• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the Dahl thing, I don't know why that's an insult. It may be fact or fiction and if fact, now we know. It isn't like arrogance that they are so good that they didn't know what was going to happen and still stopped us. If they had a cheat sheet, then that explains their success; we'll take away the cheat sheet. It would actually have been a good thing if this hadn't come out - the Rams would come, thinking they have the cheat sheet and fall on their faces.

I don't know about you, but if I figured things out, I'd act like I didn't know (not to teammates, but to the other team). I'd be mad at Dahl for saying anything if I were the Rams (as I'd want to go back to that well), but also, not mad because I'd expect him to say something to his new team. Again, though, if Dahl didn't let the Rams know what he told us, maybe they'd overlook it and think we hadn't figured it out (though you might just assume that he would). What he said and it getting to the media, nah, don't care.

I agree- I wish it wouldn't have come out. Its more beneficial to know without the Rams knowing the 49ers know.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PurGuy I am really confused on how your 3 favorite teams are the Yankees, the Bulls and 49ers?

many people don't live in Cities with professional teams, so we don't follow the home teams 'as far back as I can remember'. MAYBE this is the case here?

don't recall how I started liking the 49ers myself, do know it was via TV (not father, uncle, etc.) and it goes back 'as far as I can remember'. to give a reference point, John Brodie was the QB.

similarly with NBA, my team is the NY Knicks via TV. granted, not a 'hard core' Knick fan by any means.

my baseball team is the Giants but not because of the 49ers. my little league team was the SF Giants. :-)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis - TE - 49ers

49ers OC Greg Roman believes Vernon Davis has "really taken it up to a new level."

Roman's comments come the same day the Sacramento Bee called Davis the most consistent deep threat in 49ers camp. Davis is an annual offseason superstar who doesn't always produce as a TE1, but there's almost no way he isn't going to be an integral part of the 49ers' aerial attack this season.
Source: 49ers on Twitter

Jul 31 - 2:59 PM

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@MaioccoCSN: 49ers DL Ray McDonald: "Nothing against Isaac (Sopoaga) or Ricky (Jean Francois), but we think he (Ian Williams) is an upgrade."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
@MaioccoCSN: 49ers DL Ray McDonald: "Nothing against Isaac (Sopoaga) or Ricky (Jean Francois), but we think he (Ian Williams) is an upgrade."

Now that would be a pleasant surprise I'm not buying until I see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

even so, does he need to mention the two other guys?

anyways, obviously a good sign when your teammate believes in you. the entire Unit is better for it.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anyways, obviously a good sign when your teammate believes in you. the entire Unit is better for it.

I think he should mention them, he has respect for them and has worked with them, I think it is appropriate to preempt his comment with "no offense".

I am really excited over the Williams development. No wonder the team didn't go for a NT in the offseason.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BenVolin: Source says WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BenVolin: Source says WR Laurent Robinson is working out for the #49ers tomorrow

This is one of those thing where I am glad they recognize they have a problem at WR but pissed they have a problem at WR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he should mention them, he has respect for them and has worked with them, I think it is appropriate to preempt his comment with "no offense".

I am really excited over the Williams development. No wonder the team didn't go for a NT in the offseason.

ok that's fine.

if I was Sop or RJF, "no offense" doesn't make it ok, cause don't see how "no offense" is indicating he has respect for me? i'd still be thinking of the "Williams is an upgrade" part.

lets try some more........no offense, but he can fun faster than you.......no offense, but he out jump and out shoot you.......no offense, but his girl friend makes you wife look like a mutt............no offense.......

point is.....you think of the tail end, not "no offense" and how respectful he is.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have a problem because of Crabtree's injury. If Crabtree is healthy then we are looking quite good at WR.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Cool! There's not a lot left in FA that appeals to me but he's one of only two WRs that I mentioned last week that I'd advocate signing if they wanted someone, assuming he's healthy. He's a good fit on the surface from a schematic and need standpoint in my opinion. He'd have been a 49er right out of college had I gotten my way. Sammie Stroughter was the other guy but he's a much longer long shot to expect anything out of early on than Robinson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind the Robinson pick up. He is only 2 years away from being a big part of the Dallas offense. Only Negative is he gets injured.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collie and Robinson both have concussion issues......

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it is really disappointing that our own guys can't fill the void. AJ Jenkins is a major disappointment, that pick is going to haunt me for a long time.

I am happy that we are looking at WR's. We can look at trading for Riley Cooper ;) kidding

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Isn't it more disrespectful to just say "we've upgraded at NT" without mentioning Sop and RJF? It isn't as if people wouldn't be able to connect the dots and know he's saying that we've upgraded over Sop and RJF without mentioning their names.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok that's fine.

if I was Sop or RJF, "no offense" doesn't make it ok, cause don't see how "no offense" is indicating he has respect for me? i'd still be thinking of the "Williams is an upgrade" part.

lets try some more........no offense, but he can fun faster than you.......no offense, but he out jump and out shoot you.......no offense, but his girl friend makes you wife look like a mutt............no offense.......

point is.....you think of the tail end, not "no offense" and how respectful he is.

So again, if the quote was simply "we've upgraded at nose tackle" and you're RJF or Sop, do you not take it as disrespectful?