• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Lavar Ball Super Thread

Who wins? Lavar or Jordan

• Ball

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Jordan

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I had potato salad yesterday that my mommy made and it was awesome.

Votes: 16 44.4%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't lose a great pick. Wouldn't it sting to have a similar year and see your 2nd pick go to Philly?

I don't care about losing the pick. I'd rather keep the young guys together and then get PG-13 as a free agent. I expect to see continued improvement. They improved by 9 games this past season, if they improve even close to that, the pick isn't going to be that great anyway.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about losing the pick. I'd rather keep the young guys together and then get PG-13 as a free agent. I expect to see continued improvement. They improved by 9 games this past season, if they improve even close to that, the pick isn't going to be that great anyway.
I'm all for waiting, and who knows, DFish was a late 1st rounder maybe we find another gem with No. 28 too. :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwame was no where near the prospect of Simmons. If he came out this year you guys would be crying rivers knowing you landed the 2nd pick.

How old are you? If you think being compared to Olajuwon makes him nowhere near the prospect of Simmons, then you are not old enough to have seen Olajuwon play or know about his career.

Here's all you need to know about Olajuwon:

In the '94-'95 Finals, he tore Shaq up so bad that, to this day, Shaq calls him Mr. Olajuwon.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade the 28th + Clarkson and Nance for George, but I wouldn't go any higher.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you? If you think being compared to Olajuwon makes him nowhere near the prospect of Simmons, then you are not old enough to have seen Olajuwon play or know about his career.
For the Youngins....

This was a heartbreak of a game...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the '94-'95 Finals, he tore Shaq up so bad that, to this day, Shaq calls him Mr. Olajuwon.

I'm saying when he came out people werentlooking at him as the next Hakeem. He wasnt a star prospect on the level as Simmons. Simmons is gonna be a star and you'd be shitting your pants in joy if he was a Laker. We both had crap teams. We are hopefully adding Embiid, adding the top prospect since Lebron and the 3rd pick. We have no stupid contracts like Deng or that goofy center plus we have your lottery pick next year and a horrible future Kings pick in 2019. Again, you don't have on player better than Saric, Embiid or Simmons.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was so good, Kobe Bryant spent one summer working out with him and taking lessons and that was after winning three titles already - Now that is respect

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way - for the Lakers it gives them a lot more options and is really a huge turning point in the Lakers trip back to greatness - one option may be to dump Mozgov or Deng with enough picks to get a developed player that could take these kids to good balling. Honestly I think outside of looking for free agents, the Lakers best option might be to hold on to what they have and develop the young talent. Three years on those bad contracts will go bye quickly and in the third year they ill be worth plenty as expiring contracts

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd stay away from Lonzo Ball. He is the most overhyped prospect of all the top prospects in a draft that goes around 8 deep in great prospects. He's nothing more than your standard lottery worthy PG. Look beyond his raw numbers and he's pedestrian and he's got a funky ass shot. I'm not saying he's a bust, but out of a really good class, I'd say he has the highest potential to bust of all of them (fwiw, I think pretty much all of the top 8 will at least be starter level players).

Assuming Fultz isn't there, I'd go with Fox or trade the pick. Hell, as deep as the draft is, I'd entertain possibly trading down if the price was right which you almost never see in the NBA. For example, #2 to the Kings for 5 and 10, take Dennis Smith Jr at 5, possibly Monk, Issac, Markennen at 10. Point being, its a deep draft. No need to lock in on someone like Lonzo Ball, who imo isn't any better than many of the prospects.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way - for the Lakers it gives them a lot more options and is really a huge turning point in the Lakers trip back to greatness - one option may be to dump Mozgov or Deng with enough picks to get a developed player that could take these kids to good balling. Honestly I think outside of looking for free agents, the Lakers best option might be to hold on to what they have and develop the young talent. Three years on those bad contracts will go bye quickly and in the third year they ill be worth plenty as expiring contracts

Lots of Rumors of Mozgov and Russell or Clarkson for a salary dump to the Nets

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Rumors of Mozgov and Russell or Clarkson for a salary dump to the Nets
That might be a good If the only thing the Lakers had to give up was Clarkson and Russell, but there is a problem with that. The Lakers won't be contenders in the next two years anyway, so I'm not sure a salary dump is necessary - and honestly - what in the hell does Brooklyn have?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be a good If the only thing the Lakers had to give up was Clarkson and Russell, but there is a problem with that. The Lakers won't be contenders in the next two years anyway, so I'm not sure a salary dump is necessary - and honestly - what in the hell does Brooklyn have?

