• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox' perimeter shooting is going to be a problem in the NBA, unless you think he's going to be Rondo.
Shooting can be developed.

He's streaky. But, he can score.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really funky...lol

I think he's gonna get stripped a lot by guys with quicker hands.

But, he will be fine.

It's totally overblown.

The kid is going to be a stud.

I agree. It's out there to be stripped or blocked, but he's smart enough not to take contested jumpers; he'll find the open man instead.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's out there to be stripped or blocked, but he's smart enough not to take contested jumpers; he'll find the open man instead.
Yep.

He will be an elite floor general.

They may try to rework his shot if it becomes an issue.

But, as funny as it looks, it goes in more times than not.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe the developmental edge goes to Simmons, even in light of his injury. Did BS really develop his height by two inches to a full 7 ft?

That's an unlikely area to develop as a pro.

That's what the rumor is. I'm not sure that's been confirmed . . . but Philly sports talk radio was going crazy about that a while ago. It was all, I believe, based on a picture where Simmons appears to be taller than Okafor and Okafor is listed as 6'11.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing...

In the words of the ever annoying ass Stephen A. Smith, the best ability is availability.

I love Embiid and Simmons talent.

But, it's hard to rate them as better, or equivalent, to guys who have played twice as many games.I

Example...

On Paper.....Embiid> Towns, ...

How many GM's do you see taking Joel over KAT?

The ability to stay healthy matters.

Sure, I'd probably take Towns over Embiid as well. KAT has shown that he'll probably a top 3 center in the league for a long time. But the comparison may not be there for Ingram. Ingram has not shown much of anything at the pro level. Simmons has literally shown nothing at the pro level. I think most GMs and most fans would still take Simmons over Ingram at this point. We'll see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fox genetically cloned from Rondo dna?

I must have missed that headline.

Each player is different. Just because some have improved their shooting, there are others (including stars like Rondo) that haven't.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what the rumor is. I'm not sure that's been confirmed . . . but Philly sports talk radio was going crazy about that a while ago. It was all, I believe, based on a picture where Simmons appears to be taller than Okafor and Okafor is listed as 6'11.
It's on Wiki too, and if it on Wiki, well than, it has to be true! :D

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each player is different. Just because some have improved their shooting, there are others (including stars like Rondo) that haven't.

Okay, now flip that statement around...

Just because some guys don't improve their shooting, there are others ( including stars like Kawhi Leonard, Derozan, Kemba Walker, Westbrook, Eric Gordon) that have.

Every guy I mentioned has improved their 3pt shooting , most from 6-10 percent.

I'm not even sure why you pulled Rondo out of your ass as a comparison.

He's nothing like Rondo.

Outside of height, he's closer to rookie John Wall than rookie Rondo.

The 32 most improved outside shooters in the NBA

NBA Draft Questions: Can Players Truly Improve Their Shooting?

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe the developmental edge goes to Simmons, even in light of his injury. Did BS really develop his height by two inches to a full 7 ft?

That's an unlikely area to develop as a pro.

It's on Wiki too, and if it on Wiki, well than, it has to be true! :D
I think he's 6 11ish based on these photos.
th
th

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers don't need to deal with these two this year really. They won't be a major player quite yet. In two years they will be expiring contracts and by then the Lakers will be a serious playoff team with the talent they now have
what i am saying is that if you wait to get rid of them by the time Russell and Randle get extensions- it basically becomes a wash on the cap.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'd probably take Towns over Embiid as well. KAT has shown that he'll probably a top 3 center in the league for a long time. But the comparison may not be there for Ingram. Ingram has not shown much of anything at the pro level. Simmons has literally shown nothing at the pro level. I think most GMs and most fans would still take Simmons over Ingram at this point. We'll see.
if you could guarantee me that Embiid would be healthy- i take Embiid over just about anyone if you are talking about young guys to build around--- but that health is a big time question.

Simmons is high on that list as well.

Sixers are gonna be an interesting team over the next 2-3 years.

I mean- lets say they take either Jackson or Monk- both guys who i think would be great fits....

1. Embiid
2. Simmons
3. Monk/Jackson
4. Saric
5. Okafor
6. Covington

plus tons of cap space

plus the Lakers pick next year which will def. be a lotto pick

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i am saying is that if you wait to get rid of them by the time Russell and Randle get extensions- it basically becomes a wash on the cap.
The problem is that dumping them means losing assets. I've been thinking about this and I think free agents in 2018 is the most realistic and in 2019 those two will be expiring contracts for the l
Lakers recovery. We know they have a zero chance in the next two years any way so why dart on good assets?