• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Alex Smith for........

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Roman goes to the Cardinals, I doubt they give him the one QB that would know his system best. Then again, if they have no other suitors, it'd be better to trade than to cut him - but then again, why would the Cardinals trade if the Niners had no other suitors - but then again, how would the Cardinals know about if there were others - but then again, even if they knew, would they up the ante for Alex Smith? But then again, Smith would know it best, make it a smooth transition, and apparently takes demotion well, even if playing well. Just kidding.

But then again... ;)

Trading Smith to the Cardinals would be ideal. It would eliminate their biggest offensive threat for Smith's duration by removing Fitzgerald from the offense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to like?

Greg Roman is one of the best OCs in the NFL. His playcalling is bi-polar and he tends to get too cute at times, but schematically - especially in run blocking - the guy is a genius.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Greg Roman is one of the best OCs in the NFL. His playcalling is bi-polar and he tends to get too cute at times, but schematically - especially in run blocking - the guy is a genius.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. And the fact that the passing game isn't great is because the Niners don't have a great QB. However, it's getting pretty good (despite mediocre WR talent).

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...

I think he's gotten quite a bit out of the offense for the talent level it has.

I disagree. Our passing game is a joke. Our playcalling is WAY too conservative. And how do you remove your best receiving threat from the gameplan altogether?

I'm sorry, I don't see Roman as an advantage. It would be addition by subtraction if we dumped him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Our passing game is a joke. Our playcalling is WAY too conservative. And how do you remove your best receiving threat from the gameplan altogether?

I'm sorry, I don't see Roman as an advantage. It would be addition by subtraction if we dumped him.

Our passing game is OK. Nothing great, but that's because we don't have a great QB. His blocking schemes are a huge reason why we're one of the best running teams in the league, however.

Regardless, I think you'll get your wish this off-season. He's a hot commodity and I think he's as good as gone.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Holy cow. I'm not sure if I've ever agreed with you on a coach as much as this right here. I didn't think there were any regulars that would speak on Roman like this other than myself? Cool.

Also, I don't want to read any overview on Roman that doesn't touch on his mind, his knowledge of positions, his mentality, his football background and those that have influenced him in his career either.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our passing game is OK. Nothing great, but that's because we don't have a great QB. His blocking schemes are a huge reason why we're one of the best running teams in the league, however.

Regardless, I think you'll get your wish this off-season. He's a hot commodity and I think he's as good as gone.

Maybe I need to research a bit, but weren't we as good rushing the ball before he got here?

If Gore is injured, are we having this same conversation?