• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Training Camp News, Rumors, Transactions and Injuries

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear me out.
Looking at Josh Jones positively, he showed development last year.
However, he was not ranked in top 32 tackles.

It is time to consider tackles but we let Wynn go who is a decent LT?
People are talking about him developing into a very good tackle!

The irony!

I think you meant Wind, b/c what I saw was everyone blowing past him. Not sure what others see but he looses his feet pretty fast

Why facepalm me. Who are you talking about? I was not watching with you!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the Miami game.
Wynn, apparently is the only one left of 4 LG's and will start the season as a left guard by default.
Miami websites are saying nothing about his performance.
You saying he did not look good warms my heart!

Back to Josh Jones. Does anybody think that he will turn into a late-blooming left tackle now?
So far the reporters are talking highly of him but he has not done anything to date to make me want him as a Patriot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Josh Jones. Does anybody think that he will turn into a late-blooming left tackle now?
So far the reporters are talking highly of him but he has not done anything to date to make me want him as a Patriot.
If Owenue can't get back, 'I' think he might be a darn good RG. Experienced enough to allow Siddy Sow to play RT

On the other hand, there will be a shit ton of OL's cut who can picked up without paying a draft pick.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Owenue can't get back, 'I' think he might be a darn good RG. Experienced enough to allow Siddy Sow to play RT

On the other hand, there will be a shit ton of OL's cut who can picked up without paying a draft pick.
We are still weak at LT. We have guards. We might end up playing guards at tackle - for better or worse.
I'm still curious about the 2 workouts you posted earlier.

Sidt Sow might just make it at tackle but he might not. Getting close to the season to not know..
We do know that Josh Jones is not highly regarded at tackle but was graded at draft to eventually be a plus starter.
He's playing out his rookie contract - just like Wynn did, and we gave up on Wynn

Seems we are going to have to reinvent the wheel moving forward......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still weak at LT. We have guards. We might end up playing guards at tackle - for better or worse.
I'm still curious about the 2 workouts you posted earlier.
We've known since the end of the 2022 season that there was a serious need of an upgrade on the O line. We discussed drafting an OT who could start as nauseum last February through Free Agency and seven rounds of the draft. Here we are in the third week of August and glaring need since February has not been addressed. Draft guys in the later rounds of the draft is really hoping against hope that one might be able to develop into a player. Can someone please explain to me why Bill Belichick did not address this?

Was it because he felt that he could pluck a winner on the third day of the draft?

Was it because he figured RT could be filled by McDermott if none of the draft picks worked out?

Or worse case, did he let his distaste for the media and fans allow BB's ego to say, "I'm the head coach and GM and no one is going to tell me who I draft or pick up?

We all bitch about Mac not having the legs to get out of trouble. As many faults as he "might" have, he still needs the five guys in front of him to stop four other guys from taking away his lunch money.

Note: How difficult is it for another team to move their best DE from the left side, dealing with T. Brown to the right side to deal with Siddy Sow? If you're Matthew Judon, you're lickin' your chops to spend the day rushing against a rookie trying to play a new position.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me why Bill Belichick did not address this?
Bill was busy addressing the needs of the entire team and not just one glaring area. Sometimes you have different needs comparing for the same resources (money), sometimes you have certain criteria and you need to compete in getting players with those criteria (draft, free agency). My guess is the issue with Bill isn't "I forgot".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill was busy addressing the needs of the entire team and not just one glaring area. Sometimes you have different needs comparing for the same resources (money), sometimes you have certain criteria and you need to compete in getting players with those criteria (draft, free agency). My guess is the issue with Bill isn't "I forgot".
I don't disagree 100%. The problem is that there shouldn't be a problem today knowing that there was a problem back seven months ago.

Simple example. Your family uses a toaster oven every day at least five times. The door won't stay closed because it's worn out. So, do you keep a roll of tape near the toaster over so you can tape the door closed or do you buy a new toaster oven? So you decide to buy a new toaster oven.
Do you buy the five star Cuisinart that's large enough to cook a thirty pound turkey or do you buy the three and a half star Black & Decker because you only use it for toasting bread and reheating leftover pizza slices? Or do you buy $19.99 Chinese model and figure it will be good enough?

Right now we seem to be flipping between the $19.99 model and a roll of masking tape.

We could have gone for a Cuisibart in free agency pr a Black &Decker in the first round of the draft. Bill traded out and bought the cheap model. Now we're all hoping that everyone on the assembly line was have their best day at work.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree 100%. The problem is that there shouldn't be a problem today knowing that there was a problem back seven months ago.

Simple example. Your family uses a toaster oven every day at least five times. The door won't stay closed because it's worn out. So, do you keep a roll of tape near the toaster over so you can tape the door closed or do you buy a new toaster oven? So you decide to buy a new toaster oven.
Do you buy the five star Cuisinart that's large enough to cook a thirty pound turkey or do you buy the three and a half star Black & Decker because you only use it for toasting bread and reheating leftover pizza slices? Or do you buy $19.99 Chinese model and figure it will be good enough?

Right now we seem to be flipping between the $19.99 model and a roll of masking tape.

We could have gone for a Cuisibart in free agency pr a Black &Decker in the first round of the draft. Bill traded out and bought the cheap model. Now we're all hoping that everyone on the assembly line was have their best day at work.
Most teams in the NFL want another OT.
NFL ready tackles are just not there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound too serious as he stayed around practice. No mention of walking boot or even ice. Fingers crossed

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound too serious as he stayed around practice. No mention of walking boot or even ice. Fingers crossed
Ohh am I am pretty sure they will ice it. :). But you are correct if they did not rush him off for X Rays it appears to be minor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh am I am pretty sure they will ice it. :). But you are correct if they did not rush him off for X Rays it appears to be minor.
Routinely you want to ice the effected area right away to reduce swelling. Especially if they intend to xray it?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports Rumor:

Colt McCoy was cut by the Cardinals today and is reportedly on a flight to New England.