• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2024 Preseason Thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on Martin. He's already been demoted since the start of camp. Peko, a journeyman everyone assumed was signed as camp fodder, has leapfrogged him as Reader's interim replacement. Martin is big, but he can't play.

I also disagree on Manu.
Martin may have been our best player in game 1 and played excellent run defense in game 2. He is going to be regular rotation this year easy.

We won't know on Manu for some time, we are good to disagree on it.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin may have been our best player in game 1 and played excellent run defense in game 2. He is going to be regular rotation this year easy.

We must have watched two different games in game 1. I haven't seen game 2 yet. Regardless, Martin is lining up right now against guys who will be watching games with us on Sundays. His leverage is still poor, and he's too slow off the ball.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep and deep with talent are two different things. Houston showed very rare talent at getting to the QB before he got hurt and before the coaches got stupid with square-peg-round-holery. Cutting him would be as dimwitted as trading up to draft Brodric Martin and Giovanni Manu was.
He has not shown it since he got back though. He was hampered last year when he got back and did not impress in the first PS game. If he is damaged goods then he wont be here. Ukwu looks exactly like Houston did. Betts has looked up and down but looked great in the spring granted against lesser comp. There is talent there. Houston needs to prove he is back to what he was and has not so far.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have watched two different games in game 1. I haven't seen game 2 yet. Regardless, Martin is lining up right now against guys who will be watching games with us on Sundays. His leverage is still poor, and he's too slow off the ball.
Game 3 will tell us a lot more. Martin has beaten who was put in front of him the first 2 games. He didnt look slow either.

I agree with you on Manu so far has mostly sucked. The journeyman we got from the Titans had a great game Sat. I dont think we can carry 5 tackles but who knows. We have bigger problems inside. Awosiki is the only decent backup we have. The rest have looked pretty bad.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am concerned about kickoff ST. They have not been good under these new retarded kickoff rules.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about kickoff ST. They have not been good under these new retarded kickoff rules.
Not sure they even practiced kickoffs before the first game.

They didn’t know the rules.

Neither did I. But still…

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who the 5th WR will be. I wonder if they have given any thought to picking up Michael Thomas? Was hoping DPJ would step up but he is not even beating 3rd stringers so far. I think he lost his mojo. He is too young to be petering out already.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat 1PM ET.

I will be away for the weekend so I wont be able to watch live.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sat 1PM ET.

I will be away for the weekend so I wont be able to watch live.
I can't watch this one either. Kind of bummed about it. Especially with them announcing Hooker will start. If it was Sudfeld I would not care. Can't understand why the coaching staff likes that guy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't watch this one either. Kind of bummed about it. Especially with them announcing Hooker will start. If it was Sudfeld I would not care. Can't understand why the coaching staff likes that guy.
NFL-Video has replays but yo will have to wait a day or 2

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without seeing the oline play Hooker stats are bad. 5 sacks and way to many scrambles. Is he holding the ball to long, or is the line not doing it's job?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who the 5th WR will be. I wonder if they have given any thought to picking up Michael Thomas? Was hoping DPJ would step up but he is not even beating 3rd stringers so far. I think he lost his mojo. He is too young to be petering out already.
Heard a rumor DPJ is contemplating med school.

Don’t know if that’s the explanation to the cliff his career has fallen off or not. But he hit a wall I never saw coming.

Thought coming home would be a boost for him. Not looking that way anymore.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the replay of the game. They did a sideline interview with Hutchinson. When asked how Detroit went 3-13 the year before he was drafted to last year playing for the NFC championship, Aidan paused before responding about the culture being cultivated by Dan Campbell and how the team is bringing in players that fit the culture. It came across as a belief instead of the company line.

If the players understand the difference between having the 53 best players and the best team from those 53 individuals, and want to contribute to that team, the Lions are going to go far. This isn’t a fantasy football team; the only stat that matters week to week is your W-L total.

Hooker is looking pretty dynamic. Granted, these aren’t starters. He doesn’t have a deer in the headlights look. Overall, I’d say he’s worth keeping as the number two this year. If called on, it looks like he can lead a team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rumors of Tim Patrick getting cut are real Lions should kick the tires. He would be an awesome addition at wr for the 5 games he is healthy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hatten won the LS battle. Surprised to see Zylstra cut this early.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Hatten won the LS battle. Surprised to see Zylstra cut this early.
I am not. Both he and Mitchell sucked. DPJ got cut too. He was thoroughly outplayed by even Kayden Davis who also got cut. I like Davis though but it will be interesting to see if they keep Mo Alexander. I would really prefer a big WR.

Z Knight and Mitch Agude came close to making it. The latter will definitely be on the PS. Knight will definitely get scooped up by another team.

Detroit Lions roster cutdown deadline tracker

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudfeld released, rumor is they want gim as a veteran on the practice squad.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts are done. Martin to IR and they still cut Peko. Isaiah Williams made the team.

I think they made a big mistake cutting Ukwu and keeping Nieman. Also would have preferred Kingsley over Niese. Maybe I just don't like people with last names that start Nie.

Once Cominsky is put on IR Lions have 2 available spots. I hope one goes to Ukwu. Other likely to a big WR.