• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okudah didn't grow up in Texas......and he's said that he doesn't want to play in the state. That is not info I had before he made his choice.

Recruiting isn't an exact science......you're going to be wrong all the time. I don't work for a recruiting service here. But I am working with information I have from several of these kids families directly.

MANY of the ones we're discussing already want to go to Texas.....they want to see some wins and positive direction first before they do anything. All of them are in a group on a social media platform that talk together with a large number of last year's signees. Why everyone was shocked at Texas' class but Texas fans weren't is because we already KNEW this. Those kids all talk in one group......they already planned out what they wanted to do as a collective. They're planning this year as well. But Texas has to produce.
Now I can respect this post. My point was, though, that without having that info, you were so sure that OSU had no input on the situation if Texas won 8 games and that he was a surefire Longhorn along with Browning and the rest. That's why I said it sounded arrogant, especially now since it's come out that he isn't even considering UT.

I wouldn't be shocked if Browning wound up at UT (though it's actually looking like UCLA might have taken the lead at this point), but I would be shocked if Dobbins was, and obviously Okudah won't be. There's fierce competition for the rest of the guys that haven't already committed, so UT is going to need some serious success this year IMO.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is unquestionably arrogance. Dobbins is a Buckeye until further notice. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Winning at home matters to some kids, but not all of them (obviously, as most of the top players in Texas over the past few years have not gone to UT). By all means, tell me about all these supposed kids that Strong flipped last year. Then I'll remind you of the kids Texas wanted that Urban took (and will continue to take) for himself.

man you are hardcore.

Dobbins is a good recruit, and he'll probably go to OSU who knows? But he may not, he may go elsewhere, who knows? Right now, Texas is pretty well stocked at RB, with Chris Warren who is coming off his FR year, and D'onta Foreman. Incoming Freshman Kyle Porter from Katy could be a star. Plus several others after them. Dobbins may want to go elsewhere.

As for being blind, no we are not blind. We know how it's sucked now for 7 years or so. The point we are making is, Texas has just go two really good classes-yes no Number one overall type player either year, but very good classes nonetheless-even without the two big Baylor pickups this summer.

We've seen these past two years, a large number of recruits that were committed EVERYWHERE BUT TEXAS, but they ended up at Texas. That's a fact.

Any touting of your class in July as being set in stone, is just ignorant in today's recruiting environment.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And talking about Arrogance.

Everyone wants to spout about Texas being arrogant.

My God Man. Have some of you other fanbases ever looked in the friggin mirror?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fanbases are just as arrogant as Texas, is my point.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a hard day at work, sorry to sound off a bit.

Hot Damn, I'm ready for some football

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man you are hardcore.

Dobbins is a good recruit, and he'll probably go to OSU who knows? But he may not, he may go elsewhere, who knows? Right now, Texas is pretty well stocked at RB, with Chris Warren who is coming off his FR year, and D'onta Foreman. Incoming Freshman Kyle Porter from Katy could be a star. Plus several others after them. Dobbins may want to go elsewhere.

As for being blind, no we are not blind. We know how it's sucked now for 7 years or so. The point we are making is, Texas has just go two really good classes-yes no Number one overall type player either year, but very good classes nonetheless-even without the two big Baylor pickups this summer.

We've seen these past two years, a large number of recruits that were committed EVERYWHERE BUT TEXAS, but they ended up at Texas. That's a fact.

Any touting of your class in July as being set in stone, is just ignorant in today's recruiting environment.
Aside from the Baylor kids, who were all these other players? Serious question, I didn't recall Texas flipping tons of stud prospects either of the last two years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Baylor kids, who were all these other players? Serious question, I didn't recall Texas flipping tons of stud prospects either of the last two years.

That would take more brainpower than I have left after today. But I'm sure one of the Texas fans can do the list.

Malik Jefferson was the first one off the bat two years ago. But there are a bunch of em.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, these are not (well, 2016 class is now with the two big Baylor add ons) top five classes. These were top 10 or so (give or take a couple spots depending on the service) type classes. But coming off what we had on hand to roll out there on game day, these two classes are light years ahead talent-wise.

If they can just win more games this year, show some excitement, the recruits will jump on. Hell, they are jumping on a .500 team as it is the past two year, wait until the wins start coming.

But the team is still some years away from having the kind of depth/stacked talent Bamn, and to a slightly lesser extent, tOSU and LSU programs have.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fowler, Delance, Elliott, Daniels, and Giles were all 4 stars that were committed somewhere else and signed with Texas in 2016. That is off the top of my head.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, but until then, you're being arrogant. Arrogance is spouting off about how such and such recruit will flip from a better program to go to yours just because you think they should. Arrogance was making up crap about Okudah only for him to not even consider your school. You have no credibility. That is why it's coming off as arrogance.

No arrogance is insulting anyone that doesn't share your opinion. We all can acknowledge that none of us have all the information, but somehow you anyone deciphering the tea leaves different is arrogant. I hope you can see the irony in that

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue who Iowa has signed recently. Nor do I care. I do see they're up to 15 in the new class rankings so whoever they've got is clearly not people they normally get so I assume that's going to help although most of them will likely get arrested

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chose Irish over Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson and Bama.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, never thought Texas really could get this guy. The Gilbert/Briles offense is not a TE heavy offense.

In fact, it's been many years since Texas really used the TE as a receiver. Mostly they are H-back/blocker types.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, never thought Texas really could get this guy. The Gilbert/Briles offense is not a TE heavy offense.

In fact, it's been many years since Texas really used the TE as a receiver. Mostly they are H-back/blocker types.

That's not it. It's not like Bama uses TEs either. If he signs with Bama he'll be a OG after a redshirt year and he'll be miserable. Hopefully he's smart enough to figure that out. He doesn't have to sign with Texas, but Bama would be a bad move if he wants to be a pass catching TE.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not it. It's not like Bama uses TEs either. If he signs with Bama he'll be a OG after a redshirt year and he'll be miserable. Hopefully he's smart enough to figure that out. He doesn't have to sign with Texas, but Bama would be a bad move if he wants to be a pass catching TE.

I would agree in principle, but I think the fact Alabama is the premiere CFB program right now, and have been since kids his age started watching football, plus all the NFL players coming from there, then throw in what OJ Howard did on the big stage last year just make Alabama the top choice for many players.

Even a TE. I mean, Bama has had receivers who dont catch many passes end up high first round draft choices and Pro Bowl players.

Alabama stacks highly rated players up at every position, the competition is fierce and yet they still want to go there. And the fact that Texas has not in a long time, nor does the Briles offense ever, use TEs to any real extent, I just dont see a highly rated TE prospect turning down Alabama to go to Texas until we're back on the big stage.