• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fox will be better than Ball

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you could guarantee me that Embiid would be healthy- i take Embiid over just about anyone if you are talking about young guys to build around--- but that health is a big time question.

Simmons is high on that list as well.

Sixers are gonna be an interesting team over the next 2-3 years.

I mean- lets say they take either Jackson or Monk- both guys who i think would be great fits....

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Monk/Jackson
4. Saric
5. Okafor
6. Covington

plus tons of cap space

plus the Lakers pick next year which will def. be a lotto pick

I'd take Okafor off the list (although maybe he turns things around). Regardless, Holmes and TLC seem to have more solidified futures in Philly than Okafor right now.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
He will be an elite floor general.
They may try to rework his shot if it becomes an issue.
But, as funny as it looks, it goes in more times than not.

Mecca, I'm not that concerned about Ball's catch-and-shoot motion from 3 point. But did you see the stat that he "never" shoots anything besides layup/dunks & 3-pointers ? (he only made 2 of those -- out of 11 taken -- in his first 22 games at UCLA last year) I'd be concerned about this in today's pick-and-roll NBA -- that his shooting motion really may hold him back in the mid-range game -- where the best PGs routinely get the 15 footer off a P&R. (Paul, Irving, Wall, Westbrook, Harden ... even Curry, IT, ...)

I also read he tried about 2 years ago to change his shooting motion. It didn't work -- and after a week -- he changed back.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to Magic getting Daddy Ball to shut the fuck up long enough to not piss off every one of Lonzo's new teammates.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quite honestly i think for the big reason that Ingram's a better and more confident shooter...

course i'm guessing you could find Lakers fans who would've been happy with either one of 'em...

So you wanted Ingram over Simmons because he was a better outside shooter?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Lakers wanted Ingram over Simmons?
I do, Ingram was the better fit with Russell already there.

If a highly drafted PG prospect wasn't selected the year prior, the Lakers probably pick Simmons over Ingram.

I'm glad it worked out the way it has, especially if they select Ball next month.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ordered my Lonzo Ball T-shirt, Ball Lakes Jersey, and a pair of Autographed BBB shoes.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball is one cocky father. I just watched an interview. Its about the coin of promoting Ball into a god.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see the stat that he "never" shoots anything besides layup/dunks & 3-pointers ? (he only made 2 of those -- out of 11 taken -- in his first 22 games at UCLA last year) I'd be concerned about this in today's pick-and-roll NBA
meh, that's what 1 attempt every other game? It doesn't sound like it was in the playbook, rather probable desperation attempts. (End of the shot clock and sech) As a Bruins fan who watched nearly every game, I never noticed it as being a problem and believe me, Ball shot many a contested shot.

Usually though, he shot that long range three, and when he didn't he took it to the hole to dish or layup. I feel confident that he will have no problem if, and when he is asked to shoot a pick-and-roll mid range jumper, that he adjust well enough.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Ball is one cocky father. I just watched an interview. Its about the coin of promoting Ball into a god.
He is a God, dudes the best point guard prospect in NBA history.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, that's what 1 attempt every other game? It doesn't sound like it was in the playbook, rather probable desperation attempts. (End of the shot clock and sech) As a Bruins fan who watched nearly every game, I never noticed it as being a problem and believe me, Ball shot many a contested shot.
Usually though, he shot that long range three, and when he didn't he took it to the hole to dish or layup. I feel confident that he will have no problem if, and when he is asked to shoot a pick-and-roll mid range jumper, that he adjust well enough.

Does he have that shot ? (pull up on the move off pick & roll ?) Are you sure ? If so, how would you know since he didn't do it last year ?

Actually, I became that guy (only layups & 3s) -- but it was after I turned 40 and lost a bunch of my game. A 19 year old -- possibly a top 2 pick -- should have a more versatile game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, Magic has already stated they won't be players this Summer.

I think that's wise. Why give away assets to get George when you can sign him for nothing next summer?

On Dan Patrick this morning, Chris Mannix was saying that he thinks the Lakers are waiting until next summer when PG-13 and possibly Westbrook could be available. Says he expects them to try to unload either Mozgov or Deng before then, even if they have to give up one of the young guys to make it happen.