• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His shooting motion is bad, but he's definitely not slow.
That's why I only put the 'slow' part in bold, his shooting motion is very odd, but it's not how you drive, it's how you arrive.

Dude hits them three's from deeeeeep!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this Simmons debate, I watched Simmons at LSU regularly...the guy was AFRAID to TAKE a jump shot, no joke. Not many shots at all, were taken outside the paint, but otherwise he's a GREAT passer, and a physical freak. He's gonna be good for you guys, but he has to develop the courage to take a jump shot
As for what will happen with Russell, I don't know this regime well, so I'm not sure what will happen...but let's be honest here, the guy averaged 20 and 5 in 32 minutes once Lou left, and that was with him playing off the ball. I'm not interested in a Russell trade for George, as I'd rather wait and see if we get the chance to do it in Free agency. Unless it's a blow away deal, I'd rather keep Russell and watch his progression. I do however find it funny that people have determined what Russell/Ingram will be after 1 and 2 years

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I only put the 'slow' part in bold, his shooting motion is very odd, but it's not how you drive, it's how you arrive.

Dude hits them three's from deeeeeep!

Yeah, I don't think his motion will be a problem from 3 point range, but if he wants to be the best PG he can, he'll need to develop a mid-range game and I don't see how he can with that shooting motion. He tries that shooting motion in the mid-range and a lot of his shots will end up in the 3rd row. lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this Simmons debate, I watched Simmons at LSU regularly...the guy was AFRAID to TAKE a jump shot, no joke. Not many shots at all, were taken outside the paint, but otherwise he's a GREAT passer, and a physical freak. He's gonna be good for you guys, but he has to develop the courage to take a jump shot
Best prospect BS or not I wanted Ingram over Simmons. While I acknowledge Ben is obviously talented, I just didn't buy into all the hype, and so far, the 19 y/o Ingram has been the better Pro. :thumb:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think his motion will be a problem from 3 point range, but if he wants to be the best PG he can, he'll need to develop a mid-range game and I don't see how he can with that shooting motion. He tries that shooting motion in the mid-range and a lot of his shots will end up in the 3rd row. lol
That's an interesting take, I only really notice it from three. I've seen him hit a lot of floaters in his mid range game, or he's finding the open man for the dime, or taking it to the glass when inside the arc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting take, I only really notice it from three. I see him hit a lot of floaters in his mid range game, or he's finding the open man for the dime inside the arc or taking it to the glass.

I think that's at least partly why he didn't shoot a lot of mid-range in college. If what I read was correct, most of his shots were at the rim or from 3.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if the Celts are still high on Jackson. What if they could trade the #1 to sixers (sixers pick Fultz) and the celtics pick jackson, then the sixers sweeten the deal with more picks . Sixers will want either Ball or Fultz for sure

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if the Celts are still high on Jackson. What if they could trade the #1 to sixers (sixers pick Fultz) and the celtics pick jackson, then the sixers sweeten the deal with more picks . Sixers will want either Ball or Fultz for sure
Thats what I'm thinking. Unless Boston wants to move on from IT a PG makes little sense, they need a wing shooter.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best prospect BS or not I wanted Ingram over Simmons. While I acknowledge Ben is obviously talented, I just didn't buy into all the hype, and so far, the 19 y/o Ingram has been the better Pro. :thumb:

Suuuuuuuure you did. And Portland wanted Bowie over Jordan.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I was bummed we didn't land a top 2. We shall see. I think Ball and Simmons passing abilities would be interesting to watch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, they had Clyde Drexler, they needed a center and no one knew MJ was going to be the GOAT. So yeah, they wanted Bowie over Jordan. That's kinda why they picked him.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so then, and still do.

For me, the upside was greater with Ingram than Simmons, and I like many, was concerned about Ben's outside shot, and still am. (The summer league sort of confirmed those concerns too) That the Lakers had Russell, made Brandon the better fit, and I too liked the maturity of BI as opposed to BS.

So I suuuuuuuuure did!!!

And besides, didn't Portland pick Bowie over Jordan? So I don't get your point since we have yet to see how these two players careers will play out, except that BS is more akin to Bowie considering injury, that Jordan.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team should feel all that comfortable right now. On paper the Sixers probably have more reason to get excited because Embiid looks to be the real deal, provided he can stay healthy. But Simmons is unproven and Saric has to show he isn't just a flash in the volume pan.

