• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Serena Williams" Thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw highlights, and listened to the commentary afterward. The the broadcasters seemed to like her fitness as of now.

From the highlights, before the points would start, I was worried about her movement, but she seemed to be able to get to balls, so I don't know if it's that big of a deal.

it is.

she's mega talented, and that compensates for her being a fatass, which she is, i'm sorry.

she'll be something to behold if she puts in the hard yards off the court. i'm betting she will.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
townsend can probably still make the top 20 even as a fatass, but fitness issues are much more magnified on the men's side.

sock is a great example. all of the talent in the world with huge weapons, but he is obviously not very fit. you wont' see that in any top 10 player on the men's side anymore. you lose it on TV, but those guys are in phenomenal shape.

tennis is a game of movement more than anything. with the way courts are now, and the string technology that allows for prolonged rallies even on the fastest surfaces, anybody who doesn't have very low body fat and high endurance on the men's side is toast.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Serena win more AOs and FOs, since those are what she has the least of. (USO and AO tied).

I'd rather see her get what she has the least of, so I can say she has won every major at least X times.

if her us opens and aussie open counts are tied, then your entire first sentence is contradictory and nonsensical.

Yeah, I was thinking about that when I typed that, about how the USO and AO were tied. That's why I mentioned it too.

But I also thought that with her recent success at the USO between 2011-2013, I'm thinking it's time for her to have a run at the AO again. So it was more about how she hasn't played at the SF or Finals of the AO since 2010. It will now have been 5 years (2015) potentially since the next time she can do it.

It's been too long, so I want to see that again.

I know, I didn't explain this in my previous post, but that's because I just wanted to submit and move onto something else at that time. :)

I also remember the fun stat that Serena won the AO in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, and Andy Roddick would make the SFs each of those years too.

I remember during the 2009 AO, Chris Fowler even mentioned that stat, and how Roddick was "doing the Serena thing with every odd year".

Also, I liked Roddick at the AO more than the USO, because he consistently went deeper. I wasn't surprised that Roddick lost to Isner at the 2009 USO or Tipsarevic at the 2010 USO, because those are good players. It was a tough draw. But regardless, I still liked how Roddick was better overall at the AO from 2003-2009. And he also had some tough draws too early on at the AO during those years, sometimes, but he still got through. I don't think the USO draws during those years were disproportionately harder than the AO ones.

Also, the 1st round USO loss by Roddick to Muller in 2005 was annoying, because ESPN.com had these flash ads. During Week 1, these flash ads said "Have you seen Andy's Mojo"?

Then during Week 2, they said "I found Andy's Mojo!"

These were planned in advance, but they didn't count on Roddick losing so early.

Here's an article about the ad campaign.

AmEx ad campaign was built around Roddick - Tennis - ESPN

i just like the idea of her tying and breaking records at her favorite places, and hopefully, do at least one of them in her home country.

:)

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two of them have been really good friends for several years.

Nice to see.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two of them have been really good friends for several years.

Nice to see.

Yeah, I didn't know that until I saw them both posing in this pic.

Agree, nice to see.

I wonder if one has ever given advice to the other before a big match.

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Henin is better at clay than Sharapova or Williams.

I would have liked to see what Clijsters could have done had she stayed on the tour and been healthy for a while. I thought she had a great chance to win the 2011 FO (and 10 years after her first FO Final), but she lost a match in which she lead 5-2 in the 2nd set. Even the broadcasters didn't think she was going to lose, commenting as if her win was a foregone conclusion until the 3rd set started.

If looking at history, and just at the FO, Evert and Graf won a lot of FOs.

Evert was 78-6, .929.

Graf was 87-10 at the FO, .897.

If Henin was so much better on clay, why did she have to

cheat Serena at the FO when behind in the match.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that rash Henin had on her chin from licking her own face was kinda' gross.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Serena is spot on. Keep up the good work Serena.