• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Right, just like I was told that Okudah REALLY loved CS and Texas would end up with him too, even though he's not even considering them.

You Texas fans have quite the undeserved sense of arrogance when it comes to recruiting. It's funny how you say "it's early so where kids are leaning is a bit of a silly argument", then you turn around and talk about how Texas has a "good position" with these kids. Dobbins is all OSU, keep dreaming.

Not sure anyone ever said Okudah was coming to Texas. Never been favored. Many said he was top in-state choice and that Texas was back in the fold after not being in it. That died. Not dreaming on Dobbins. I just said it will take some turns. Everything is not black and white. Arrogance, because I said it is early? That is the truth. Texas moved from in the mid-30s in December to top 10. Its 17-18 year old kids, they flip and change their minds all the time. Only arrogance I see is someone sitting in Ohio thinking he knows the entire Texas recruiting landscape

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Just last year
#4 WR in the country
#1 Safety
#2 OG
#4 QB
#4 OLB

now sure what you mean by elite. 5 players ranked inside the top 5 in country.
#4 WR and #2 OG are literally only there because Baylor collapsed, those don't count.

#1 safety in what is a weak safety class. Buechle is the #4 DT QB, not the overall #4 QB. Overall, according to composite rating, he's not even top 10. Good job on McCulloch, however only Duvernay was top 5 in the state of Texas, which was the entire point here, and again you only have him because Baylor collapsed, not because Texas earned his commitment.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone ever said Okudah was coming to Texas. Never been favored. Many said he was top in-state choice and that Texas was back in the fold after not being in it. That died. Not dreaming on Dobbins. I just said it will take some turns. Everything is not black and white. Arrogance, because I said it is early? That is the truth. Texas moved from in the mid-30s in December to top 10. Its 17-18 year old kids, they flip and change their minds all the time. Only arrogance I see is someone sitting in Ohio thinking he knows the entire Texas recruiting landscape
Arrogant because you say it's early, yet act like Texas has the inside track on these kids. And no, these kids don't flip and change their minds "all the time", it happens pretty infrequently in the grand scheme actually. You've got your one fellow Horn telling me Texas is going to "own the top 10" recruits in the state, and it may have been him (not sure) who said if Texas won 8-9 games Okudah would be a Longhorn because he "loved CS".

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#4 WR and #2 OG are literally only there because Baylor collapsed, those don't count.

#1 safety in what is a weak safety class. Buechle is the #4 DT QB, not the overall #4 QB. Overall, according to composite rating, he's not even top 10. Good job on McCulloch, however only Duvernay was top 5 in the state of Texas, which was the entire point here, and again you only have him because Baylor collapsed, not because Texas earned his commitment.

Silly me, I counted them because they are on Texas's roster. Are you saying that a kid that is top 5 at his position is not a elite recruit? I need to know the cut off. Somehow Brandon Jones doesnt count, so I am confused

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogant because you say it's early, yet act like Texas has the inside track on these kids. And no, these kids don't flip and change their minds "all the time", it happens pretty infrequently in the grand scheme actually. You've got your one fellow Horn telling me Texas is going to "own the top 10" recruits in the state, and it may have been him (not sure) who said if Texas won 8-9 games Okudah would be a Longhorn because he "loved CS".

I did not say they had the inside track, that is just your poor comprehension.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly me, I counted them because they are on Texas's roster. Are you saying that a kid that is top 5 at his position is not a elite recruit? I need to know the cut off. Somehow Brandon Jones doesnt count, so I am confused
Brandon Jones is the top rated safety in a weak safety class. For example, in the 2014, 2015, or 2017 classes, he'd of been the 4th or 5th best safety in the country at best. My point was (again) that he wasn't top 5 in the state of Texas.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say they had the inside track, that is just your poor comprehension.
Whatever you say. Point is, you Texas fans have gotten supremely overconfident given how sad your program has been. I keep hearing how "if we get 8 wins, (fill in the recruit's name) will be a Longhorn". Seriously? Why the hell would a kid want to play for a middling Big 12 team when they can play for Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, etc?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Jones is the top rated safety in a weak safety class. For example, in the 2014, 2015, or 2017 classes, he'd of been the 4th or 5th best safety in the country at best. My point was (again) that he wasn't top 5 in the state of Texas.

