• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Dan Patrick this morning, Chris Mannix was saying that he thinks the Lakers are waiting until next summer when PG-13 and possibly Westbrook could be available. Says he expects them to try to unload either Mozgov or Deng before then, even if they have to give up one of the young guys to make it happen.
Which is smart.

I think you and I talked about this scenario a few weeks back.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good day to be a Lakers fan. Funny that again the Lakers are stealing the show from the Clippers
What does this have to do with the Clippers?

They don't even have a draft pick...lol

You sure seem preoccupied with a Team that has never won anything.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronk, Raul, and Godzo would be a ridiculous 3 some.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this have to do with the Clippers?

They don't even have a draft pick...lol

You sure seem preoccupied with a Team that has never won anything.

TLF gonna TLF.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca, I'm not that concerned about Ball's catch-and-shoot motion from 3 point. But did you see the stat that he "never" shoots anything besides layup/dunks & 3-pointers ? (he only made 2 of those -- out of 11 taken -- in his first 22 games at UCLA last year) I'd be concerned about this in today's pick-and-roll NBA -- that his shooting motion really may hold him back in the mid-range game -- where the best PGs routinely get the 15 footer off a P&R. (Paul, Irving, Wall, Westbrook, Harden ... even Curry, IT, ...)

I also read he tried about 2 years ago to change his shooting motion. It didn't work -- and after a week -- he changed back.
Yeah, I think they should need to mess with it yet.

If he's getting stripped, and shots blocked, by Summer League scrubs.....yeah.

His shooting will improve with his confidence.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball: "Jason Whitlock can't comment on anything but snacks."

lolol

Reactions: TJL

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so then, and still do.

For me, the upside was greater with Ingram than Simmons, and I like many, was concerned about Ben's outside shot, and still am. (The summer league sort of confirmed those concerns too) That the Lakers had Russell, made Brandon the better fit, and I too liked the maturity of BI as opposed to BS.

So I suuuuuuuuure did!!!

And besides, didn't Portland pick Bowie over Jordan? So I don't get your point since we have yet to see how these two players careers will play out, except that BS is more akin to Bowie considering injury, that Jordan.

After that mediocre year your still hanging on to that nonsense. The Sixers wouldn't trade Simmons for him, your 2nd pick and another 1st. And you guys did get Bowie, we got Jordan so enjoy him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF gonna TLF.

I don't get the appeal of bragging about being the tallest midget.....lol

Because despite the Lakers poor record over the last few years, that's the Clippers only claim to fame.

Who cares if their record is better than the Lakers if we get bounced in the 1st round every year....lol

th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the appeal of bragging about being the tallest midget.....lol

Because despite the Lakers poor record over the last few years, that's the Clippers only claim to fame.

Who cares if their record is better than the Lakers if we get bounced in the 1st round every year....lol

th

And it's not as if Clippers fans run around talking about how they've taken over LA. The Clippers fans that I've run into never compare the Clips to the Lakers and seem like they are enjoying the Clippers being a good team much more than the Lakers being a bad one.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so then, and still do.

For me, the upside was greater with Ingram than Simmons, and I like many, was concerned about Ben's outside shot, and still am. (The summer league sort of confirmed those concerns too) That the Lakers had Russell, made Brandon the better fit, and I too liked the maturity of BI as opposed to BS.

So I suuuuuuuuure did!!!

And besides, didn't Portland pick Bowie over Jordan? So I don't get your point since we have yet to see how these two players careers will play out, except that BS is more akin to Bowie considering injury, that Jordan.
Hmmmmm, I see your point about the upside of Ingram over Simmons.

I don't totally agree . But, some of your reasoning is totally valid.

Ingram probably fits much better in Luke's offense.

Ben Simmons would need to play the Draymond role in Waltons offense.

Draymond can drain 3's and Ben is terrified to shoot outside of 5 feet.

So, the Lakers have the correct player.

Yeah, shooting can be taught....

But, I don't think Simmons was ready for the pressure of playing in LA while still developing his game.

