• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't want Ball and hopefully this means he is not an option by our selection. I like De'Aaron Fox and would like to see him in a Sixers uniform, so he can drop 39 on Ball just like he did in the tournament.

As for the argument of who is better, Lakers or Sixers, I think it's a dumb argument because there are too many variables. But if healthy Joel Embiid is better than anyone currently on the Lakers.

Fox's lack of a perimeter game is going to hurt him in the NBA IMO. I think his teammate Monk is the better NBA prospect. With Simmons likely dominating the ball and crowding the paint with Embiid, I think the Sixers are better off with combo guard types that can spread the floor.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to this and comparing Fultz to Russell.

Which is where I lost track, as my post started with the Fultz/Ball comparison. I agree that Fultz looks like a better D'Angelo, but that's also a lot of duplication for the Lakers to draft him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I thought you were comparing to Ball...
yah i think Fultz has cemented himself as the #1 pick.

Ball is a true point like Fultz - is even a little bigger than Fultz......Ball seems a little more lanky- he has great size for a PG and will be able to see the court well.

Fultz reminds me of a John Wall a lot- maybe not quite as good an athlete as Wall- but a better feel for the game coming in. Really good head on his shoulders.

I think Ball should be the #2 pick- i think hes better than the other guys- but if he slips i think itll be because of the baggage his dad brings.

What do you do if you are the Lakers with Russell though? I dont like a Russell/Fultz back court- and i dont think Russell would want to move to the bench. Id prefer a better defender thats more a pure 2 shooting the 3.

I dunno. itll be interesting

at least the Lakers have options now. If they really wanted to they could attach some of their assets to get rid of a Deng or Mozgov now if they really wanted to if they thought there was someone in FA that would really help them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these players is without blemish.

Ball has a horrible shooting motion and looks slow (must be his half white side right dad?).

Fulz went to the Harden school of defense.

Fox doesn't pass terribly well for a point and hasn't shown he can consistently make pro depth 3s.

The bottom line is teams will have to make educated guesses about which of these prospects can do the best job of working on their flaws and becoming a well rounded pro.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i think Fultz has cemented himself as the #1 pick.

Ball is a true point like Fultz - is even a little bigger than Fultz......Ball seems a little more lanky- he has great size for a PG and will be able to see the court well.

Fultz reminds me of a John Wall a lot- maybe not quite as good an athlete as Wall- but a better feel for the game coming in. Really good head on his shoulders.

I think Ball should be the #2 pick- i think hes better than the other guys- but if he slips i think itll be because of the baggage his dad brings.

What do you do if you are the Lakers with Russell though? I dont like a Russell/Fultz back court- and i dont think Russell would want to move to the bench. Id prefer a better defender thats more a pure 2 shooting the 3.

I dunno. itll be interesting

at least the Lakers have options now. If they really wanted to they could attach some of their assets to get rid of a Deng or Mozgov now if they really wanted to if they thought there was someone in FA that would really help them.

I don't think they'll draft Fultz (if he makes it past the Celtics, which I doubt). Ball is definitely the better fit for the Lakers. Russell played off the ball late last season and was coming around nicely. I would expect Russell to start at the 2 if Ball is their pick. Clarkson would back up both. (I hope Young opts out)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll draft Fultz (if he makes it past the Celtics, which I doubt). Ball is definitely the better fit for the Lakers. Russell played off the ball late last season and was coming around nicely. I would expect Russell to start at the 2 if Ball is their pick. Clarkson would back up both. (I hope Young opts out)
I dont think Russell as a starting 2 would be a good idea with Ball or Fultz. Russell needs the ball in his hands, and hes a poor defender.

Ideally with Fultz or Ball youd have a 2 that can play D and shoot 3's to space the floor. Id trade Russell - whether its in a package for George- or to get rid of Deng or Mozgov- or something else. I think he is way to much of a combo guy ever to be a guy youd want to play with Ball or Fultz---- i think Lakers are getting one of those 2 guys and handing them the keys to the car. Either Ball or Fultz will def. be the best young player the Lakers have had since Kobe (ehh... though Bynum was VERY highly thought of for a while). I think both Fultz and Ball are leaders with the right mentality and Magic can have one of them from the start and i dont think Russell is the right guy to have run the offense and i think he needs the ball in his hands too much. If you could get value for him id move on.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like De'Aaron Fox and would like to see him in a Sixers uniform, so he can drop 39 on Ball just like he did in the tournament.
As a Bruins fan, I watched Ball all season and got to see Fox a bit too. I honestly think Ball was hurt from the fall he took in the game prior even thought he said he was fine, because that was not the same dude I watched all season.

Either way I think you are putting way too much weight on one game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was so good, Kobe Bryant spent one summer working out with him and taking lessons and that was after winning three titles already - Now that is respect

That's right. Forgot about that. He did that when he realized that he was getting older and losing his explosiveness and knew he was going to need to post up more.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't want Ball and hopefully this means he is not an option by our selection. I like De'Aaron Fox and would like to see him in a Sixers uniform, so he can drop 39 on Ball just like he did in the tournament.

As for the argument of who is better, Lakers or Sixers, I think it's a dumb argument because there are too many variables. But if healthy Joel Embiid is better than anyone currently on the Lakers.

i actually like the kid personally. if Embiid can just stay healthy he'll be a kick-ass player for years to come...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most egregious act was when he took Robinson's soul.....right after David was handed the League MVP trophy....lol

This was just BRUTAL.

Poor Admiral. Hakeem treated him like he was talking bad about his Mama.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Ball has better handles and is a better passer. But Fultz is the better defender and shooter. It's also not as if he doesn't have good handles and isn't a good passer, just not quite as good as Ball.

My main reason for wanting Fultz is the defense. Plus, I'd rather watch the Lavar Ball Show from afar. lol