• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already committed to the UTL event at Texas. It's the same day as his proposed visit to tOSU.
All I'm seeing on this is a report on a Texas football message board. I'm not saying it's false, but I'm really surprised I can't find anything else at all on it. Even if it is true, I'm still not really worried. If OSU has another monster season and wants him bad enough, I have a feeling he'll be in Columbus.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm seeing on this is a report on a Texas football message board. I'm not saying it's false, but I'm really surprised I can't find anything else at all on it. Even if it is true, I'm still not really worried. If OSU has another monster season and wants him bad enough, I have a feeling he'll be in Columbus.

From your position I can see that.

What I'm telling you is that if Texas wins 8, your season WILL NOT MATTER. He will sign with Texas. He REALLY likes Charlie Strong, and if you've been paying attention the last two recruiting cycles......where he is right now won't matter.

Charlie closes on recruits as well as anybody in the nation. You guys simply don't get just how good he is as a recruiter. Most of these kids don't WANT to leave the state. All they need is a good reason to go to UT.

You SHOULD be worried. You should be VERY worried.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From your position I can see that.

What I'm telling you is that if Texas wins 8, your season WILL NOT MATTER. He will sign with Texas. He REALLY likes Charlie Strong, and if you've been paying attention the last two recruiting cycles......where he is right now won't matter.

Charlie closes on recruits as well as anybody in the nation. You guys simply don't get just how good he is as a recruiter. Most of these kids don't WANT to leave the state. All they need is a good reason to go to UT.

You SHOULD be worried. You should be VERY worried.
No offense to Charlie, but he's not on Saban or Meyer's level in recruiting. Maybe they'll stay in Texas, maybe they won't. Yeah they may REALLY like Strong, but they both (especially Okudah) REALLY like OSU, also.

Besides, worried is the last word I'd describe my view of OSU recruiting. In case you haven't seen, we're putting together a potentially historic class, so two guys won't make or break it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense to Charlie, but he's not on Saban or Meyer's level in recruiting. Maybe they'll stay in Texas, maybe they won't. Yeah they may REALLY like Strong, but they both (especially Okudah) REALLY like OSU, also.

Besides, worried is the last word I'd describe my view of OSU recruiting. In case you haven't seen, we're putting together a potentially historic class, so two guys won't make or break it.

I get all that. Just saying......don't dismiss Strong on the recruiting trail. He doesn't have the rings to sell, but he just put together a historic class......he's better than you think at both evaluations and recruiting.

Both schools will live with or without these players......but Browning is a harder sell than Okudah in terms of leaving the state.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decommitted from ND earlier this year.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star OT Kai-Leon Herbert out of Fort Lauderdale, FL made a Walking Dead/Zombie themed video to announce his committment:

:scared:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star OT Kai-Leon Herbert out of Fort Lauderdale, FL made a Walking Dead/Zombie themed video to announce his committment:

:scared:

He should've done was he should do Negan and line up all his finalist and do the Eenie Meenie Miney Mo game with a barbed wire bat.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was an odd one. Kid tried to commit to TCU and Texas, both passed. Why did A&M make him a priority? They could have had him at any point.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an odd one. Kid tried to commit to TCU and Texas, both passed. Why did A&M make him a priority? They could have had him at any point.

Well you probably want to go to TexAgs to get the details.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you probably want to go to TexAgs to get the details.
Jus to asking. A&M always has depth at WR. The state is loaded at WR. It seemed odd they would push for the kid in July

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notre Dame is putting together a hell of a class on offense.