• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers put in Saloon Doors at the back entrance of their locker room.

saloon-doors.jpg

That is awesome.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Front 7 is going really nasty this year. I think we are better then last year. With Johnson and iam Williams. When we signed Aso I was one that said this was a great pick and got killed on the ESPN boards. I tried to explain to people he will be a top 15 CB for us because he will be in a system that fits him better. He isn't a Zone guy. He is a physical CB so when you go Zone you cant play like that.

I really hope this turns out great for us. With our front 7 and u give us a Shut down CB in Aso and a nice #3 in Brown watch out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tank and Johnson/Lemon can rotate in and be productive then I think our front 7 will be improved.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to laugh that Grant is so petty and still so upset about the Jenkins selection that he has a special section devoted to Jenkins in his training camp day wrap ups. Every time Jenkins makes a mistake I'm sure Grant pumps his fist and can't wait to write it down on his blog.

I'm just surprised he doesn't put up how Fleener is doing as well.

I'm sure we'll hear about every bad play Jenkins makes in camp. Barrows has posted a couple things alluding to Jenkins struggling so far as well. He will mention when he does something well though. Separation isn't the problem for Jenkins, but having confidence in his hands and setting DB's up seems to be an issue to this point. I'm hoping Boldin can spend some serious time with him, because he has great hands and is excellent at setting DB's up.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its early, but AJ doesn't seem to be catching on......

"THE JENKINS

Here is everything A.J. Jenkins did today.

5. His final play of 11-on-11s, Jenkins lined up at split end and motioned behind Daniels in the Pistol. Daniels ran the triple option, faking the inside handoff to a running back and then sprinting to the right with Jenkins. Daniels flipped a perfect pitch but Jenkins dropped it. Culliver recovered it and ran it into the end zone."

Inside the 49ers | Training camp report: Eric Reid?s breakout day | The Press Democrat, Santa Rosa, CA

Almost a Ted Ginn type of play against StL last year, although with all due respect to Ginn, that toss pitch was horrible which makes this one more alarming. :bullshit:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. Jenkins - WR - 49ers

According to CSN Bay Area, 2012 first-round pick A.J. Jenkins has "not distinguished himself" through the 49ers' first four camp practices.

The fact that Jenkins "has remained healthy" is the most positive thing beat writer Matt Maiocco had to say about him. Per Maiocco, Jenkins did not have a single reception in 11-on-11 drills during Sunday's workout, and behind Anquan Boldin "none of the other receivers stepped forward in the first four practices." Jenkins is no more than a late-round flier in 2013 fantasy drafts.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jul 29 - 6:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darius Fleming - LB - Free Agent

49ers waived/injured LB Darius Fleming (knee).

Fleming tore his ACL during his rookie minicamp last season and then tore the same ligament again on Monday. The Notre Dame product's career is in jeopardy. The Niners will sign Travis Johnson to take Fleming's place on the 90-man roster.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Jul 30 - 12:35 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frank Gore - RB - 49ers

Running backs coach Tom Rathman said Frank Gore has "still got some youth left in him."

Gore turned 30 in May, but the Niners have no plans to scale back his workload. "Look at him when he runs," Rathman said. "He still has the same moves as he's always had. He's a tremendous football player." Gore said he's "not ready to pass the baton" after averaging a hefty 4.70 YPC last season. Running behind one of the game's best run-blocking lines, the floor here remains high.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Jul 30 - 12:46 PM

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darius Fleming - LB - Free Agent

49ers waived/injured LB Darius Fleming (knee).

Fleming tore his ACL during his rookie minicamp last season and then tore the same ligament again on Monday. The Notre Dame product's career is in jeopardy. The Niners will sign Travis Johnson to take Fleming's place on the 90-man roster.
Source: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Jul 30 - 12:35 PM

Damn shame on Fleming was hoping he would turn into a player for us but that doesn't seem possible now. On a brighter note this should give Moody a great chance to stick with the team an the more FSU players on the 49ers the better IMO

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn shame on Fleming was hoping he would turn into a player for us but that doesn't seem possible now. On a brighter note this should give Moody a great chance to stick with the team an the more FSU players on the 49ers the better IMO

:agree::10:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows

Practice update: both AJ Jenkins & Kassim Osgood have left field with apparent hamstring tweaks. Kyle Williams (hamstring) not practicing.

Man we are down to like 3 WRs right now

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

49ers rookie WR Quinton Patton has been limited to non-contact drills by a broken finger.

It hasn't been a good summer for the parade of 49ers receivers fighting to start opposite Anquan Boldin. It's unknown when Patton might be cleared for contact, but it should be soon. It will only really be a concern if Patton misses preseason games. At least for the moment, Patton isn't looking like an appealing late-round flier.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Jul 30 - 3:40 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that, that's the worst report on him I've read so far. I hate to see that as a wasted 1st round pick.

Knew he was a dud from the minute we drafted him. Just like last year, I don't even count him when I'm looking at the receiver corps this year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Jenkins, I was hoping he would prove me wrong but it looks as if I was right on the money with this one. Lets hope by the time games start that he'll be ready to contribute in some form. Just a straight up disappointment especially considering that we could have had Hill.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
clearly disappointing to this point, but haven't given up on him yet. doesn't look like he'll be the "#2 WR" any time soon, but maybe he can still contribute?

we'll see?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chad Hall becomes the #2 we are in Big trouble. Time to sign a Vet WR. Still a couple of good ones left. Hurry up Niners.

As for Jenkins being a bust. Its ok we hit alot of home runs as of late. 1 bad pick.