• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mond was a great get for them. They have to follow it up tho with quality. And that schedule, outside of their guaranteed 4 cupcakes OOC, isn't looking all that great. They can't keep coming in nearly dead last in their half of the conference and land anyone.

Texas is landing this talent after 5-7. Think about that. Kids clearly want to go to Texas. That shouldn't be the case but the negative momentum at A&M is obvious right now.
Texas should always have kids that really want to go there, though. Growing up, if I was a big recruit and wasn't going to Ohio State, Texas would be high on my list. Great city, awesome college, sweet uniforms, tradition, etc. It looks like they're regaining their recruiting ways of the 2000s, when they had most of the in-state talent on lockdown. The Baylor collapse definitely helps, and it doesn't seem like TCU is much of a contender for most of the top kids it seems. Hell, I'd say Ohio State is a larger competitor for top in-state talent than anyone else in the state of Texas right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas should always have kids that really want to go there, though. Growing up, if I was a big recruit and wasn't going to Ohio State, Texas would be high on my list. Great city, awesome college, sweet uniforms, tradition, etc. It looks like they're regaining their recruiting ways of the 2000s, when they had most of the in-state talent on lockdown. The Baylor collapse definitely helps, and it doesn't seem like TCU is much of a contender for most of the top kids it seems. Hell, I'd say Ohio State is a larger competitor for top in-state talent than anyone else in the state of Texas right now.

I'd agree with that and Ole Miss. What you see is the top prospects, if not choosing Texas, are leaving the state. That's BAD NEWS for A&M, TCU, Tech, etc.

If Texas does indeed win 8+ games this year......Moses, Hines, Browning, Okudah will all most likely be Longhorns.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with that and Ole Miss. What you see is the top prospects, if not choosing Texas, are leaving the state. That's BAD NEWS for A&M, TCU, Tech, etc.

If Texas does indeed win 8+ games this year......Moses, Hines, Browning, Okudah will all most likely be Longhorns.
Browning, possibly. He's heating up with OSU though. He has his second unofficial visit in 2 months scheduled for July 22.

Okudah, unlikely. If he goes anywhere but OSU, I would bet on it being Oklahoma. I have seen nothing on him having a strong tie to UT, while every indication is that he's still leaning heavily to OSU.

If OSU has another monster year and winds up in the playoff, I think we end up with both.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mond was a great get for them. They have to follow it up tho with quality. And that schedule, outside of their guaranteed 4 cupcakes OOC, isn't looking all that great. They can't keep coming in nearly dead last in their half of the conference and land anyone.

Texas is landing this talent after 5-7. Think about that. Kids clearly want to go to Texas. That shouldn't be the case but the negative momentum at A&M is obvious right now.
Negative momentum? Were having a pretty good month recruiting. Just picked up another good Center today.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative momentum? Were having a pretty good month recruiting. Just picked up another good Center today.

You've had two good commits.....Mond and Humphrey. That's it. The rest are all dubious or questionable at best. It's not a good class so far - too many non factors.

I know you guys aren't going to listen to me.....but this is EXACTLY how Texas failed. Mack started taking early commits from kids that had no business putting on a Texas uniform. Sumlin is doing the same thing.....and will have the same results if you guys don't pick up the pace and land some better talent. You're getting SERIOUSLY outrecruited in state, as well as in the SEC.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marichol was a pretty good get at LB the other day too. I wouldn't consider him to be dubious or questionable especially because LB is where we are lacking the most depth. Either way, we lost a small 5* QB to Ohio State and a WR that probably would have backed out anyway because we have WRs lined up around the corner. Ever since that whole fiasco we got ten commits and a couple of them are pretty darn good. I don't consider it negative momentum at all. We hit some bumps but have new coordinators that are getting the right kids that fit the system that they run the best.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marichol was a pretty good get at LB the other day too. I wouldn't consider him to be dubious or questionable especially because LB is where we are lacking the most depth. Either way, we lost a small 5* QB to Ohio State and a WR that probably would have backed out anyway because we have WRs lined up around the corner. Ever since that whole fiasco we got ten commits and a couple of them are pretty darn good. I don't consider it negative momentum at all. We hit some bumps but have new coordinators that are getting the right kids that fit the system that they run the best.

