• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Alex Smith for........

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian Janikowski???

Ok maybe not, but man I would love to have him right now.

pregame during warmups Akers was nailing 50 yard FGs in both directions. But going the way he missed in game he was missing from inside 40 yards. It was weird. He missed 3 from about 35 yards that way. All to the left. Just like how he missed in game. I think its his short game he is having problems with not his long shots. It is probably all in his head. Almost like Howard at the free throw line.

I hope the niners draft a good kicker in the 6th or 7th round. The kicking game matters too much to leave it to a basket case.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
pregame during warmups Akers was nailing 50 yard FGs in both directions. But going the way he missed in game he was missing from inside 40 yards. It was weird. He missed 3 from about 35 yards that way. All to the left. Just like how he missed in game. I think its his short game he is having problems with not his long shots. It is probably all in his head. Almost like Howard at the free throw line.

I hope the niners draft a good kicker in the 6th or 7th round. The kicking game matters too much to leave it to a basket case.

yes, the kicking game matters no doubt.

we're going to the play-offs with an offense that isn't exactly "prolific"? does it make sense to continue with a "basket case" kicker? a kicker who may have problems in his head?

wouldn't wait till for the next draft, the team is built for now and must win play off games now.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best thing about Greg Roman's eventual departure to become a HC elsewhere is that he may take Alex Smith with him.

Jets, Cardinals?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1210880312828.jpg

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of people probably don't know this, but Alex Smith is a really good FG kicker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sebastian Janikowski???

Ok maybe not, but man I would love to have him right now.

No way. Raiders put a franchise tag on that golden foot. He's there until he dies!

I would trade him for 3rd Rd pick at best.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing about Greg Roman's eventual departure to become a HC elsewhere is that he may take Alex Smith with him.

Jets, Cardinals?

If Roman goes to the Cardinals, I doubt they give him the one QB that would know his system best. Then again, if they have no other suitors, it'd be better to trade than to cut him - but then again, why would the Cardinals trade if the Niners had no other suitors - but then again, how would the Cardinals know about if there were others - but then again, even if they knew, would they up the ante for Alex Smith? But then again, Smith would know it best, make it a smooth transition, and apparently takes demotion well, even if playing well. Just kidding.

But then again... ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, the kicking game matters no doubt.

we're going to the play-offs with an offense that isn't exactly "prolific"? does it make sense to continue with a "basket case" kicker? a kicker who may have problems in his head?

wouldn't wait till for the next draft, the team is built for now and must win play off games now.

Are you suggesting someone off the street? Any ideas? Because we can't trade anybody or any picks until the offseason, so built for now would dictate action if you don't trust Akers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you suggesting someone off the street? Any ideas? Because we can't trade anybody or any picks until the offseason, so built for now would dictate action if you don't trust Akers.

yes, don't trust Akers. his track record this season isn't good at all, and unfortunately, we should only judge his recent work. anything can happen finishing this season, but if you judge the situation from what we know NOW, we should make the move.

Baalke already tried out some vet kickers and if necessary, try out some more. but replace Akers now cause we shouldn't enter the play-offs with a below average kicker. we need a play-off caliber kicker, or very least an NFL average one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade him for Justin Tucker.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice ViperVisor hasn't graced us with his presence since Kaep took over? Hah.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's commenters are crazy and while I don't like Flacco that much, it's crazy to have as many people in the comment section saying that they should go to Alex Smith instead of Flacco (not that they know what they are talking about) - Harbaugh's sloppy seconds mentioned a few times. Let's trade Alex to Baltimore! ;) Any ideas on who? (Yes, I know there'd have to be sign and trade if that's permissible as Flacco will be a free agent (restricted or unrestricted?).)

Joe Flacco should still be in Ravens' future - AFC North Blog - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: