• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wouldn't want to hurt these guys' little feelings.

85qe.jpg

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I wouldn't mind if Raaaaaaandy was back on the radar, I'd take him over Lloyd or Owens. But don't mind me, I'm a pretty big Moss homer.

MzEwMTMwbm9Beml6LUFuc2FyaS1SYWFhYWFhYWFuZHk=.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it more disrespectful to just say "we've upgraded at NT" without mentioning Sop and RJF? It isn't as if people wouldn't be able to connect the dots and know he's saying that we've upgraded over Sop and RJF without mentioning their names.

I think more people would miss that as a comparison and fewer would make this out to be a problem, but yes, it'd be saying the same thing, but an attempt to be nice about it.

I get the point as most times when someone says "with all due respect" or "no offence intended" it is usually followed by something that could seem to be disrespectful or offensive, but without saying those disclaimers, it's the same message. It becomes a level of form over substance, in a way.

I don't think saying those make it worse nor better, in terms of get out of jail free card - in other words, depending on what is said, it either is or is not offensive, even with the disclaimers. It's like saying, "he sucks" could better be said "he struggled to find a way to consistently succeed" than "he's a nice guy, but he sucks". There also is the middle ground way of just saying that we're good at NT and as a defense we're better this year. Yada yada PC yada yada more PC yada yada.

Besides, if you leave the team, unless I personally am a fan, I don't really care who is insulted. If those two retired, maybe I'd care more?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
39 days......

Damnit. Here I was thinking we were so close and now 39 days sounds so far away, not close. In my mind, I felt about 15 days? Maybe the preseason will make it go faster.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
MHSL82;3356299[B said:
]I think more people would miss that as a comparison and fewer would make this out to be a problem,[/B] but yes, it'd be saying the same thing, but an attempt to be nice about it.

I get the point as most times when someone says "with all due respect" or "no offence intended" it is usually followed by something that could seem to be disrespectful or offensive, but without saying those disclaimers, it's the same message. It becomes a level of form over substance, in a way.

I don't think saying those make it worse nor better, in terms of get out of jail free card - in other words, depending on what is said, it either is or is not offensive, even with the disclaimers. It's like saying, "he sucks" could better be said "he struggled to find a way to consistently succeed" than "he's a nice guy, but he sucks". There also is the middle ground way of just saying that we're good at NT and as a defense we're better this year. Yada yada PC yada yada more PC yada yada.

Besides, if you leave the team, unless I personally am a fan, I don't really care who is insulted. If those two retired, maybe I'd care more?

From what I can tell, there is one person making this into any sort of problem. Are you saying that if McDonald didn't mention names, deep wouldn't have known what he was talking about?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in the Willis news... Nnamdi recorded his first camp INT today against Kaepernick. Also had a nice pass break-up against Boldin from a McCoy pass. There is a link somewhere but, I'll just sum it up... he batted the ball from Kaep and then hauled it in with Harbaugh saying, "Nice play Nnamdi"

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell, there is one person making this into any sort of problem. Are you saying that if McDonald didn't mention names, deep wouldn't have known what he was talking about?

Wow. I thought deep was talking about it because it was a new thing that people were complaining about. I check here more than anywhere else. If not a big deal and this is just a deep argument, then nevermind.

I was saying that if a lot of people were freaking out like they were about the Dolphins thing (well, maybe not that many), THEN naming RJF and Soap made it bigger than just saying the position was updated. Many, under that hypothetical, IMO, wouldn't pay much attention to it. They could also take updated in the same way as refreshing the internet window - changed. (I didn't read the context or article - just deep's talk about "no offense" and subsequent argument.) But naming the two players removes that definition because "no offense" suggests a comparison, not just a reference to big change. Had I read the reporter's question, I might have figured it out and never posted.

But as a deep complaint, and really only him, then yeah, naming them really shouldn't have had any effect or difference.

Not a good day in the department of clarity, understanding, or being thorough in reading. Had a bit of other stuff to do today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Lloyd if we can sign him. He is still productive and he is a year or 2 away when he had a big year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nnamdi is having a great camp so far and some say he looks like the best CB on the team. We might have found a true #1. I loved this pick up when we got him. He was bad on Philly because of the D that they played. Him and Brown would be a nice Duo and throw in Rogers as the Slot. I do think 1 of the CB will get cut.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lost in the Willis news... Nnamdi recorded his first camp INT today against Kaepernick. Also had a nice pass break-up against Boldin from a McCoy pass. There is a link somewhere but, I'll just sum it up... he batted the ball from Kaep and then hauled it in with Harbaugh saying, "Nice play Nnamdi"

Nnamdi is having a great camp so far and some say he looks like the best CB on the team. We might have found a true #1. I loved this pick up when we got him. He was bad on Philly because of the D that they played. Him and Brown would be a nice Duo and throw in Rogers as the Slot. I do think 1 of the CB will get cut.

Indeed thus far Nnamdi having a good showing

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ughhhh. Maiocco:

CB Chris Culliver sustains left knee injury, is carted off field.

Eric Branch adds :

[...] Culliver was in tears as he left practice field.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ughhhh. Maiocco:

CB Chris Culliver sustains left knee injury, is carted off field.

Eric Branch adds :

[...] Culliver was in tears as he left practice field.

I just saw this too, not good but we should be ok with our depth

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hate to see that man. Not good news no matter who it happens to. I thought Culliver was going to bounce back like K. Williams did at the beginning of last year. Looks like I was right but with an injury not good play. The injuries have been pretty brutal so far.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whelp I guess Rodgers roster spot is secure and we might wind up giving Wright another call.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp I guess Rodgers roster spot is secure and we might wind up giving Wright another call.

Yeah, wasn't he on the chopping block because of his bloated salary?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are starting to get hit with injuries. Not good boys. It might be one of those years were we get hit. Thats football.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need Willis to be healthy before the start of the year. Damn injuries. Not good