• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just plain crazy... (2024 Big 10 preview thread)

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St and Oregon look like the clear cut favorites in the Big 10 to me, they are both loaded - this is pretty much a “win big or bust” year for Ohio St, if they lose to Michigan again, Ryan Day is gone.
The Buckeyes certainly have the talent to win not only the Big 10 but the National Title IMO, I think Howard will have a strong year at QB, they have the best RB duo in CFB, their receivers are strong as usual and their D is very talented and experienced. They should definitely make the playoff.
Oregon is loaded as well, Gabriel is a very good QB who will fill Nix’s shoes well and their offense is explosive and talented as usual and their D is kind of underrated.
I could see either the Ducks or Buckeyes potentially winning the National Title this year.
Michigan is going to drop off some IMO, they lost most of their team, they still have talent but I don’t think they make the playoff, it’s hard to lose that many key players.
Can Penn St take the next step this year? They’ve had a bunch of very good seasons under James Franklin but they rarely win their biggest games, will they get into the playoff? They have the talent to IMO if Allar takes the next step and has a better season, they have a great rushing attack and their receivers should be more productive, and their D is always strong. This may be the year the Nittany Lions get to the playoff.

Those 4 are the main playoff contenders from the Big 10 IMO, it will be interesting to see if there are any surprise teams that contend for the conference crown
I think USC will be slightly better than expected, everyone has forgotten about them it seems but they have a talented team and if their D improves they could surprise people.
Iowa could be very good if they could score, but I’m not sure if their offense will be able to put up the points to make them a contender in the conference.
Rutgers is a team that could be very good as well if their QB play is good, they finished with a winning record last year for the first time since 2014 and they return most of their team and their schedule is the easiest in the Big 10 so I think they will have their best team in a long time.
Maryland is another team that should be good if their QB play is good, Locksley has made them consistently decent and they could get better.
Washington lost their whole team from last year so they will drop off a lot but I have no idea how many wins they’ll get.
Wisconsin has fallen in recent years and may have a rocky road ahead this year with a very tough schedule.
Really all of the Big 10 teams have some intrigue surrounding them and I can see just about every team in the league contending for a bowl so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Should be a very competitive conference.