• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Serena Williams" Thread

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think I can go back to bed now....Serena up 3-0 in the 2nd set!
Since these matches are on ESPN2 this morning I can finally see some live tennis. Serena did struggle through this match and didn't have many aces, but she will get better. The score doesn't show how much a struggle this one was for Serena. She gave away so many points. Here's hoping she will do much better in her next match. Venus really played well in the second set and won in style. Lets hope she can go as far as possible in this tournament. Experience kicked in for Venus. Good start though for both of them.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since these matches are on ESPN2 this morning I can finally see some live tennis. Serena did struggle through this match and didn't have many aces, but she will get better. The score doesn't show how much a struggle this one was for Serena. She gave away so many points. Here's hoping she will do much better in her next match. Venus really played well in the second set and won in style. Lets hope she can go as far as possible in this tournament. Experience kicked in for Venus. Good start though for both of them.

If Serena is not taken out in the early rounds, it is impossible to take her out when she gets to semis or final.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comfortable win for Serena who is always jittery in the first round of majors.

Looking at her half of the draw, I can't imagine any of the players being able to beat her.

I'm betting she comes out and blows Lisicki off the court if they meet in the 4th round...her last experience with Lisicki at a major was last year at Wimbledon, where Lisicki beat her. I guarantee she remembers that.

Then there's really just Sharapova after that in her half, and we all know what a mismatch that is.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comfortable win for Serena who is always jittery in the first round of majors.

Looking at her half of the draw, I can't imagine any of the players being able to beat her.

I'm betting she comes out and blows Lisicki off the court if they meet in the 4th round...her last experience with Lisicki at a major was last year at Wimbledon, where Lisicki beat her. I guarantee she remembers that.

Then there's really just Sharapova after that in her half, and we all know what a mismatch that is.

Lisicki herself has nothing to shout about when it comes to clay and has done nothing since her upset of Serena a year ago. Serena always remembers and the good lawd help her if Lisicki manages even to go far.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venus and Serena

Both playing badly today. Venus is gone and looks like Serena will follow. Lost the first set 6-2, and down two breaks in the second set. Miracles do happen, but that will be what it will take to win this match for Serena.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fewest games ever won by Serena at a slam. I only saw the last four games, but Serena's timing looked strange. She kept hitting off her back foot. She plays a risky game as is, and she's 32. You can't expect to beat top 32 players when your timing is bad.

As for Muguruza, she's clearly one of the best young talents in tennis. She has a nice serve and a nice return and can hit a nice deep ball but also doesn't force things. Unlike the men, there are plenty of 22-and-under women which look like future serious slam contenders. Halep, Bouchard, Muguruza, and Keys all absolutely could win slams, while players like Sloane, Bencic, and Puig have the potential.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone predicted Serena losing the French.....but not this early AGAIN!!!!! VERY good news for Sharapova!!

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fewest games ever won by Serena at a slam. I only saw the last four games, but Serena's timing looked strange. She kept hitting off her back foot. She plays a risky game as is, and she's 32. You can't expect to beat top 32 players when your timing is bad.

As for Muguruza, she's clearly one of the best young talents in tennis. She has a nice serve and a nice return and can hit a nice deep ball but also doesn't force things. Unlike the men, there are plenty of 22-and-under women which look like future serious slam contenders. Halep, Bouchard, Muguruza, and Keys all absolutely could win slams, while players like Sloane, Bencic, and Puig have the potential.
Well said.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone predicted Serena losing the French.....but not this early AGAIN!!!!! VERY good news for Sharapova!!
Yes, it is a good thing you slept Simtast. It was not pretty for Serena. She said that she just didn't have it and could not get it together today. It happens, so onward to Wimbledon. Hope she wins that one. She doesn't have a lot of points to defend there, so it could be a bonus for her.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not that shocked that she lost. French open is the toughest one to win. She has only won two. Federer although reached five finals only won one. Like I said the clay really exposes your current game. If you are not up to par with conditioning and stamina and other aspects you can lose to a no namer in the first or second round.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serena_williams_throws_racket_E1.jpg

serena-williams-australian-open.jpg

art-353-svSERENA-300x0.jpg

20658476_BG1.jpg

serena-williams.jpg

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Serena tie Chrissy and Martina's record at Wimbledon, and break it at the US Open anyway.