Not and it was or. And what they have is cap space. So if the Lakers make that move with Clarkson and Mozgov they will that will really open up big flexibility for the Lakers. So next year they get PG13 and then Russell becomes expendable. They trade Russell and Randle for a great player and they will have their big 3 again. Maybe a big 4 if Ingram improves like people expect. Or they move Russell to the bench and we have a very solid team with few weaknesses. And we can add another player too. Mozgov's contract is going to hold the team down for the next 3 years. Getting rid of it will be a god send in a way.

The way that Ennis was playing at the end of the season is showing he can be a good backup PG. He is starting to show the fulfillment of his potential that made him a lottery pick.

I am wondering if the Nets would also think about the 28th + Mozgov as a salary dump.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not and it was or. And what they have is cap space. So if the Lakers make that move with Clarkson and Mozgov they will that will really open up big flexibility for the Lakers. So next year they get PG13 and then Russell becomes expendable. They trade Russell and Randle for a great player and they will have their big 3 again. Maybe a big 4 if Ingram improves like people expect. Or they move Russell to the bench and we have a very solid team with few weaknesses. And we can add another player too. Mozgov's contract is going to hold the team down for the next 3 years. Getting rid of it will be a god send in a way.

The way that Ennis was playing at the end of the season is showing he can be a good backup PG. He is starting to show the fulfillment of his potential that made him a lottery pick.

I am wondering if the Nets would also think about the 28th + Mozgov as a salary dump.
Brooklyn only has 64K committed next year, so they might need both contracts in order to prop up their salaries. For 2018-19, they only have 24K - But personally - The Lakers have 81M signed - the expected cap is going to be about 101Million, so they have room to sign one good player, but Johnson said he does not expect the Lakers to be a major player this summer, but hopefully next year. I think it will be possibly two more years before the Lakers are major players short of Russell, Ingram, Randall and Ball developing really fast and becoming serious players

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn only has 64K committed next year, so they might need both contracts in order to prop up their salaries. For 2018-19, they only have 24K - But personally - The Lakers have 81M signed - the expected cap is going to be about 101Million, so they have room to sign one good player, but Johnson said he does not expect the Lakers to be a major player this summer, but hopefully next year. I think it will be possibly two more years before the Lakers are major players short of Russell, Ingram, Randall and Ball developing really fast and becoming serious players

And that is what I am hoping more cap space for 2 years from now. Imagine getting PG13 and another "Big" player to make our own big 3 or 4 or 5.

We could end up with a starting line of Cousins, Randle, Ingrim, George, and Ball with a Bench of Zubac, Nance, Ennis, Russell. That is a championship team 2 years from now. But Mozgov's and possibly Deng's contract has got to go.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwame was no where near the prospect of Simmons. If he came out this year you guys would be crying rivers knowing you landed the 2nd pick.

The most egregious act was when he took Robinson's soul.....right after David was handed the League MVP trophy....lol

This was just BRUTAL.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what I am hoping more cap space for 2 years from now. Imagine getting PG13 and another "Big" player to make our own big 3 or 4 or 5.

We could end up with a starting line of Cousins, Randle, Ingrim, George, and Ball with a Bench of Zubac, Nance, Ennis, Russell. That is a championship team 2 years from now. But Mozgov's and possibly Deng's contract has got to go.
I think two years is the target day for several reasons. All of the rookies will be better developed and begin to emerge as legitimate players and both Deng(this word mean crap in the bible) and Mozgov will be expiring contracts. The Lakers success will be to not mortgage their future like Buss and Kupchak did because this pick des open up the possibilities

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has turned into Lakers Fantasy Island.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @PhoenixEagles1 Your posts in this thread are the most bitter i've ever seen on these boards.

Trying the say the sixers are SO much better than the Lakers, :pound:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't want Ball and hopefully this means he is not an option by our selection. I like De'Aaron Fox and would like to see him in a Sixers uniform, so he can drop 39 on Ball just like he did in the tournament.

As for the argument of who is better, Lakers or Sixers, I think it's a dumb argument because there are too many variables. But if healthy Joel Embiid is better than anyone currently on the Lakers.