If Simmons is the player people think he can be, and I think there is great reason to think he can be, and Embiid can play 70 games next year the Sixers are, IMO, a 40 win team. They bring in Lowry and they could be a 45 win team. But that is a lot of ifs.

The Lakers could make the same argument. If Ingram can gain 20 pounds and get his outside shot working. If Russell can mature. If Randle can stay on the court and develop a shot. Then the Lakers could see a big improvement. If they can get PG then they immediately become a MUCH better team.
Damn I see a lot of ifs in your last paragraph. :-)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, they had Clyde Drexler, they needed a center and no one knew MJ was going to be the GOAT. So yeah, they wanted Bowie over Jordan. That's kinda why they picked him.

stop it. y'all KNOW we wanted Simmons over Ingram. Philly fan says so...:rolleyes2:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked Blake's game, hope the Lakers aren't considering him.
I don't think you have to even hope.

No way a chronically broken, underachieving guy like Blake turns down a 5 year max to move to a Team down the hall.

Plus, Magic has already stated they won't be players this Summer.

I think that's wise. Why give away assets to get George when you can sign him for nothing next summer?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have to even hope.

No way a chronically broken, underachieving guy like Blake turns down a 5 year max to move to a Team down the hall.

Plus, Magic has already stated they won't be players this Summer.

I think that's wise. Why give away assets to get George when you can sign him for nothing next summer?
Damn we think alike, well at least most of the time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Statistically, Fultz' only advantages are shot attempts and blocks. Ball led or was essentially tied in all other categories.

I didn't get to see any of Fultz' games, so I'm relying on stats. To me, he looks a lot like D'Angelo (but quicker and more athletic).

If you've never seen him play, it's kinda pointless to debate.

We all know stats don't tell the entire story.

But.....I'll try....

Scoring guards are all the rage.

I'm a Ball fan.

I have been chirping for him since before he played his first College game.

I watched almost every game he played at UCLA.

Ball is the superior playmaker imo.

Fultz is the better scorer.....by a mile.

If you have shooters on your roster, Ball will get them involved.

If you need to rely on him for scoring, you might have a problem.

If I were drafting simply based on talent, I'd probably go Fultz, Fox, Ball.

Fox is a better defender than both and he can split the difference between the two in scoring.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for what will happen with Russell, I don't know this regime well, so I'm not sure what will happen...but let's be honest here, the guy averaged 20 and 5 in 32 minutes once Lou left, and that was with him playing off the ball. I'm not interested in a Russell trade for George, as I'd rather wait and see if we get the chance to do it in Free agency. Unless it's a blow away deal, I'd rather keep Russell and watch his progression. I do however find it funny that people have determined what Russell/Ingram will be after 1 and 2 years

Ingram, to me, always seemed like the type of guy who would take a year or two to fully blossom. Of the players currently on the roster and regardless of who they end up in the draft, I think he has the best shot of being a star. But he could take a little while, similar to guys like Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. He was never expected to take the league by storm in his rookie season.

Russell, I was a little disappointed with his development but, as you note, he seemed to do pretty well toward the end of the season. We'll see. I think he's either going to become a pretty good player or he'll be one of those guys who always frustrates you with his inconsistency. Remains to be seen.

I don't quite get Paul George's demands to go to L.A. Frankly, I think he's overrated and he's looking to cash in on a big market, which is fine and his right to do it. That's not to say that he isn't a hell of a basketball player and any team would benefit from him on their roster -- but the true superstars have never needed to go to a big market to garner attention. Durant, Westbrook, LeBron have sold lots of merchandise without being in a big market.

Anyway, I think we're going to be in for some good basketball in like 2 years. These seasons have been boring but with LeBron aging and Golden State likely unable to keep its team together forever, we're going to see Milwaukee, Boston, L.A., Philly, Minnesota, Phoenix, and maybe some other teams starting to put it together. It'll be fun -- and hopefully stars stop joining together and we get to see some really competitive and entertaining basketball in those cities.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty high standard you've set for him there. He's been a better pro than a guy who hasn't played a single game