I'll say this again.....you aren't getting it done IN STATE. That is a massive problem. OOS recruiting is hit or miss......and if kids from OOS transfer out, you'll get a bad reputation. You HAVE to be able to land the top talent in state if you want to compete longterm.

That's not happening. And it's going to affect what you see on the field. As somebody that watched several programs bleed themselves slowly to death this way, I'm telling you this......this is a recipe for CERTAIN disaster.

You guys will learn the hard way. I've seen this too many times now.

Good luck with the season, you guys are going to NEED IT.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean anything if SEC teams wanted him

Only A&M wanted him. Ole Miss and Tenn backed off after he ran that 5+ 40. Creed and Mond were really nice gets. Marchoil is Mastrogiovanni part 2

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2015 classes for both schools had 14 combined 4/5* kids, but A&M had one more 5*. You're probably right about the win totals, but it won't be far off.

Texas has been ahead in 2015 and 2016. A&M has lead by a wide margin early in each year. A&M took some questionable guy in this cycle, maybe they are great evals. They have a sub .88 average ranking. Going to be hard to stay in the top 10, most are at least 90 or above. Nobody will come close to OSU this year. 94+ right now

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but there are also always a few of the top guys that want no part of Texas. Every year there are a couple that jsut have 0 interest in Texas and usually a couple that want to leave Texas. Only out of state school I have seen that has had continued success in Texas is Bama. Remember the Harbaugh summer invasion last year? That died in the winter. I left out LSU, because a lot of Texas kids have ties to La. (Katrina)

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
emxykwpleshgi2ytw1cfxl5ic_crop_north-gif-114202-gif.127152.gif

This one is a surprise.

Joel Honigford, Garaway, Offensive Tackle

High 3-star OT Joel Honigford out of Sugarcreek, OH was pretty much considered almost a lock for Michigan State. Honigford had 29 offers, with his final four school choices being Michigan State, Michigan, Oregon, and Auburn.

Wednesday June 29th Honingford committed to Michigan instead of Michigan State.

I wonder what happened?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but there are also always a few of the top guys that want no part of Texas. Every year there are a couple that jsut have 0 interest in Texas and usually a couple that want to leave Texas. Only out of state school I have seen that has had continued success in Texas is Bama. Remember the Harbaugh summer invasion last year? That died in the winter. I left out LSU, because a lot of Texas kids have ties to La. (Katrina)

LSU has always recruited in Texas!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has always recruited in Texas!

Yes, but the affect is greater now. A lot more kids have close ties to LSU after Katrina. Why I dont consider them a pure out of state recruiter.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commits now are nice. But ask me in late January, or on signing day.

Its certainly easier on the mind knowing you have commits rather than dont, but nothing is set in stone until NSD.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commits now are nice. But ask me in late January, or on signing day.

Its certainly easier on the mind knowing you have commits rather than dont, but nothing is set in stone until NSD.

That's true!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning, possibly. He's heating up with OSU though. He has his second unofficial visit in 2 months scheduled for July 22.

Okudah, unlikely. If he goes anywhere but OSU, I would bet on it being Oklahoma. I have seen nothing on him having a strong tie to UT, while every indication is that he's still leaning heavily to OSU.

If OSU has another monster year and winds up in the playoff, I think we end up with both.

Just so you know....Browning cancelled his OSU visit and will go to UTL at Texas......

I keep trying to tell you......Texas kids are HARD to pull out of state. Just because they're leaning your way right now.....if Texas wins 8+ games, they're going to Texas no matter what OSU does. You heard it here first.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know....Browning cancelled his OSU visit and will go to UTL at Texas......

I keep trying to tell you......Texas kids are HARD to pull out of state. Just because they're leaning your way right now.....if Texas wins 8+ games, they're going to Texas no matter what OSU does. You heard it here first.

ND has already pulled three 4 stars outta the state of Texas, including the #1 TE in the country.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not finding this anywhere. I'm interested where you heard this.