ers will be quite prepared for the Rams this season after the tie and loss last year (together with the off season chatter of the Rams being aware of 49er's players tipping off their plays courtesy of Dahl).

On Jenkins, I don't like posting all negative things in regards to him- but that seems like that's all we've been hearing so far. He needs to pull it together here pretty damn quickly!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man- that play brings back some bad memories! I'm thinking the 49ers will be quite prepared for the Rams this season after the tie and loss last year (together with the off season chatter of the Rams being aware of 49er's players tipping off their plays courtesy of Dahl).

On Jenkins, I don't like posting all negative things in regards to him- but that seems like that's all we've been hearing so far. He needs to pull it together here pretty damn quickly!

I think it'd be really cool to win the game with that play again, but successful this time. But I'd rather win it early and get some rest, avoid injury.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew he was a dud from the minute we drafted him. Just like last year, I don't even count him when I'm looking at the receiver corps this year.

I didn't do it intentionally, but I was thinking about it earlier and he didn't factor in either. However, I'm an optimist so I keep expecting him to work out and people to have egg on their face for questioning Harbaalke, even if people do recognize their overall talent evaluations as being good.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As to the Dahl thing, I don't know why that's an insult. It may be fact or fiction and if fact, now we know. It isn't like arrogance that they are so good that they didn't know what was going to happen and still stopped us. If they had a cheat sheet, then that explains their success; we'll take away the cheat sheet. It would actually have been a good thing if this hadn't come out - the Rams would come, thinking they have the cheat sheet and fall on their faces.

I don't know about you, but if I figured things out, I'd act like I didn't know (not to teammates, but to the other team). I'd be mad at Dahl for saying anything if I were the Rams (as I'd want to go back to that well), but also, not mad because I'd expect him to say something to his new team. Again, though, if Dahl didn't let the Rams know what he told us, maybe they'd overlook it and think we hadn't figured it out (though you might just assume that he would). What he said and it getting to the media, nah, don't care.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who would have thought we could draft a receiver worst the Rashaun Woods???

AJ Jenkins is turning out to be the worst receiver ever drafted in the 1st round.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 1 bad pick what about all the good picks. U are going to end up with a bad pick every once in awhile.
Lets talk about the great picks like Kap, Aldon Smith, Iupati, A. Davis, Bowman, Willis, V. Davis, T. Brown, Boone, Gore, Crabtree.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
who would have thought we could draft a receiver worst the Rashaun Woods???

AJ Jenkins is turning out to be the worst receiver ever drafted in the 1st round.

And Janoris Jenkins & Cordy Glenn were right there for the taking. :mad2:

I will never understand that pick from one of the better GMs in the NFL. I thought it was nuts the second I heard his name called. I guess sometimes even the best ones try to get too cute.

If he can be the next Denarius Moore I'd probably be happy with that at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PurGuy I am really confused on how your 3 favorite teams are the Yankees, the Bulls and 49ers?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PurGuy I am really confused on how your 3 favorite teams are the Yankees, the Bulls and 49ers?

Ever heard of the 90's? :)

lol I was just going to say this

From an earlier thread:

How did you get New York (Yankees), Chicago (Bulls), and San Francisco (Niners) as your teams? Move a lot? Love bandwagons? Just love winners? Just kidding, but I am interested in knowing if you'd care to share.

He picks the best teams out of the east, mid west, & west

Im from NJ so Yankees and Devils is an wasy one. 49ers- My father was a Big 49ers fan but more then that his fav player was Joe Montana so I became a fan of the 49ers and he showed me video of Joe Montana on ND and became a ND fan ever since. Bulls fan well i started watching basketball alot when MJ was playing and I loved how the Bulls did their Intro before each game. I became a UNC fan because MJ was my Fav player. Hence UNC fan in basketball.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/3206764-post9.html

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Bball, i have no problems with his taste in teams...

Purguy12 is obviously a well informed and coordinated fan..... duh!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 1 bad pick what about all the good picks. U are going to end up with a bad pick every once in awhile.
Lets talk about the great picks like Kap, Aldon Smith, Iupati, A. Davis, Bowman, Willis, V. Davis, T. Brown, Boone, Gore, Crabtree.

In the Harbaalke era, Aldon & Kaep are the winners(same draft class), the following draft class isn't really looking sharp(unless thats Kilgore but i cant recall...) outside of LMJ IIRC. Last yr's class though, I believe we are all excited since it provides depth, youth with exceptional potential(Tank, Lattimore...)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AJ just needs a couple good plays in the first preseason game to get some confidence. He has the talent and just needs to believe he can do it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting that. i didnt feel like going over all that again. Well I think this years class will make up for last years class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if Cam Johnson becomes a player then the class will look better

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone watch inside training camp today? When they were discussing the 49ers they said only 2 people were able to get open deep at will. Vernon Davis and AJ Jenkins. They also said he caught a deep pass behind the whole secondary for a TD today. No news about that anywhere else.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anquan Boldin - WR - 49ers

Anquan Boldin has "definitely" been Colin Kaepernick's go-to receiver in training camp.

It's not as if Kaepernick has a lot of other options, but it's a promising sign that the duo has developed a strong connection even before the preseason. Although Boldin is a player in decline — his separation skills have all but vanished — he should be a worthy WR3 in his new home.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jul 30 - 6:39 PM