• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Woj says Portlan'd likely going to waive Varejao. Meaning they're going to buy him out. I think Varejao has to wait about a month before he goes back to the Cavs. Cleveland got better today, can't fault the trade. You weren't going to get a stretch 4 that could play defense, but Frye helps you spread the floor for Lebron and Kyrie.
the truth is with LeBron shooting poorly from 3, and Shumpert shooting worse than last year, they needed another floor stretcher. If frye was shooting well from 3 in Orlando the looks he is going to get in cleveland he wont even be able to believe.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting to hear about the Kings making a move that doesn't include firing a coach. Guess they're going for Pau Gasol, he's good but not gonna put them over the playoff hump imo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting to hear about the Kings making a move that doesn't include firing a coach. Guess they're going for Pau Gasol, he's good but not gonna put them over the playoff hump imo.

George Karl has had the team playing decent this year. No one predicted they'd make the playoffs. Especially considering that Cousins wasn't even sold on Karl before a game was even played.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially getting a player that does what cousins does. Maybe they think twin towers is the way to get thru the west.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK this deadline. Boring as shit.

Worst part though, is that Marqueef Morris is still on my favorite team.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Frye went from almost going to the Clippers to going to the Cavs? Not a bad pickup but they already have a big who shoots 3's.

I think this is a nice move for the Cavs. Frye adds something unique -- and can backup Love. Andy would not add much as long as TT & Mozgov are available. I'd guess Mozgov is not being moved now. (unless C like Koufas comes back)

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Karl has had the team playing decent this year. No one predicted they'd make the playoffs. Especially considering that Cousins wasn't even sold on Karl before a game was even played.
The defense has been horrible pretty much all year, the offense has looked good but that's in part due to the pace. They should be better than their record and with how bad the bottom of the West has been this year they should definitely be in contention for a playoff spot(which they really aren't in right now). Karl is probably gone after the season ends.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially getting a player that does what cousins does. Maybe they think twin towers is the way to get thru the west.
considering the Kings and Karl want to run a faster pace, adding an older Gasol doesn't seem like the best idea. And he's gone this summer if they get him.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a nice move for the Cavs. Frye adds something unique -- and can backup Love. Andy would not add much as long as TT & Mozgov are available. I'd guess Mozgov is not being moved now. (unless C like Koufas comes back)
It's not a bad move, because Andy wasn't gonna get any PT. But I also don't think he'll make a big impact, he will help the shooting though which was something they wanted.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs cant get him back- that 1 year rule. he will go to a contender- hopefully not in the east.

remember that was instituted after Z came back to the CAvs after being traded for Jamison? im at least PRETTY sure on that..

I like Andy
He can come to Miami.
We might suck, but he'll be closer to home and enjoy the weather.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph open 3s on that pick all day baby

Frye won't be in when Steph is and he will get limited minutes. Just there to strengthen up the end of that bench

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Turnup.

What in the hell was Portland thinking?!? They are giving up about $20M (the cost to buy out Varejoa) for a conditional 1st round pick from a monster team that should be good for a long time in the Cav's.

The NBA should be on the lookout for some shady shit in this deal because that makes zero sense. The only way this makes any sense is if Varejoa shows up in Portland with a suitcase worth of cash that he forgets in the Portland lockerroom after his buy out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless the Cavs plan on trading Mozgov to the Kings and picking up Koufos or possibly Mclemore

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn they traded both of Lebron good friends. He must be hurting

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK this deadline. Boring as shit.

Worst part though, is that Marqueef Morris is still on my favorite team.

Weirdly it's kind of a savvy move to not trade Morris right now. You'd be trading him for way less than his actual talent value. But in this off-season, after a number of teams strike out on the big free agents, Morris' contract will look like a friggin steal compared to others given. I think you'll have a stronger market mid-way through the Free Agency period.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn they traded both of Lebron good friends. He must be hurting
lol, true. It was crazy how much Cunningham always seemed to be wherever LeBron was (off the court) this season