• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Reid is going to stick with #35, I had heard that it was temporary until a better number becomes available but one would think that he would have bought a new number by now.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read (twitter reports from Barrows and Maiocco) that Nnamdi looks like his old self now that pads have came on, he's been very impressive. Look for him to take Rogers spot on the outside as starting corner. Also I have read that Cox has looked better than Rogers in the slot, this doesn't bode well for Rogers.

Asomugha Embraces 49ers Culture

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
From everything I've read (twitter reports from Barrows and Maiocco) that Nnamdi looks like his old self now that pads have came on, he's been very impressive. Look for him to take Rogers spot on the outside as starting corner. Also I have read that Cox has looked better than Rogers in the slot, this doesn't bode well for Rogers.

Asomugha Embraces 49ers Culture

Nice! Maybe 3 million dollars with zero of it guaranteed gives him more motivation to work hard than 60 million with 25 guaranteed.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Maybe 3 million dollars with zero of it guaranteed gives him more motivation to work hard than 60 million with 25 guaranteed.

I think it also helps that he is back in his comfort zone and his personal life is where he wants it to be too. He gets to play man and press coverage again instead of zone, he's back in California, and he just got married.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it also helps that he is back in his comfort zone and his personal life is where he wants it to be too. He gets to play man and press coverage again instead of zone, he's back in California, and he just got married.

This. Although I think the situation has significantly more to do with the style of defense that he is playing in then what state he is in. Sure he would rather play in Cali but he is a professional and will play his best wherever. I just don't think he is a great fit for a scheme that relies mostly on the zone. He was a very good CB with the Raiders (I was never a HUGE fan and always liked Revis better) if he regains his old form then that will be a great upgrade over Rogers.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Although I think the situation has significantly more to do with the style of defense that he is playing in then what state he is in. Sure he would rather play in Cali but he is a professional and will play his best wherever. I just don't think he is a great fit for a scheme that relies mostly on the zone. He was a very good CB with the Raiders (I was never a HUGE fan and always liked Revis better) if he regains his old form then that will be a great upgrade over Rogers.

I only brought up the California thing because I read a story that Asomugha would eat his lunch by himself in his car in Philadelphia. Something was going on with him there, maybe he was homesick, personal issues, who knows... but I guess that also falls under not being in his comfort zone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aso will make this team and will be the #CB and wouldnt shock me if he becomes our #2 or #1. I to am hearing good things about him. He is very physical and can play man to man against teams #1s. I loved this pick up when it happen. He played bad with the eagles because they had him in zone 70% of the time. He likes man to man.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Reports are Eric Reid had a very good day today recording his first int. hope things are slowing down for him.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrowsInjury bug bit the 49ers today. LB Darius Fleming hurt is knee, and it appeared serious. Ricardo Lockette suffered hip injury.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Williams had another good day penetrating the oline

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy to see Ian Williams tearing it up at NT. I wasn't entirely sold on Dorsey as NT in the first place and now it seems that we might not even have to test that.

I think Reid starts as FS but it scares me because he is a rookie and I'm not entirely sure that any rookie is ready to start at FS in a top defense. I could be wrong but it still scares me. Another thing that scares me is that it seems to if Reid starts it will be because our other FS' are so inept. Again hopefully I'm wrong and it is encouraging that he had a good day today.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy to see Ian Williams tearing it up at NT. I wasn't entirely sold on Dorsey as NT in the first place and now it seems that we might not even have to test that.

I think Reid starts as FS but it scares me because he is a rookie and I'm not entirely sure that any rookie is ready to start at FS in a top defense. I could be wrong but it still scares me. Another thing that scares me is that it seems to if Reid starts it will be because our other FS' are so inept. Again hopefully I'm wrong and it is encouraging that he had a good day today.

The best part about Williams starting at NT is it allows Dorsey to rotate through the whole D Line giving us some more depth. I also like Doresy better at DE anyway.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest thing this year is getting a good and effective rotation at the dline!!!