• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is a huge headache for whoever takes him because of his POS father.
A smart move for Philly would be to trade down and take Dennis Smith, he is a surer thing, a great teammate, solid citizen and they could add another asset to boot.
I won't be at all shocked if Smith wins rookie of the year if he goes to a team in need of a starting PG.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a silly question. Tony Romo nearly played more minutes than Ben Simmons this season. It makes little sense to even attempt to compare Ingram and Simmons right now.
Yeah I agree.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won't get Ball............................

Sixers and Celtics will swap picks and Philly will grab Ball.
That's okay, then the Lakers take will take Fultz or one of the other top five.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the price is reasonable, sure pull the trigger.

If it's a Kings ransome?

* See Carmelo crippling the Knicks.
It's uncanning how we think alike. :-)

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram, to me, always seemed like the type of guy who would take a year or two to fully blossom. Of the players currently on the roster and regardless of who they end up in the draft, I think he has the best shot of being a star. But he could take a little while, similar to guys like Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. He was never expected to take the league by storm in his rookie season.

Russell, I was a little disappointed with his development but, as you note, he seemed to do pretty well toward the end of the season. We'll see. I think he's either going to become a pretty good player or he'll be one of those guys who always frustrates you with his inconsistency. Remains to be seen.

I don't quite get Paul George's demands to go to L.A. Frankly, I think he's overrated and he's looking to cash in on a big market, which is fine and his right to do it. That's not to say that he isn't a hell of a basketball player and any team would benefit from him on their roster -- but the true superstars have never needed to go to a big market to garner attention. Durant, Westbrook, LeBron have sold lots of merchandise without being in a big market.

Anyway, I think we're going to be in for some good basketball in like 2 years. These seasons have been boring but with LeBron aging and Golden State likely unable to keep its team together forever, we're going to see Milwaukee, Boston, L.A., Philly, Minnesota, Phoenix, and maybe some other teams starting to put it together. It'll be fun -- and hopefully stars stop joining together and we get to see some really competitive and entertaining basketball in those cities.
I guess I get it from George's standpoint, but I guess alot of it depends on how our young guys develop. Oh, and don't forget about Zubac too, that guy has a load of talent. There's also no telling if we unload Deng with a young player/stretching Mozgov to give us even more cap room.
As for your point about the young teams, I TOTALLY agree. I said before the start of this year, I'd rather be in our position than most of these top teams position. Let Lebron, and GS get old, or be broken up, while our young guys grow into their primes, and then THAT will be the time to strike

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol always have, always WILL. L.A. is Lakers territory and even when they're down they DOMINATE basketball talk around here...

sorry, Mecca...:D
Thats the funny part to me. The Lakers havent been relevant in five year really and yet they still dominate the conversation. I understand they always will but one would think the Clippers would be a bigger conversation. They did create a d league team though that will be playing by my house in Ontario. I would even take @Mecca to game if she is interested.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Sixers had pick 2 they'd take Ball... the best talent. They drafted 3 straight Centers
Smart teams pick best talent, not need.
The best talent is Fultz.

Simmons is going to play point forward.

Why would they draft a guy who has to have the ball to be effective?

You know why the Cavs and Warriors have such great chemistry?

They don't have a bunch of guys on the floor with redundant skills, outside of shooting.

Bron is the playmaker.

Draymond is the playmaker.

Their point guards are scorers.

Lonzo's greatest strength is playmaking.

Who are those guys passing to if nobody can shoot?

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's uncanning how we think alike. :-)
That's because we can both put out homerism to the side and see the big picture and have zero issue admitting we are wrong....

:suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best talent is Fultz.

Simmons is going to play point forward.

Why would they draft a guy who has to have the ball to be effective?

You know why the Cavs and Warriors have such great chemistry?

They don't have a bunch of guys on the floor with redundant skills, outside of shooting.

Bron is the playmaker.

Draymond is the playmaker.

Their point guards are scorers.

Lonzo's greatest strength is playmaking.

Who are those guys passing to if nobody can shoot?

The Sixers dont have anyone who can shoot... thats for sure. Thats why they wont be good next year even if Simmons does pan out to be a star. But it's a philosophy that I think the 76ers have. You need to take the player you think is the best, regardless of the need. I agree with the philosophy even if it doesnt work short term.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won't get Ball............................

Sixers and Celtics will swap picks and Philly will grab Ball.

I have no idea what they are thinking but if they do swap I'd expect Fultz. I really want to see what Simmons and Ball could do together both being fantastic playmakers. But they'd still be in desperate desperate shape for shooters.
Center= Embid (Cant shoot)
PF= Saric (Not a great shooter)
SF= Simmons (Poor shooter)
SG= No one worth mentioning. Maybe Golden State would have pity on our 10 years of crappiness and send us over one :)
PG= Ball (Cant shoot) or PG= Fultz (OK shooter)

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what they are thinking but if they do swap I'd expect Fultz. I really want to see what Simmons and Ball could do together both being fantastic playmakers. But they'd still be in desperate desperate shape for shooters.
SG= No one worth mentioning. Maybe Golden State would have pity on our 10 years of crappiness and send us over one :)

Philly is already deep at PG, they'd need to move at least one of them if they go PG.
That would give them an opportunity to add a pure shooter at SG through trade.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is already deep at PG, they'd need to move at least one of them if they go PG.
That would give them an opportunity to add a pure shooter at SG through trade.

Well if youre talking about Simmons running the point offensively... I agree. But they need someone who can defend Guards and Simmons cant guard todays lightning quick little guys. THats why I am intrigued with Ball. He is a good defender.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So always taking the best player has not only gotten you a logjam of bigs...it's also gotten you a bunch of guys who can't shoot.

Brilliant strategy. Pure, unadulterated genius. :thumb:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar ball is the black version of Donald trump. He is using the press to keep his name and brand in the news. Sadly it is working. The amount of black athletes coming to his defense and buying the shoes is absurd

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish this guy would just STFU already.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least 2 other threads about this clown who doesnt, and never will, play in the NBA.

I post about his stupidity too.

But, every time we do, we give him more free advertising.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least 2 other threads about this clown who doesnt, and never will, play in the NBA.

I post about his stupidity too.

But, every time we do, we give him more free advertising.
Blasphemous, him and his boys are the best thing to happen to basketball.