• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Training Camp 1: Jenkins, Dahl, Ian Williams 'starters' as practice starts - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

Ian Williams, NT. Everyone wants to pencil in newcomer Glenn Dorsey as a starter, but it was holdover Williams who lined up next to Justin Smith and Ray McDonald at the start of training camp. Williams received a contract extension and a $1 million bonus this offseason, a reward for the true hustle he's shown in practice and in his very brief game appearances the last few years.

And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he remained in that spot all camp and into the season and never took a big step backwards.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOOTBALL!!!!! Yes!!!

Kyle Williams is the player I am excited to see this year. If he can recover from the injury I think he could be a big factor in the offense!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sounds like Jenkins is still having a rough time.... pretty sad....

He's part of the reason the Niners didn't sign Mike Wallace before the 2012 season (which would've been enough for 'em to win the SB IMO). He's going to have to make a HUGE leap if I'm ever going to like the guy.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's part of the reason the Niners didn't sign Mike Wallace before the 2012 season (which would've been enough for 'em to win the SB IMO). He's going to have to make a HUGE leap if I'm ever going to like the guy.

That's a bit of a stretch. Is there any indication whatsoever that the Niners were ever the least bit interested in Wallace?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a bit of a stretch. Is there any indication whatsoever that the Niners were ever the least bit interested in Wallace?

Also the money he would have commanded this year would have been ridiculous. No way we would have the opportunity to resign Kap, Aldon & Ipuati if we gave Wallace the money he got from the Dolphins.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Jenkins needs to make a huge leap... I dont think Baalke or Harbs can hide it/him anymore... he doesnt it and is on pace to being a bad pick...

Idk about the wallace part though, I will say, whatever money would've been needed should've or should go into the OL... I rather lock up our 2011 firsts(Iupati & Davis) than sign Wallace...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it seems like everyone dropped a couple balls. But it does seem Jenkins is still struggling hopefully we will see the light come on in Preseason.

better be some blinding light LOL...

man, taking him out of nowhere really put him on the edge for my personal approval, hoping to be wrong(again) but that fucker ain't getting it done lol...

lets see what we can see though.... still early obviously, but some sort of praise would've been nice...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Okoye has looked really good since the pads came on. His length has been a real asset.