So the highest rated safety in the country doesnt count as Elite, you are being stupid

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say. Point is, you Texas fans have gotten supremely overconfident given how sad your program has been. I keep hearing how "if we get 8 wins, (fill in the recruit's name) will be a Longhorn". Seriously? Why the hell would a kid want to play for a middling Big 12 team when they can play for Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, etc?

Uhhh, perhaps because Texas pulled a top 10 class with a losing record. I think it is fair to say they would do better with 9 wins. It is a crazy idea, based on your logic that winning is the biggest factor for these kids.

To be honest, if my kid had a pick of schools. There is no chacne in hell I would let him play for OSU, Bama, LSU, or OU...I would push Stanford. Michigan/ND would be the call over OSU 10 out of 10 times. Sometimes it is about more than winning college games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh, perhaps because Texas pulled a top 10 class with a losing record. I think it is fair to say they would do better with 9 wins. It is a crazy idea, based on your logic that winning is the biggest factor for these kids.

To be honest, if my kid had a pick of schools. There is no chacne in hell I would let him play for OSU, Bama, LSU, or OU...I would push Stanford. Michigan/ND would be the call over OSU 10 out of 10 times. Sometimes it is about more than winning college games.
And this shows that you know nothing about Ohio State. Congrats on being an ignorant moron. Your child would be extraordinarily fortunate to ever have the chance to attend and play football at Ohio State.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this shows that you know nothing about Ohio State. Congrats on being an ignorant moron. Your child would be extraordinarily fortunate to ever have the chance to attend and play football at Ohio State.

No, it shows how blind you are. I would be making that decision based on things like education and life after football.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it shows how blind you are. I would be making that decision based on things like education and life after football.
LOL are you serious? As I said, you know nothing about Ohio State or Columbus in general, and you're proving it yet again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think you're missing is that kids don't just want to join the best team in the country.

They want to win AT HOME. Where their families can see them play. Texas is building something special. Kids see that. Parents love Charlie Strong and what he's doing for these kids. He has a track record of putting even 3 stars in the league.

This thought process that because Texas has sucked recently and that it's not going to change is pretty arrogant, and foolish. Texas is the premier in state team in a recruiting hotbed. FOR THE MOST PART, Strong is getting the players he wants, even without the wins.

They win 8 or 9 games and YES, I'm saying it......they'll land more of these kids than you think they will. Dobbins, Browning, Hines, Moses, are all likely to go to Texas.....that's my opinion until proven otherwise. I think they're in a great position with these kids, and they look up to the guys that have already signed with Texas.

Strong encourages kids to take all their visits, see the landscape for what it is.......then he gets that last visit and closes. He'll head into December with 5 commits or so, and finish with a top 10 class. We're used to it.......you guys aren't.

Ask Michigan and LSU about those kids that they had verbals from in Texas and how it worked out at the end. They were ALL "solid" commits.......and then Strong reeled them in.

This isn't arrogance, it's history. We understand how he recruits. We understand why kids choose to go here. And YES, we're confident.....we have every reason to be so. All we need is things to go well during the season and we'll get the kids we're after, despite what you think. We've done it every year Strong has been here.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think you're missing is that kids don't just want to join the best team in the country.

They want to win AT HOME. Where their families can see them play. Texas is building something special. Kids see that. Parents love Charlie Strong and what he's doing for these kids. He has a track record of putting even 3 stars in the league.

This thought process that because Texas has sucked recently and that it's not going to change is pretty arrogant, and foolish. Texas is the premier in state team in a recruiting hotbed. FOR THE MOST PART, Strong is getting the players he wants, even without the wins.

They win 8 or 9 games and YES, I'm saying it......they'll land more of these kids than you think they will. Dobbins, Browning, Hines, Moses, are all likely to go to Texas.....that's my opinion until proven otherwise. I think they're in a great position with these kids, and they look up to the guys that have already signed with Texas.