Ingram looks like he blows trees all day long.

So, he always looks stress free...lol

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a donut eating contest, probably.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's not as if Clippers fans run around talking about how they've taken over LA. The Clippers fans that I've run into never compare the Clips to the Lakers and seem like they are enjoying the Clippers being a good team much more than the Lakers being a bad one.
Yeah, only people outside of this market would ever think to utter such foolishness....lol

I think Hardcore High School / College Football Towns are the only fan bases that has such blind loyalty to one team despite what happens on the field.

Clippers need to move to Apple Valley or Lancaster...lol

We are not Orange County material.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm, I see your point about the upside of Ingram over Simmons.

I don't totally agree . But, some of your reasoning is totally valid.

Ingram probably fits much better in Luke's offense.

Ben Simmons would need to play the Draymond role in Waltons offense.

Draymond can drain 3's and Ben is terrified to shoot outside of 5 feet.

So, the Lakers have the correct player.

Yeah, shooting can be taught....

But, I don't think Simmons was ready for the pressure of playing in LA while still developing his game.

Ingram like like he blows trees all day long.

So, he always looks stress free...lol

If the rolls were reversed and the Sixers got Ingram and LA got Simmons and I came on here saying I'd rather have Ingram (especially after this last season) over Simmons I'd be getting laughed off this board by every Laker fan on the hoop. Puhleeeease

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rolls were reversed and the Sixers got Ingram and LA got Simmons and I came on here saying I'd rather have Ingram (especially after this last season) over Simmons I'd be getting laughed off this board by every Laker fan on the hoop. Puhleeeease
Clean slate, starting with a blank roster, you take Simmons.

But, The system matters.

If the 76ers had the 2nd pick, do you think they would even look in Ball's direction?

He'll no.

Both Simmons and Lonzo need the ball and neither will light the barn on fire shooting.

Seriously, I think there are some strong parallels between Simmons vs. Ingram and Fultz vs. Ball.

You take the guy who's skill set compliments what you have in your roster, unless the skill level of one completely dwarfs The other.

I think it's reasonable to say that although the skill sets are different, the separation between those four players was/is not very wide.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 19 year old -- possibly a top 2 pick -- should have a more versatile game.
To say this tells me you don't know just how versatile of a game he actually has...

A more versatile game pfffff.

Rarely is there a player that comes to the NBA draft, especially these days, without chink in the armor. This young man can flat out play! Is there room for improvement, yes just like most top draft picks every year, but to say he should have a more versatile game, if you've ever watched more than 1 game in his College career, is just laughable.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say this tells me you don't know just how versatile of a game he actually has...
A more versatile game pfffff.
Rarely is there a player that comes to the NBA draft, especially these days, without chink in the armor. This young man can flat out play! Is there room for improvement, just like most, but to say he should have a more versatile game if you've ever watched more than 1 game in his College career is just laughable.

How is his mid-range game ?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is his mid-range game ?
Based on the sample size (~3% of all attempts) I would say it's unknown at the collegiate level.

What I do know, speaking on the versatility of his game, he was the ONLY player at the collegiate level LY who averaged at least 14 points (14.6 ppg), 6 Assists (7.6 apg) and 6 Rebounds (6.0 rpg).

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean slate, starting with a blank roster, you take Simmons.

But, The system matters.

If the 76ers had the 2nd pick, do you think they would even look in Ball's direction?

He'll no.

Both Simmons and Lonzo need the ball and neither will light the barn on fire shooting.

Seriously, I think there are some strong parallels between Simmons vs. Ingram and Fultz vs. Ball.

You take the guy who's skill set compliments what you have in your roster, unless the skill level of one completely dwarfs The other.

I think it's reasonable to say that although the skill sets are different, the separation between those four players was/is not very wide.

I think if the Sixers had pick 2 they'd take Ball... the best talent. They drafted 3 straight Centers
Smart teams pick best talent, not need.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won't get Ball............................

Sixers and Celtics will swap picks and Philly will grab Ball.