• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season Thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he had four quarterback pressures and a sack. I’ll take that every day from my interior line.
Carter will get some pressures and a few sacks but he isn't very good in run defense from what I've seen. I'll admit that I haven't watched that closely though. Of course, that is often more of a group effort up front and as a group, Philly has been atrocious in run D. Like Seahawk bad the last couple of years. And not having anybody on the edge that can get pressure, Carter would have to play like Aaron donald to have any real impact. And that ain't happening, imo.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DL still has a little work to do (Murphy/Hankins/Reed) but one thing is certain is Williams is playing out of his f'ing mind so far. I pray for this man to stay healthy....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any hip drop penalties so far? I haven't seen a single one yet in any game Lots of hand-wringing about this during the off-season...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any hip drop penalties so far? I haven't seen a single one yet in any game Lots of hand-wringing about this during the off-season...
I think those tackles honestly are pretty rare anyway but no, I haven't seen any called. Maybe the refs are distracted throwing so many flags on the illegal formation. Lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a rough start for ol' Waldron in Chicago. Last in yards per play, tied for last in offensive TDs (3). They have zero run game, and the passing isn't much better. I know they have a youngster at QB, but they're pathetic so far.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a rough start for ol' Waldron in Chicago. Last in yards per play, tied for last in offensive TDs (3). They have zero run game, and the passing isn't much better. I know they have a youngster at QB, but they're pathetic so far.

They need to not be playing hero ball. They're putting too much on Williams and trying to run a singleback formation and Williams simply can't pick up the protection cues because he never had to in College. Waldron is playing him like a veteran QB and that just wont work in the NFL.

I get it... you have basically the best WR core in the NFL and the OL is not bad... they were okay last year... but Waldron is expecting WAY too much out of Caleb. He came from a school that was giving him a TON of time to throw the ball. Not happening in the NFL. I don't hate Waldron, but I don't think he knows quite how to adjust. Grubb we'll see on and I know your post isn't about Grubb but if Williams/Murphy are both out, we're going to need some serious offense (no more mistakes) next weekend.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to not be playing hero ball. They're putting too much on Williams and trying to run a singleback formation and Williams simply can't pick up the protection cues because he never had to in College. Waldron is playing him like a veteran QB and that just wont work in the NFL.

I get it... you have basically the best WR core in the NFL and the OL is not bad... they were okay last year... but Waldron is expecting WAY too much out of Caleb. He came from a school that was giving him a TON of time to throw the ball. Not happening in the NFL. I don't hate Waldron, but I don't think he knows quite how to adjust. Grubb we'll see on and I know your post isn't about Grubb but if Williams/Murphy are both out, we're going to need some serious offense (no more mistakes) next weekend.
Oh yeah, there's no doubt we are in for some trouble if we cannot improve the OL situation. I don't care how how much talent you have at the skill positions or if you have Norv Turner as OC.... you're going to get handled if you can't block without holding.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like murphy has a hammy injury and still no update on williams

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like murphy has a hammy injury and still no update on williams

We just brought Matt Gotel back to the practice squad (big NT that was originally a UDFA back in 2022 that Seattle took). No official update on Murphy/Williams yet but that might be telling that they could miss some time with bringing Gotel in.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Murphy and Williams both day to day so we will have to wait and see. Ribs and hammy could be a quick recovery or linger a bit. Hankins and Reed will likely have to carry the bulk of the load. The good news is that Nwosu is supposed to practice this week so maybe we get him back for the Lions.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Williams' rib injury is minor enough that he can maybe wear a flack jacket and take something for the pain and play. Especially with the Lions center Ragnow having a torn pec. Ragnow not listed as out yet but I'm not sure how he can play or even be as good with that type of injury. Probably best to be cautious with Murphy's injury. Hammy's can be tricky. But if we can get Nwosu back on the field, we have some more options for the middle.
The Lions have serious injuries on their defense too so hopefully our offense can do enough to put the ball in Goff's hands. Hoping for another big game from Hall and Mafe and if Nwosu is back, rotate those guys. And if we can get any push up the middle, we can rattle Goff and maybe create some mistakes.