Strong encourages kids to take all their visits, see the landscape for what it is.......then he gets that last visit and closes. He'll head into December with 5 commits or so, and finish with a top 10 class. We're used to it.......you guys aren't.

Ask Michigan and LSU about those kids that they had verbals from in Texas and how it worked out at the end. They were ALL "solid" commits.......and then Strong reeled them in.

This isn't arrogance, it's history. We understand how he recruits. We understand why kids choose to go here. And YES, we're confident.....we have every reason to be so. All we need is things to go well during the season and we'll get the kids we're after, despite what you think. We've done it every year Strong has been here.
This is unquestionably arrogance. Dobbins is a Buckeye until further notice. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Winning at home matters to some kids, but not all of them (obviously, as most of the top players in Texas over the past few years have not gone to UT). By all means, tell me about all these supposed kids that Strong flipped last year. Then I'll remind you of the kids Texas wanted that Urban took (and will continue to take) for himself.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is unquestionably arrogance. Dobbins is a Buckeye until further notice. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Winning at home matters to some kids, but not all of them (obviously, as most of the top players in Texas over the past few years have not gone to UT). By all means, tell me about all these supposed kids that Strong flipped last year. Then I'll remind you of the kids Texas wanted that Urban took (and will continue to take) for himself.

Wrong. Dobbins isn't ANYTHING until he signs paperwork in February. He's not your property.

NONE of these kids are. I didn't say ALL kids want to win at home, but most of them do. That's why it's hard to pull kids out of ANY state that have quality options.

Urban hasn't taken many from Strong......they haven't been after the same kids for the most part. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

ARROGANCE is ASSUMING a kid is going to choose you when you have zero guarantees. Kids will do what they will......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Dobbins isn't ANYTHING until he signs paperwork in February. He's not your property.

NONE of these kids are. I didn't say ALL kids want to win at home, but most of them do. That's why it's hard to pull kids out of ANY state that have quality options.

Urban hasn't taken many from Strong......they haven't been after the same kids for the most part. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

ARROGANCE is ASSUMING a kid is going to choose you when you have zero guarantees. Kids will do what they will......
Haha, lighten up for crying out loud. I never said he's OSU's property, nancy. He's a Buckeye commit, and he re-confirmed it this last week when he was hanging out with Zeke Elliott, calling himself "the future of OSU football at RB just as Zeke was". And yes, arrogance is assuming a kid that is committed to arguably the 2nd best program in the nation is going to somehow flip and go to your middling program just because you think he should. You're being undeservedly arrogant even though Texas has proven nothing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, lighten up for crying out loud. I never said he's OSU's property, nancy. He's a Buckeye commit, and he re-confirmed it this last week when he was hanging out with Zeke Elliott, calling himself "the future of OSU football at RB just as Zeke was". And yes, arrogance is assuming a kid that is committed to arguably the 2nd best program in the nation is going to somehow flip and go to your middling program just because you think he should. You're being undeservedly arrogant even though Texas has proven nothing.

I never ASSUMED any kid would do ANYTHING. I've said it's my OPINION that IF Texas wins 8-9 games those kids will choose Texas. I have my reasons for believing so, and I'll wait to be proven right or wrong.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never ASSUMED any kid would do ANYTHING. I've said it's my OPINION that IF Texas wins 8-9 games those kids will choose Texas. I have my reasons for believing so, and I'll wait to be proven right or wrong.
Great, but until then, you're being arrogant. Arrogance is spouting off about how such and such recruit will flip from a better program to go to yours just because you think they should. Arrogance was making up crap about Okudah only for him to not even consider your school. You have no credibility. That is why it's coming off as arrogance.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, but until then, you're being arrogant. Arrogance is spouting off about how such and such recruit will flip from a better program to go to yours just because you think they should. Arrogance was making up crap about Okudah only for him to not even consider your school. You have no credibility. That is why it's coming off as arrogance.

I've never made up ANYTHING about Okudah......that's your selective comprehension. I've told you point blank - Texas is in better position to land these kids than YOU think they are. That's not arrogance.....I'm working with what these kids have said out of their own mouths. Maybe Texas lands them and maybe they don't.

Arrogance is your "better program" talk